Tate vs Baldwin

Ozzy

Reaction score
Most experts around the league say tate will cost more money to retain. I love both players but from a business standpoint I think retaining Baldwin makes more sense. He averages 15 yards per catch out of the slot and Clayton has argued for months that he is one of the top 3 slot receivers in the league and not sure I disagree with him. I hope we keep both but Baldwin should be cheaper and is slightly more valuable in my opinion.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Tough call. One is more explosive and the other is more clutch.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
hoxrox":gofksu8k said:
Tough call. One is more explosive and the other is more clutch.

It all pretty much boils down to what the market will be for Tate. I don't think teams view him as a #1 wide receiver, but I wouldn't rule out someone over paying him to be their #2. Especially with his punt returning ability. Baldwin I'm pretty sure we tender him and wait and see what happens.

General Manager

Reaction score
If we could only keep one I'd have to say Baldwin. He's been awfully good down the stretch, and with the emergence of Kearse and a healthy Harvin it's more important to sign Bennett than Tate, he looks like a cap casualty.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Keep em both if possible. They're 2 of the most reliable receivers we've seen in Seahawks blue since the late 80's.

cacksman

Reaction score
I'm honestly worried that we will slap the 2nd round tag on Baldwin and he will get signed for an offer sheet outside our range.

At this point, I would rather have Baldwin than a 2nd rounder and this is something I haven't heard anyone talk about. People are assuming Baldwin will be back because he is restricted but that's not really the case. I hope we can just sign him to a long term contract paying him $3 a year or so.

MrCarey

Reaction score
I'd like to keep both for a reasonable price, but I think both would do VERY well in a pass happy offense. The Patriots would probably love either one of these guys.

cacksman

Reaction score
MrCarey":227i8qc3 said:
I'd like to keep both for a reasonable price, but I think both would do VERY well in a pass happy offense. The Patriots would probably love either one of these guys.

Without looking at each team's cap situation, the Patriots are one of the teams I'm worried that could steal Baldwin. I'd rather have Baldwin than a late 2nd rounder, and I think the Pats should probably agree.

Latest posts