Sweezy will play, Okung and Unger out per 97.3 FM Seattle

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm at a bit of a loss as to why anyone is worried about Okung being out. Have we all been watching the same games? Dude has seemed like a liability to me more often than not, and that's without the presnap, inexcusable penalties.

Bailey is better at this point.

We're used to doing work without Unger.

Business as usual come Sunday.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2k3x86pl said:
I am so tired of okung and Unger being out all the time. What good is having good players if they never play.

I would rather have a couple of average guys out there who are durable rather than do the yo yo with these two.

We need to move on.

add in okung having a stupid penalty per game and hell, if bailey gets beat once or twice more but does not have any penalties=== even stephen. hasn't unger been out our entire winning streak??? #notworried

Bprez3

Reaction score
A couple years back Okung being injured would be more worrisome. I for one will not miss his mental gaffes this Sunday

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Our November 23 match up had an offensive line of Okung-Bailey-Lewis-Sweezy-Britt. (Carp and Unger were inactive). Now for this game we are looking at Bailey-Carp-Lemuel -Sweezy-Britt. Lemuel is a noticeable upgrade over Lewis at Center and with Okungs play this season I would say its almost a wash between Okung and Bailey at left tackle. I think this is still a decent oline but its tough to remember that the November 23rd oline gave up all those sacks too. Will be fun to watch

Seafan

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1euqysj4 said:
I am so tired of okung and Unger being out all the time. What good is having good players if they never play.

I would rather have a couple of average guys out there who are durable rather than do the yo yo with these two.

We need to move on.

Your wish is coming true. Sunday we'll have a couple average guys out there. Hope you are happy. :th2thumbs:

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":7wru6wge said:
This shifts things considerably IMO. I'm not nearly as optimistic now. OL is a weakness to begin with. They are going to exploit this all game long. < sarcasm > I'm sure Bevell will counter with some great schemes to neutralize < /sarcasm>
LOL you Crack me up brother

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RCATES":3fpdcvjr said:
Am I the only one who witnessed a much improved offensive line play in the second half of last weeks game against the Niners? Thats the exact o- line Seattle will be playing with Sunday night.

You're not the only one. However, The dominant narrative at .net is that our offensive line is awful and the situation is hopeless. I have been pointing out how the offensive line play has really improved over the course of the year Scottemojo did a nice breakdown of last week's pressures which demonstrated that not all of the problems were the fault of the offensive line.

It's almost a heretical viewpoint around here, but I believe the offensive line play is currently somewhere around 12th place in the league in pass pro and top 5 in run blocking. It is one of the areas of the offense that actually does a good job of adjusting to our opponents game plan, as evidenced by last week's second half.

We have some decent depth that can step up.

I am more worried about the loss of Okung then you might expect, given my overall happiness with the line. Bailey looked good last week, but the Cards have a week to study and prepare for him so his task will be harder. We will really miss Unger's leadership this game, although physically LJP is probably his equal.

That being said, my confidence in this team at this point is so high that after the Niners game, I bought tickets to Seattle for the weekend of Jan 17th.

-bsd

Largent80

Reaction score
The good news is Bailey got game time last week and a full week with the #1's vs. our defense in practice.

I'm good with it. For me , having Sweezy in there is a biggie, for continuity.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man this revolving door at critical O line positions is getting old. This is bad timing for Okung and Unger to be out, next weeks opponents D line is nastier than this weeks. Hope RW and Lynch hold up for the playoff run.

endzorn

Reaction score
Maybe it was easy to resign Avril and Wright because the team is about to vacate Unger's salary?