End of the season thoughts...

OLYhawks

Reaction score
First and foremost, congratulations Geno Smith! Second, we won our "Super Bowl" at the beginning of the season when we beat Russ and Broncos. Countless people were ONLY wanting that outcome for the season. I said before that game, anything extra is a bonus. What a great season! Onto the draft which I'm extremely excited for!

Feel free to add any other thoughts...

Go Hawks!

Scout

Reaction score
Here are my three main thoughts:

I feel the offense overachieved but they are also capable of so much more when iOL is upgraded in the off season along with WR3. Very excited for the offense to be even better next year.

Defensively, Hurtt isn't cut out to be a DC. Desai should take over or hand the reigns over to a legit DC.

On defense the lack of impact players in the front seven is painfully obvious. Too many 2s that should not be 1s but that should be addressed in the off season.

And finally for my final thought I think the coaching was pretty good overall with the exception on the defensive side of the ball.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
So who do you think will be resigned and who is let go or retires?
I think Dallas needs to go and hopefully our rib room can stay healthy.
we still need help on the O line and huge help on the defense side of the ball.
excited about our CB but that is about it

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Here are my three main thoughts:

I feel the offense overachieved but they are also capable of so much more when iOL is upgraded in the off season along with WR3. Very excited for the offense to be even better next year.

Defensively, Hurtt isn't cut out to be a DC. Desai should take over or hand the reigns over to a legit DC.

On defense the lack of impact players in the front seven is painfully obvious. Too many 2s that should not be 1s but that should be addressed in the off season.

And finally for my final thought I think the coaching was pretty good overall with the exception on the defensive side of the ball.
Perfect summary.

James in PA

Reaction score
Successful season. We crushed expectations, made the playoffs and we get a top 5 draft pick!

That said, the loss is a little too fresh and I have serious concerns about this D moving forward if they retain Hurtt, no matter what they do in the draft.

Scout

Reaction score
Lots of draft capital and decent cap space heading into the off season. And the 2022 rookies gained valuable experience. Very good season for this team. Much better than I would have guessed.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Cutting Bobby Wagner was a mistake. That was pretty cold. Bobby was a class act!
Giving DK Metcalf a fat raise was a mistake. Maybe find a trading parter for DK, while there might still be interest.
Trading away Wilson was a giant leap forward.
Don't give Geno Smith a fat contract. 10 million/2 year deal max. He did way better, than expected though.
Seahawks have some good cornerbacks.
Maybe find a trading partner for Jamal Adams, if possible.
Don't trade away draft picks. Possibly use the top four picks on defense, it's in bad shape.
Maybe hire Walter Jones or Steve Hutchinson as Offensive lineman coaches, to help right the ship.
Other things...

Looking forward to next season and a start of things moving in the right direction. Go Seahawks!