Test to see who is a lifetime Hawks fan vs. a bandwagoner

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2vd8azpe said:
This thread is more about how old you are it seems.
Soon to be 65.

My sig says it all.

Been waiting for a long time to have a true franchise QB.

We're so blessed to have Russell, Pete and John in charge of our team.

hawker84

Reaction score
If already posted my apologies, wasn't about to read through 14 pages.

The original Curt Warner, my favorite Hwks running back to date, Lynch is quickly winning me over however...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I didn't move to Seattle until 2005. I guess that makes me a bandwagoner. Shame on me for making Seattle my home from an island with no NFL team.

It's okay, this bandwagoner can proudly say he's got season tickets, that his 2nd and 3rd ever time to throw a football, was to Golden Tate and Russell Wilson.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":3ftrntjg said:
Mike Curtis acquired in the 76 expansion draft from the Colts, I went to one of the first Hawk preseason games against the Bears at Joe Albi stadium in Spokane, what was the score? I don't know I discovered Orange Vodka that day... :lol:

I was there!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
loafoftatupu":2nu8dy82 said:
Smelly McUgly":2nu8dy82 said:
John L. Williams was great on Tecmo Super Bowl. As was Brian Blades.

But man, were they hard to win the Super Bowl with on that game. Only teams as bad were the Colts and Patriots.

You had to be the Niners to Rice, Bears to Payton on the dump off or Raiders with Bo Jackson.

Lol... the Giants McConkey.. Morris.

Or you could play as the Lions and run Barry Sanders, or play as the Eagles and use that naked bootleg play to run Randall Cu--um, I mean "QB #7." Rice, Payton, Jackson, Sanders, Eagles QB #7. Those were the elite video game players of our time.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1t9ha6pm said:
Phillip Daniels is definitely a good one ... and since no one else has mentioned it (that I've seen) thus far, I'll go to his companion on the other side and go with Michael McCrary. Outside of this current unit, that front 4 (for a couple of years) was arguably the best defensive line in Seahawks history -- and virtually no one else who's not a Seahawks fan either knows or remembers.

Nope. The best d-line in Seahawks history was Jeff Bryant, Joe Nash, Jacob Green. McCrary didn't really break out until he went to Baltimore.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Bandwagoner is a loose term imo. It's not the time you've put in that grants you the right to be a true fan. My only prerequisite is that you feel it. Win or lose. That's it.

Some of us have been fans longer and have thus built a long term relationship with this team. With that comes a certain amount of possessiveness when it comes to Johnny come lately kind of attention.

I welcome anyone who is a fan. If I see you in public with our attire, a hand shake is in order. I'm in Tennessee so it usually ends up with a hug.

It's a great time to be a 12. Let's enjoy this.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3l2yu4yx said:
Smelly McUgly":3l2yu4yx said:
John L. Williams was great on Tecmo Super Bowl. As was Brian Blades.

But man, were they hard to win the Super Bowl with on that game. Only teams as bad were the Colts and Patriots.

You had to be the Niners to Rice, Bears to Payton on the dump off or Raiders with Bo Jackson.

Lol... the Giants McConkey.. Morris.

Flea-flicker ftw. It almost always seemed to work, more so with the good teams, but it was my bread and butter play, lol.

grizbob

Reaction score
Hell, we're all bandwagoners, the die hards don't get off in the lean years. Been on it for 36 years and will be until I die.

OP
OP
cberg

cberg

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3kuvdbdl said:
cberg":3kuvdbdl said:
Sarlacc83":3kuvdbdl said:
I think cberg is compensating for only joining the 'Hawks ranks during the PC era and has gone through the wiki.

Also, DJ Hackett.

Sarlacc83- Child please. While I have a deep love for the PC era I grew up on Ground Chuck. I have fond memories of Jimmy Teal making one of the best catches I have ever seen in a scab game and Steve Largent blowing up James Harden after he prison raped Brian Blades into the endzone against the Donkeys. I lost my innocence by investing my love and belief in guys like Rick Mirer and Dan McGuire and Mike Holmgren as a GM. I played as Jim Zorn in the neighborhood pick up games and bought the Boz autobiography. I remember watching in horror as my team trotted out the likes of Gale Gilbert, Kelly Stouffer, and Stan Gelbough. I remember Cortez Kennedy switching his number in honor of Jerome Brown. I remember Michael Bates meeting the kick returner at the 5 yard line just as he caught the kick.

While this is all well and good, it doesn't surprise me you don't get the thrust of my comment which is: So what? Bandwagoners can eventually turn into die-hard fans if arrogant old people don't act high and mighty because they didn't always have it so good.

I think that you are misunderstanding my intent on this thread. It was not meant to call anyone on this site a bandwagoner, it was to show how much of a fan we all are. I obviously did not do a good job of stating my topic. It doesn't matter to me whether you have been a fan your whole life or just in the last couple of years. Fans are fans. I was merely stating that everyone here is and have enjoyed the names people are pulling out of the hat. From Norm Johnson to Bobby Engram. From Joe Nash to Clipboard Jesus. I have enjoyed this, I did not mean to insult anyone, I consider everyone in this forum a true fan.

253hawk

Reaction score
suppaball":34zuv55h said:
paul scanzi (sp)

(Skansi)

The only reason I remember that dude is because he caught the game-winning TD with no time left against the Chiefs in KC where Derrick Thomas had 7 sacks on Krieg and almost had #8 on that last play. Arrowhead went from a full roar to a public library in about 1 second.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
253hawk":1dunv68n said:
suppaball":1dunv68n said:
paul scanzi (sp)

(Skansi)

The only reason I remember that dude is because he caught the game-winning TD with no time left against the Chiefs in KC where Derrick Thomas had 7 sacks on Krieg and almost had #8 on that last play. Arrowhead went from a full roar to a public library in about 1 second.

one of my favorite Hawk moments (that and the '84 playoff game in Miami, hosting Denver in the wild card game in the Kingdome).

sure went real lean for a decade or so after that (you know the names... Mirer....). a couple Joey Galloway moments, then Hasselbeck, Seahawks Stadium and now we're the best in the NFL...

nothing wrong with older fans (i'm 40... i guess thats old) reliving some history for newer fans. we all start somewhere.

Latest posts