The Beginning of the End?

BigHawksSupporter

Reaction score
"That is the kind of loss that can really linger within and possibly fracture an organization. There will be a lot of finger pointing in that locker room with some pretty big egos having to place blame somewhere. Will be interesting to see how they do in 2015."

Came here to mourn.

Seeing all this finger pointing and threatening bans for people speaking their minds on here is exactly what we don't need.

Watching the guys start a fist fight on the field at the end of the game.

Listening to everyone complaining about a defensive call and forgetting about the incredible back and forth game. Not to mention that we wouldn't have even been in the position to attempt a goal line play without a lucky, one-in-a-million catch.

We need to look forward to next year and we need to start by looking at our shortcomings instead of refusing to listen to anyone who doesn't think a defensive call lost us the game.

Let's be better than this.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I hope not. But the worst thing that can happen here is that the team lets this loss destroy their future.

I think if we let the leaders (Russ, Earl Sherm and Pete) on this team lead, then we will be fine. I still trust PC and Schneider to keep this team tight and on the right track towards another superbowl.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Understand the sentiment , OP, but not sure your very first post somewhere should be telling people how to handle things. Even if youre right, gotta earn some cred first.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
There's no other way of looking at it. Seahawks threw that game. But in regards to the team breaking up. It could have the opposite affect because they do still have last years win. So that team know's it can win a superbowl. It could be used as extra motivation to get back again and if they were to win it next year, they would still be a dynasty.

Mick063

Reaction score
Bevell has lost the locker room. If he stays, it isn't the beginning of the end. The end has already happened.

These guys won't compete at the level we are accustomed to while knowing a dumbass may destroy a season's worth of hard work in an instant.

Daytomann

Reaction score
Well while Bevell is the dumbass of the century, PC and/or RW could have stopped it. So throw them squarely under the dumbass buss as well. They both lost a lot of my respect.

The Delf

Reaction score
Bevell has to go (not only for this one call), and we still need to find 1 or 2 good WR for next season.

Sure, this play still hurts and it will come back to all of us in the future, being an uneasy feeling, bad dream, memory. You name it. But in the end our team gave it away. The O had enough chances to add 6+1 and didn't put the lid on it. Our D was "crippled" with lot's of injuries but still held the line as they could. All of that wasn't enough. So, there's always next year, with an even more hungry-for-wins, healthy and focused team.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
What does what we as fans do have anything to do with what happens to the lockerroom. What a terrible first post

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bradynumber4":38monq7r said:
There's no other way of looking at it. Seahawks threw that game. But in regards to the team breaking up. It could have the opposite affect because they do still have last years win. So that team know's it can win a superbowl. It could be used as extra motivation to get back again and if they were to win it next year, they would still be a dynasty.

i would look no further than the team we gave the game to.

Pats had won 3 Super Bowls in like 4/5 years? then lose 2 heartbreakers. Took some time, but they stayed together and made it back.

Probably shouldnt have won last night, but seeing the Pats sneak away with the Lombardi after losing the last two makes me not that worried about the Seahawks

strohmin

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27zg8c0s said:
bradynumber4":27zg8c0s said:

Pats had won 3 Super Bowls in like 4/5 years? then lose 2 heartbreakers. Took some time, but they stayed together and made it back.

Probably shouldnt have won last night, but seeing the Pats sneak away with the Lombardi after losing the last two makes me not that worried about the Seahawks

I don't recall the Patriots losing a super bowl because of their own idiotic plays. What Bevell did may have just destroyed this locker room.

LTH

Reaction score
I think you are right its a tough loss to over come... But sh!t happens...Its my opinion that this team is different... we'll see what happens but I like Carroll I like the way he handles this team... I think they will pull through...... but for the fans we will never forget that one.... Im looking forward to Carrolls PC...

LTH

dunceface

Reaction score
The Atlanta loss didn't seem to have that effect
1/10 first post

Uncle Si

Reaction score
strohmin":363jj5sm said:
Uncle Si":363jj5sm said:
bradynumber4":363jj5sm said:

I don't recall the Patriots losing a super bowl because of their own idiotic plays. What Bevell did may have just destroyed this locker room.

so you think the pros in that locker room, with all the desire and intestinal fortitude it has taken to make it to two straight Super Bowls, after the devastating loss in Atlanta, are suddenly going to turn on themselves?

this teams mantra has always been about getting each others back? its going to stop now?

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ht28cbr said:
strohmin":3ht28cbr said:
Uncle Si":3ht28cbr said:
bradynumber4":3ht28cbr said:

so you think the pros in that locker room, with all the desire and intestinal fortitude it has taken to make it to two straight Super Bowls, after the devastating loss in Atlanta, are suddenly going to turn on themselves?

this teams mantra has always been about getting each others back? its going to stop now?

No. We'll be meeting again.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":8cfs89wc said:
shortest dynasty ever?

Just quoting a troll so he gets taken care of.

Can't be too mad when you go back to back SB's and win one. This team is going to be good for a long time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bostonhardo":6guvbfhy said:
Uncle Si":6guvbfhy said:
strohmin":6guvbfhy said:
Uncle Si":6guvbfhy said:

No. We'll be meeting again.

i hope so. we owe you one.

enjoy your trophy. Brady was fantastic. (we still shouldve won...)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think Pete has been exposed a bit. Turns out he is a much better motivator and show man than he is a coach. He can over come this by making good hires and adjusting a few things.

1. How about adding "no friendly fire Friday's" to his cute little list of ra ra's. Too many of our injuries are self inflicted.

Latest posts