Super excited to see the 2 best young MLBs in the NFL sunday

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wagner vs Kuechly is going to be very fun to watch this week. These guys are clearly the two best young middle linebackers in the NFL right now in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how they both have progressed into their second seasons. I saw 1 Panthers preseason game against the Ravens, and Kuechly was absolutely dominant. It was ridiculous. I fully expect Wagner to put on a show as well.

.com has a pretty interesting take on both guys:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 19ad843404

These guys will likely spend many years ahead vying for the distinction of being the best MLB in the NFL. Gotta love it

Decimation

Reaction score
Kuechly is a beast, no doubt. But love me some BWagz, steal in the second round.

mretrade

Reaction score
lol. No offense but Wagner isn't even the best young middle linebacker in his division. Not even the 2nd.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
mretrade":12h2lf15 said:
lol. No offense but Wagner isn't even the best young middle linebacker in his division. Not even the 2nd.

You trolling yet another thread? What positive contribution is the post you just made going to make to this thread? Go away if you don't like our opinions.

mretrade

Reaction score
I just don't think you can compare the impact of Kuechly to Wagner. Kuechly has monster potential. I thought he would bust coming out but it was more of a gut feeling than really anything I had seen on him. He is a monster.

And btw. Just because I don't agree with you or if I point out a massive homer statement, does not mean I am trolling. Go away if you don't like my opinion.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
mretrade":3hnh7gw1 said:

Crawl back to the NFL forum, alrighty? Thanks.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2tzmoqvl said:
Wagner vs Kuechly is going to be very fun to watch this week. These guys are clearly the two best young middle linebackers in the NFL right now in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how they both have progressed into their second seasons. I saw 1 Panthers preseason game against the Ravens, and Kuechly was absolutely dominant. It was ridiculous. I fully expect Wagner to put on a show as well.

.com has a pretty interesting take on both guys:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 19ad843404

These guys will likely spend many years ahead vying for the distinction of being the best MLB in the NFL. Gotta love it

I'm excited to see Kuechly play actually, haven't seen much of him.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
mretrade":q9eisno3 said:

I wouldn't call either Laurinaitis or Patrick Willis young anymore. No clue who Arizona's middle linebacker is.

mretrade

Reaction score
Willis is 28 so that is debatable. All pro middle linebacker NoVarro Bowman is 25 :)

kearly

Reaction score
Willis is better than Wagner, though the OP did say "young" which meant he wasn't including all ILBs. Who would be the 2nd best ILB in the division if not for Wagner? Laurinaitis? Washington? Bowman? Wagner is better than those three, especially when you factor his precocious coverage skills. I really like Bowman, he's one of the best downhill LBs in the league. Wagner is as good in coverage as Bowman is in run defense, and can attack downhill very well himself. I'd take Wagner over Bowman, and that's no slight on Bowman who I think is top 10 in the NFL.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
mretrade":1umpkqwj said:
Willis is 28 so that is debatable. All pro middle linebacker NoVarro Bowman is 25 :)

ILB does not equal MLB. Or are you confused about the difference between a 4-3 and 3-4?

mretrade

Reaction score
Bowman is better than Wagner. He is an all pro, so I am not the only one who thinks that. Bowman actually outplayed Willis last season. Bowman is pretty good in coverage and made the drive stopping play to advance the 49ers to superbowl last season.

mretrade

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":sk0tpvuf said:
Troll successfully hijacked this thread. Congratulations.

I wasn't trying to hijack. Go back to the original topic.

kearly

Reaction score
mretrade":38lwejxy said:
Bowman is better than Wagner. He is an all pro, so I am not the only one who thinks that. Bowman actually outplayed Willis last season. Bowman is pretty good in coverage and made the drive stopping play to advance the 49ers to superbowl last season.

There are a ton of pro-bowl / all-pro worthy LBs in the NFL though, it's really just a question of reputation or perception. I've watched both closely, and I think Wagner is the more complete, more talented of the two. It is a bit apples to oranges but I do think Wagner/Willis/Bowman are all pretty close.

the ditch

Reaction score
Steve2222":206y1d2c said:
Wagner > Kuechley

I'm not saying Wagner is the best middle linebacker in the game but I will argue that he is better than Kuechly, I posted this in the other thread.

The Ditch":206y1d2c said:
Wagner played more snaps than Kuechly, had more quarterback sacks than Kuechly, more quarterback hits, more solo tackles, a lower completion percentage against him in his coverage zone, fewer receptions against him in his coverage zone, a lower passer rating against him, more interceptions, and more credited run stops than Kuechly.

He came what, second in voting for defensive rookie of the year? I think that his great play was glossed over because we had Russell break out and also Sherman was getting a lot of attention. Imo he deserved the defensive rookie of the year award.

Axx

Reaction score
Sorry op but i dont think allen bradford will get too much playtime

Latest posts