Terry McCauley is the ref

davidonmi

Reaction score
mrblitz":vp6bud3g said:
did he ref a game last week? if so, how did the game get called?
can't ref WC games if you're reffing DIV games,

Erebus

Reaction score
I have no problem with a ref being a fan of a team playing, as long as there's complete transparency about it. I think this will cause him to call the game as fair as possible, knowing there will be lots of public backlash if he favors the Saints and helps them win.

WHODAT44

Reaction score
Trust me fellas, no one wants to mail a bigger pile of poo to Goodell than me, but I think we'll both be fine this weekend. At least it's not Triplett, that guy needs to retire. As long as the officiating is consistent on both sides, thats all we can ask, I don't think there will be any favoritism. If anything, I think Goodell is still a little butthurt over the bounty deal and would try and hose us first. I think you'll be fine.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
We'll see how many penalties he calls. To me it's not the number of calls, it's WHEN they call them. Hope both teams get a fair shake.

The Outfield

Reaction score
DavidSeven":z7eus0dr said:
He grew up a Saints fan:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/20 ... aulay.html

McAulay, 49, saw his first NFL game at Tulane Stadium and was a loyal New Orleans Saints fan growing up in Hammond in the 1960s and '70s, 'even through all those difficult years.'

FWIW, he did referee a NFC championship game in 2007 that the Saints lost to the Bears.

The Bears blew away the Saints though, so it's not like it was a close match-up that could have been influenced by a biased call here or there.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
The Seahawks won't cover. Him being a loyal Saints fan I just don't see him allowing a blowout.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
The Outfield":2rmbsbxt said:
DavidSeven":2rmbsbxt said:
He grew up a Saints fan:

McAulay, 49, saw his first NFL game at Tulane Stadium and was a loyal New Orleans Saints fan growing up in Hammond in the 1960s and '70s, 'even through all those difficult years.'

FWIW, he did referee a NFC championship game in 2007 that the Saints lost to the Bears.

The Bears blew away the Saints though, so it's not like it was a close match-up that could have been influenced by a biased call here or there.

Do you think a loyal Saints fan will allow 2 blowouts of the Saints in a playoff game that he called? I just don't see us covering the spread at all.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
"McAulay relishes the privilege of working last year's championship, as well Super Bowl XXXIX in 2005, between the San Francisco 49ers and the San Diego Chargers."

???? So the Eagles and Patriots actually didn't play in that game? :?

cover-2

Reaction score
Well, the one thing we can count on is that Big Breno will try to instigate opposing players to take a swing at him.

Here is a good photo of Breno giving Rams LB Alec Ogletree a little something extra at the end of a play. Ogletree responded with a push or swing at Breno and a flag was thrown on Ogletree. :th2thumbs:
tempcst_BF9R1007--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

dopeboy206

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2dk0j74p said:
"McAulay relishes the privilege of working last year's championship, as well Super Bowl XXXIX in 2005, between the San Francisco 49ers and the San Diego Chargers."

???? So the Eagles and Patriots actually didn't play in that game? :?

What you mean? The 49ers and Chargers didn't play the SB in 2005.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah everyone is being absurd about the favoritism angle.

McAulay isn't among the most incompetent refs in the league. That's all we need to worry about. Granted that he can have a bad game, like literally every referee can, but this assignment isn't cause for concern at all.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":127l89mj said:
The Outfield":127l89mj said:
DavidSeven":127l89mj said:
He grew up a Saints fan:

Do you think a loyal Saints fan will allow 2 blowouts of the Saints in a playoff game that he called? I just don't see us covering the spread at all.

According to Saints fans, he hates them. I guess maybe not so loyal.

Maybe all the conspiracy theorists should just sit the next few games out.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":kc9lf90x said:
Yeah everyone is being absurd about the favoritism angle.

McAulay isn't among the most incompetent refs in the league. That's all we need to worry about. Granted that he can have a bad game, like literally every referee can, but this assignment isn't cause for concern at all.

No, not the most incompetent, we'll just forget all about "bottlegate"

[youtube]DQjaPVwmnAM[/youtube]

CANHawk

Reaction score
You guys's paranoia is reaching an all time high. We'll be fine. Just play our game and keep it out of the zebra's hands...

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I think there will be very few flags, which of course benefits our aggressive play. It's play off time. It's NATURALLY more aggressive and refs are even more "under the glass" to allow a fair but safe game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Considering how harsh the fans are on the Seahawks, why should a ref be any different on his team? I bet McCauley is constantly throwing flags on the Saints just because he's pissed they screwed the pooch. AGAIN.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":159cd9hp said:
Considering how harsh the fans are on the Seahawks, why should a ref be any different on his team? I bet McCauley is constantly throwing flags on the Saints just because he's pissed they screwed the pooch. AGAIN.

Huh? Come again?