TE Ed Dickson Signed - 3 Years Worth (up to) $14M

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Dickson is no Miller and some of us really preferred to get someone who could run block above average. Maybe there just isn't any. Not everything is good or bad or black and white. I don't hate the signing but I still don't think we have improved at all in regards to the run game.

Hopefully he can block better than Graham.

kf3339

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":yr27v86k said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/975970009557106688[/tweet]

Saw this as well. Funny how some were freaking out about the contract without knowing the actual details. Seems like a very fair contract to me for both sides.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
kf3339":23ainu26 said:
KitsapGuy":23ainu26 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/975970009557106688[/tweet]

Saw this as well. Funny how some were freaking out about the contract without knowing the actual details. Seems like a very fair contract to me for both sides.

Less than a $1.9 million cap hit this year with only $3.6 million guaranteed.

Certainly an upgrade over Luke Willson as a pass blocker, route runner, and pass catcher.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, his blocking ability alone will be an upgrade. I liked Luke a lot, but just because we like the guy, doesn't mean that he's not replaceable.

toffee

Reaction score
A-Dog":2471kl40 said:
kidhawk":2471kl40 said:
Jville posted the tweet with these stats, but I thought I'd put the full image in here for people to see. Although he had fewer targets and ran fewer routes (which makes sense with Greg Olsen being the main pass catching TE before his injury), Dickson has very comparable numbers to both Graham and ASJ with a lower salary and better Pass protection than either of them.

DYbHVBBVwAAtQBL

Also, I wouldn't make much of the drop rate. Dickson had two drops for the year. If he catches one of those, his drop rate is the best on this list. Small sample size and also "drops" are subjective.

Dickson seems like a nice blue collar, serviceable TE that gets the job done.

No big fancy plays, opposing defense wouldn't double team him, but hey, he gets the job done for us. I don't have high hopes and big expectations that our new OC can transform Dickson into an all pro TE, but Dickson is a willing blocker, can't say that about Graham, and seems to be quite sure handed. I am good with that.