The Beginning of the End?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
For the most part, this is an idiotic, group-think circle, errr werk of a thread. ;)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
brimsalabim":36het12e said:
I think Pete has been exposed a bit. Turns out he is a much better motivator and show man than he is a coach. He can over come this by making good hires and adjusting a few things.

1. How about adding "no friendly fire Friday's" to his cute little list of ra ra's. Too many of our injuries are self inflicted.

we are bashing the coach that has helped built the greatest 4 year run in franchise history?

ffs...

MVP53

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3sffqm6f said:
bradynumber4":3sffqm6f said:
There's no other way of looking at it. Seahawks threw that game. But in regards to the team breaking up. It could have the opposite affect because they do still have last years win. So that team know's it can win a superbowl. It could be used as extra motivation to get back again and if they were to win it next year, they would still be a dynasty.

i would look no further than the team we gave the game to.

Pats had won 3 Super Bowls in like 4/5 years? then lose 2 heartbreakers. Took some time, but they stayed together and made it back.

Probably shouldnt have won last night, but seeing the Pats sneak away with the Lombardi after losing the last two makes me not that worried about the Seahawks

Excellent post.

I got a little perspective listening to Cowherd, of all people. He said (paraphrasing), "How good is Seattle? They got outplayed for 3 quarters by GB & NE and still beat GB and came one play from beating NE."

It basically took an incredible performance by maybe the greatest QB of all time to beat the Hawks by 4.

strohmin

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2k27hqp7 said:
strohmin":2k27hqp7 said:
Uncle Si":2k27hqp7 said:
bradynumber4":2k27hqp7 said:
There's no other way of looking at it. Seahawks threw that game. But in regards to the team breaking up. It could have the opposite affect because they do still have last years win. So that team know's it can win a superbowl. It could be used as extra motivation to get back again and if they were to win it next year, they would still be a dynasty.

Pats had won 3 Super Bowls in like 4/5 years? then lose 2 heartbreakers. Took some time, but they stayed together and made it back.

Probably shouldnt have won last night, but seeing the Pats sneak away with the Lombardi after losing the last two makes me not that worried about the Seahawks

I don't recall the Patriots losing a super bowl because of their own idiotic plays. What Bevell did may have just destroyed this locker room.

so you think the pros in that locker room, with all the desire and intestinal fortitude it has taken to make it to two straight Super Bowls, after the devastating loss in Atlanta, are suddenly going to turn on themselves?

this teams mantra has always been about getting each others back? its going to stop now?

I am concerned that there may be players that still love Bevell even after that and there may be players that really really hate Bevell and I am not sure whats gonna happen because of this. Its not like the Atlanta loss where our defense was still a little inexperienced and there wasn't a clear way to stop what Atlanta did. I don't think anybody on that team would have questioned anything if Lynch was stuffed and we lost the game.

The worst thing about this loss is that regardless of how Marshawn feels, there are probably players that feel like he got screwed. If Russell is the highest paid QB after this, I don't think that is going to go over well with some players regardless of whether he deserves it or not. If Marshawn decides not to comeback that is going to hurt a lot. We still have to hope we can resign Wagner. Not sure whats gonna happen with Maxwell.

I have a feeling that we are not going to see some players next year that we may not be able to replace right away on the team and we might be looking at another rebuild year.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
MVP53":31wsvy6b said:
Uncle Si":31wsvy6b said:
bradynumber4":31wsvy6b said:

Excellent post.

I got a little perspective listening to Cowherd, of all people. He said (paraphrasing), "How good is Seattle? They got outplayed for 3 quarters by GB & NE and still beat GB and came one play from beating NE."

It basically took an incredible performance by maybe the greatest QB of all time to beat the Hawks by 4.

Keep positive. You have a great organization. We know what it feels like to lose by a hair. (See David Tyree). They just need to stick with what got them there.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bostonhardo":p6wd6qty said:
MVP53":p6wd6qty said:
Uncle Si":p6wd6qty said:
bradynumber4":p6wd6qty said:

Excellent post.

Keep positive. You have a great organization. We know what it feels like to lose by a hair. (See David Tyree). They just need to stick with what got them there.
Listen to this man... I know it hurts now but this isn't the beginning of the end... This is the beginning. The team is young and loaded with talent. We'll be back

cheese22

Reaction score
I tend to agree with the op IF Bevell stays on as oc. Players will never trust his play-calling again, and shouldn't. But the other aspect of this is the timing of some big contracts that the fo has to decide on. And, will some players be less willing to re-sign or come over in free agency if Bevell is here? I sure as hell would.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mick063":1502j2q2 said:
Bevell has lost the locker room. If he stays, it isn't the beginning of the end. The end has already happened.

These guys won't compete at the level we are accustomed to while knowing a dumbass may destroy a season's worth of hard work in an instant.
THIS^

Uncle Si

Reaction score
scutterhawk":azjwqke1 said:
Mick063":azjwqke1 said:
Bevell has lost the locker room. If he stays, it isn't the beginning of the end. The end has already happened.

These guys won't compete at the level we are accustomed to while knowing a dumbass may destroy a season's worth of hard work in an instant.
THIS^

and yet the Baltimore Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB...

hyperbole

byau

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2qu5z9j1 said:
The end????

Sure thing. After seeing what I saw this year I am not sure we are even in the middle yet.

Agreed

If anything, it's the end of this season yes. The beginning of the next one.

blkhwk

Reaction score
strohmin":t4q6loh3 said:
Uncle Si":t4q6loh3 said:
bradynumber4":t4q6loh3 said:

I don't recall the Patriots losing a super bowl because of their own idiotic plays. What Bevell did may have just destroyed this locker room.

One of the losses to the Giants hung on a drop by Welker on a poorly thrown ball by Brady. So yeah, I remember the Pats not executing to seal the deal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not worried about this loss lingering, other than to piss off our core players even more to come back strong and ready for next season.

Now am I worried about a LOT of our injured players making it back without problems and playing to their level of expectation? Yes, we had a ridiculous number of players on IR and end of the season surgeries. It's naive to think ALL of them are going to come back without issues. Hopefully most, and hopefully most of the core players.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seems to me that there's a lot of blame to go around. The defense surrendered the go-ahead TD and lost the first 4Q 10-point lead in Super Bowl history. We all know what happened with the offense.

If any of those guys review the tape and can't see that, then there's some maturing they need to do. All this other stuff about losing the locker-room because of one play-caller is people projecting their own feelings onto the situation. I'd like to think Carroll is better at painting the big-picture for his players.

chet380

Reaction score
DavidSeven":e2jyvwex said:
Seems to me that there's a lot of blame to go around. The defense surrendered the go-ahead TD and lost the first 4Q 10-point lead in Super Bowl history. We all know what happened with the offense.

If any of those guys review the tape and can't see that, then there's some maturing they need to do. All this other stuff about losing the locker-room because of one play-caller is people projecting their own feelings onto the situation. I'd like to think Carroll is better at painting the big-picture for his players.

An isolated Voice Of Reason in this madness of finger-pointing.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't think this is the beginning of the end. While this loss really stings, Pete Carroll is the reason that this team will forge on and do well. He is a master motivator and will jettison any players that don't continue to buy in. This team is still very young and very good and just about all of the best players on the team are or will be signed for years to come.

This team will continue to vie for championships for a while and I think they'll actually benefit from this loss in the long run. After coming so close, they'll be hungry for next year because they want to prove to everyone how good they are.

Pete's USC teams continued to win after their crushing defeat vs Texas so I don't expect anything but winning for the foreseeable future for the Seahawks.

The sky is not falling.

Optimus25

Reaction score
i think the only finger pointing you're referring to is the world pointing to bevell, bevell pointing to lockette, and wilson pointing to himself (like a man). One poster here made the key point IMO, saying the offseason needs to be full of meeting behind closed doors or else this team very well could self implode. Otherwise Bevell is going to be working uphill until we win it all again. Deal with it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Hawks have preached "we win together and we lose together" all season.

If this fractures the lockerroom then that was just talk.