Test to see who is a lifetime Hawks fan vs. a bandwagoner

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
BlueTalons":v4ifpw51 said:
Has no one mentioned Mack Strong yet?!?!

This is a great one. I remember him in his rookie year, in a preseason game. Largent was part of the broadcast and immediately loved Mack.

He said "I really like this Mack Strong kid. With a name like Strong he deserves to make the team"

Mack made it through Flores, Erickson and Holmgren. Never got cut.

razor150

Reaction score
This guy fits the bill, Bobby Joe Edmunds. He was a great returner. I always had a soft spot in my heart for Eric Lane, though he was only a back up.

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
Used to love Seneca Wallace. Don't know why

Also (dont know if mention):
Patrick Kerney
Shawn Springs
Robbie Tobeck
Lofa Tatupu (my all time favorite LB)

Renohawk

Reaction score
Ok, i'm going to show my loyalty and didn't read all the submits to find out if this was noted. Mine "would have been" Tony Dorsett, had the Hawks not traded their first pick second overall in the 1977 draft and end up taking Steve August.

In the weeks prior to the 1977 draft, Tony Dorsett’s agent let the Seattle Seahawks know that Dorsett had no interest in playing in Seattle. Seattle began to shop is number two overall pick around, and the team that became the principal focus of the trade was the Dallas Cowboys. According to a Sports Illustrated article: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers held the number one overall pick and took Ricky Bell. With the number two pick, Dallas got Dorsett. Seattle picked up nobody of significance with four Cowboys picks obtained for the number two pick overall.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Paul Skanski. I could watch his catch to beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead over and over and over again.

tdigitee

Reaction score
AgentDib":2frlpnrv said:
Length of fandom and depth of fandom are not the same thing. Personally, I would rather talk Hawks with a "new" fan who knows what position KJ Wright plays than a "lifetime" fan who does not.

Right on. The title of this thread is brutal, and unfortunately does a real disservice to recent or younger fans. I have enjoyed seeing a lot of names I'd forgotten (Eddie Goines, wow), and I'll add a few more for fun:

John Randle!
Chartric Darby
DeShone Myles - thought he was gonna be the answer at MLB
TJ Duckett
Anton Palepoi (go Ruskell!)
Antonio Edwards - I really only remember his highlight from when they scored 21 in the 4th quarter against the Broncos to come back (1996? starring my boy Friesz). Blackmon I think hit Elway from the blind side on a blitz, Edwards scooped it up, and it took him like a minute 15 to run 80+ yards to the end zone

And...how have we not already mentioned...

KAZ! (from Haaaaa-vaaaahhhhhddd)

Isaiah-Kacyvenski.jpg

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Vetamur":cosunmye said:
John Yarno. For some reason, as an 6 year old, I was intrigued that the center's last name started with a "Y" and the QBs name started with a "Z".. it seemed fitting.. y->z. I cant really explain how my brain worked as an 6 year old..

I once peed in a urinal next to Yarno at the Corner Club in Moscow. I'm 5'5" tall. Did I feel inadequate next to him? Nah, just amazed that in my drunken stupor I was peeing next to a former Seahawk. This was in the Fall of 1980.

Happy

Reaction score
BlueTalons":dfpnihdx said:
I'm not sure why we even care if someone is a "bandwagon" fan. Shouldn't we just say "Welcome aboard!"?

Precisely.

I have to say when I first saw this topic pop up I thought it was destined to go to the bad place by page 4 at best. I'm stoked to see all the awesomeness and great attitudes inside. This thread is actually pretty epic.

Well done 12s.

-s