Test to see who is a lifetime Hawks fan vs. a bandwagoner

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Nigerian nitemare: Christian Okoye and the Caucasian nitemare Kelly Stouffer.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Bobby Boucher, Jr.

He was awesome because he could play multiple positions, and is also the only player qualified to handle dihydrogen monoxide - a very dangerous chemical when used improperly (it is caustic, and causes many deaths every year) but absolutely essential to football success.

Kryten

Reaction score
Was happy to get Benchwarmer Bob from the Vikes (first Seahawk team), but I don't think he was as good as I had heard. Then when we got Blair Bush I thought that was a huge step up from John Yarno.

Edit** And Nipsy Russell? Really?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HansGruber":3kopus1k said:
Bobby Boucher, Jr.

He was awesome because he could play multiple positions, and is also the only player qualified to handle dihydrogen monoxide - a very dangerous chemical when used improperly (it is caustic, and causes many deaths every year) but absolutely essential to football success.

Strangely enough, DHM is also well known for being essential in many poisons and biological weapons.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
cberg":2m0e7qzw said:
Sarlacc83":2m0e7qzw said:
I think cberg is compensating for only joining the 'Hawks ranks during the PC era and has gone through the wiki.

Also, DJ Hackett.

Sarlacc83- Child please. While I have a deep love for the PC era I grew up on Ground Chuck. I have fond memories of Jimmy Teal making one of the best catches I have ever seen in a scab game and Steve Largent blowing up James Harden after he prison raped Brian Blades into the endzone against the Donkeys. I lost my innocence by investing my love and belief in guys like Rick Mirer and Dan McGuire and Mike Holmgren as a GM. I played as Jim Zorn in the neighborhood pick up games and bought the Boz autobiography. I remember watching in horror as my team trotted out the likes of Gale Gilbert, Kelly Stouffer, and Stan Gelbough. I remember Cortez Kennedy switching his number in honor of Jerome Brown. I remember Michael Bates meeting the kick returner at the 5 yard line just as he caught the kick.

While this is all well and good, it doesn't surprise me you don't get the thrust of my comment which is: So what? Bandwagoners can eventually turn into die-hard fans if arrogant old people don't act high and mighty because they didn't always have it so good.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
hawksman53":1fmkd1rt said:
Bobby Joe Edmonds? Fred Young? Sam Adams? Derrek Fenner?

Ah ... you beat me to Bobby Joe. He was one heck of a talented kick returner.

If we're talking about guys who truly flew under the radar -- guys who were good who didn't get the national publicity -- I've got a couple of names to add.

Bryan Millard -- very underrated Guard on those early 80's team with a real nasty streak. Good player who played for 8 seasons (started 99 games). If we're talking about All Time Lineman for the Hawks ... he'd be right there with Chris Gray.

Terry Taylor -- a guy that I always felt was a very talented cover CB. He was the Hawks 1st Round choice in 1984 and still ranks up right there among the leaders in Seahawks history in terms of career interceptions.

chris98251

Reaction score
WHo the hell is high and mighty, grumpy and constipated and spotting along with everything hurting maybe, High and Mighty is for those that have at least the credentials to reference. No matter how many decades ago it was.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Agree with most none of this is a testament to fandom... but I'll say Reggie Tongue. We also traded for Largent, and then traded away the pick that led to Tony Dorsett. Have actually had a history of pretty good RB's Warner-Warren-Watters-Alexander-Lynch. I was born in '86 became a fan in '92. I guess i'm a bandwagoner...

Throwdown

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, BOOM! SIGNED! SEALED! DELIVERED!

I B A REEL LYFE FAN EVRY1!

I R .NETZ TRU #1 FANZORZ!

Reaction score
seanoob":24nl8s2o said:
How bout this guy who was too tall to fail? Like a bizarro RW.

I use him as a teaching tool about the dangers of football card collecting...

A picture of that "famous" 2 sport athlete - Mark McGuire, right !!??
(oh sh!t, it's just his NO-STAR brother, Dan........boy, that worked out well for us !! :pukeface: )

Kryten

Reaction score
HansGruber":5x9hdefz said:
Bobby Boucher, Jr.

When I was in HS they actually encouraged us to put dihydrogen monoxide and sometimes hydrogen hydroxide in our bodies. They had bins of sodium chloride (in red pill form) for us to take if we dared. I took all three at different times, but am still alive.

Reaction score
I like a lot of names mentioned.
Trying to name a couple names that I did not see......

(I don't know 'bout "under-the-radar".....but)

1) John Kasey - K
2) Ricky Watters - RB
3) Chad Brown - LB

:snack:

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
JGreen79":c3jrfjn1 said:
Agree with most none of this is a testament to fandom... but I'll say Reggie Tongue. We also traded for Largent, and then traded away the pick that led to Tony Dorsett. Have actually had a history of pretty good RB's Warner-Warren-Watters-Alexander-Lynch. I was born in '86 became a fan in '92. I guess i'm a bandwagoner...

I remember Tongue. I remember seeing the high school he went to in Fairbanks when I was stationed up there. Thought that was cool for some reason.

liftingaddict

Reaction score
Going to have to go with Brian Blades and more recently Robbie Tobeck and Mack Strong.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Haven't looked through the thread but KR Charlie Rogers comes to mind. Man at the the time I thought he was going to be the next Desmond Howard.