Test to see who is a lifetime Hawks fan vs. a bandwagoner

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Wasn't Glenn Foley our QB for the playoff game at Miami which was the first playoff game that I honestly remembered as a fan? I started somewhat watching sports as a six-year-old, but I started really closely paying attention in about '90 or '91 as an eight-year-old kid.

Bloodrunsblue

Reaction score
I threw up in my mouth a little when I went 9 pages without seeing the name MACK STRONG!!

and just for fun...Jack Patera

and not so fun...Nate Odomes

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Willie Willams. He was a whipping boy some years but the guys did make big playa and played bigger than his size. I also think darrell Jackson was extremely underrated

tdigitee

Reaction score
Wow, some great memories - LOVED Moyer, Comeaux, and "Mighty Mouse" Willie Williams who was an interception monster in Madden 97...loaf also gets credit for Jeff Chadwick who he brought up in a different thread...solid

A few more:

Eric Lane (he could do it all)
David Hughes
Alonzo Mitz
Philip Daniels
Ruben Rodriguez
Kelvin Martin "K-Mart" from the Cowboys
And did no one mention Rick "Rootin" Tuten yet?

Bill the Beerman!

Also if anyone owns a VHS/Betamax copy of "The Blue Wave is on a roll" they are safe bets as lifetime...

tdigitee

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1jnaon2o said:
Darrell Jackson had a bad case of alligator arms. Actually, between he and Bobby Engram, they would drop passes at the worst and most frustrating times.

Koren was also in that cast of characters - the Three Amigos - always enjoyed them doing the "sprinkler" dance after a TD. D-Jack was good for "the Squirrel" also.

EDIT: they were the Three Stooges right? Three Amigos was Elway's "-sons"

tdigitee

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1q7g3z7u said:
Wasn't Glenn Foley our QB for the playoff game at Miami which was the first playoff game that I honestly remembered as a fan? I started somewhat watching sports as a six-year-old, but I started really closely paying attention in about '90 or '91 as an eight-year-old kid.

Close - Foley was the backup that year and Kitna was the starter. Kitna probably *wished* Foley was in there after Trace Armstrong sacked him 55 times that game.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
tdigitee":247i4j4q said:
Smelly McUgly":247i4j4q said:

Close - Foley was the backup that year and Kitna was the starter. Kitna probably *wished* Foley was in there after Trace Armstrong sacked him 55 times that game.

For some reason, I remembered it as Kitna having left town the year before.

Geez, I think I just blacked out most of the '90s. I remember that playoff game against Miami (and the Jags straight up destroying the Dolphins the next week in Dan Marino's final game) and getting excited when Chris Warren, Joey Galloway, and our front four would drag us to 7-9.

drrew

Reaction score
Most of these named already, but some of my favorite players growing up:

Bobby Joe Edmonds, I'm not sure he ever had a single play from scrimmage, but he was electric as a PR
Brian Blades, 2nd best Hawks WR ever
Derrick Fenner - had the one monster year where he had 15 or so TD's
Chris Warren - had the one monster year where he went for 1600 yards
John L Williams - I really like Mack Strong, but John L was far and away the best FB ever to play for this franchise

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1qizgj5i said:
#80 Jerry Rice. They retired his number and everything, yet for some reasons he's still most thought of as a 49er.

I enjoyed Rice's time with us just marginally more than Behrings, JSea. Rice, much like Sark, swept through town doing little more than disrupting our culture.

There was a time I had great respect for Jerry Rice, But since the un-retirement of Largent's #80, he is one of my least favorite players, or men, of all time. Classless and an A-hole.

The team also has to be chastised for that inconsiderate act. They never should have left the decision to Largent. That put Steve in a very bad way and as a man, he could only agree to Rice's *%#ed up request. That Seahawk org didn't treat another of our all time greats, Kenny Easley, very well, either.

Sooooooo happy with our ownership / FO today. You know they wouldn't have stood for such crap. Sorry you brought Rice's name into this? ; )

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Mike Curtis acquired in the 76 expansion draft from the Colts, I went to one of the first Hawk preseason games against the Bears at Joe Albi stadium in Spokane, what was the score? I don't know I discovered Orange Vodka that day... :lol:

HawkWow

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":20zsomv3 said:
Ken "Shut the club down" Hamlin?

What irked me about the Hamlin deal is after we cut ties, he played some pretty damn good ball with the Cowboys. He gets clubbed, misses an important stretch of games, ultimately gets released, then kicks ass for the enemy. For those unfamiliar with "the Hammer", he was n absolute stud when at his best. A cross between Kam and Earl wouldn't be a bad description.

kearly

Reaction score
I've always had a special place in my heart for players with potential who happened to be deadbeats. My first love was Derrick Fenner, then it was Chris Warren, then Anthony Simmons, and last but not least, Jerramy Stevens. Of the bunch, only Warren reached his peak ability, while simultaneously being the least deadbeat of the group. Which probably isn't a coincidence.

Also, I might have been the only one in his fanclub, but I thought having Jerry Rice on the 2004 Seahawks was bad ass. I could care less about the jersey number thing.