Ref "I'm talking to America here"

Hawknight

Reaction score
I didn't get to see the game today but I'm seeing the clip where the Ref says to Geno "I'm talking to America right here".

Can someone provide a recap of what happened? Why Geno was so pissed?

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Because the refs threw a flag on an intentional grounding call that should have been picked up. Carroll was irate as well. The call was bogus. I actually haven't seen Pete that pissed off in a while.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Because the refs threw a flag on an intentional grounding call that should have been picked up. Carroll was irate as well. The call was bogus. I actually haven't seen Pete that pissed off in a while.
and to add geno was trying to plead his case with the ref, and bascially the ref toild to kick rocks with that comment

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lockett and Geno weren't on the same page, so Geno threw it on what he assuming was an out and up. Lockett only ran the out.

The ref inexplicably called intentional grounding. Geno was rightfully upset, and the pretentious ref assumed everyone was tuning in to watch him rather than the paid athletes.

People will laugh, and yeah I suppose it was funny, but it was a bad call compounded by the arrogance of the official.

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
Lockett and Geno weren't on the same page, so Geno threw it on what he assuming was an out and up. Lockett only ran the out.

The ref inexplicably called intentional grounding. Geno was rightfully upset, and the pretentious ref assumed everyone was tuning in to watch him rather than the paid athletes.

People will laugh, and yeah I suppose it was funny, but it was a bad call compounded by the arrogance of the official.

The clip I saw was funny but I had no clue what had happened...thanks for the heads up all!!

Donn2390

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to Stafford on the Rams, the receiver stopped short and Matt overthrew him by a bunch and got the flag. Matt wasn't too happy either. Maybe something new they have started calling??

sutz

Reaction score
The call and the situation sucked. The comment by the ref was kind of hilarious, though.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Terrible call. How does it get called intentional grounding when the QB is under no duress at all.
Hope it gets addressed & clarified by the league this week.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to Stafford on the Rams, the receiver stopped short and Matt overthrew him by a bunch and got the flag. Matt wasn't too happy either. Maybe something new they have started calling??
If that’s the case it needs to stop. Grounding is specifically to stop qbs from throwing the ball away to avoid a sack and that shouldn’t change.

Latest posts