summation of game and season/quelling of Pete Haters

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
justafan":27ojvi2n said:
quadsas":27ojvi2n said:
justafan":27ojvi2n said:
So Wilson is totally blameless? WR were perfect? The Oline was awesome? Wilson is better when he scrambles but I dont want him playing like that for 19 games. I blame the players and injuries more than I blame the coaches.

Without Wilson we would be around 2-14

We need him to be better in the first half. Same with the defense.

We need the game plan to be better in the first half period. Thats not on Russ.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":12o8a2in said:
The fact that you cant see how he wastes entire halfs of football games is troubling?

So Malik Turner's and Jacob Hollister's drops had nothing to do with it.

There's multiple factors at play. Trying to narrow down the one you think is most fixable doesn't necessarily lead to the one that's most responsible.

John63

Reaction score
niveky":r7ca3ho7 said:
hawk45":r7ca3ho7 said:
I don’t understand if injuries were the limiting factor how come the same roster played actual football in the second half. It’s a mystery.

nice to parse my post to what you wanted to with it. Wilson played out of his mind the second half and the guys that showed up all year made plays. Others were either out or the ones not consistently doing so. Wilson bought the bright spots in the offense(Lockett and DK) time to get a play to them in the second half.

What point are you trying to make? It sounds like the game plan changed in the 2nd half, which it did. The problem is they once again waited to long

justafan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2k72dbrl said:
justafan":2k72dbrl said:
quadsas":2k72dbrl said:
justafan":2k72dbrl said:
So Wilson is totally blameless? WR were perfect? The Oline was awesome? Wilson is better when he scrambles but I dont want him playing like that for 19 games. I blame the players and injuries more than I blame the coaches.

Russ made his mistakes. Its the players job to go out and make plays. Today we had to rely on him more than ever. He was lights out in the second half.

John63

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2cpnue95 said:
My problem without team is that we are good enough to compete, and be competitive, but not bad enough where we can get impact players from the draft, ala 49ers. I fear we will be in this situation for a long time.

Utilizing this system yes, we change systems we could win it now.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
niveky":3fgy2utw said:
pittpnthrs":3fgy2utw said:
The fact that you cant see how he wastes entire halfs of football games is troubling?

never said that but didn't really feel like that was necessarily on him this game. sometimes the team just doesn't do what they need to do. he can't make them execute.
Rumor has it that there are 11 other players on the field trying to stop you from executing.

Nobody cares about your beliefs

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":x2gvardn said:
pittpnthrs":x2gvardn said:

There's multiple factors at play. Trying to narrow down the one you think is most fixable doesn't necessarily lead to the one that's most responsible.

In the end the system is the biggest problem.

John63

Reaction score
justafan":2a2icw64 said:
pittpnthrs":2a2icw64 said:
justafan":2a2icw64 said:
quadsas":2a2icw64 said:

Russ made his mistakes. Its the players job to go out and make plays. Today we had to rely on him more than ever. He was lights out in the second half.

It's the coaches job to put the players in the best system to win PC refuses to so it till the 2nd half

Threedee

Reaction score
First half coaching was incompetent and unacceptable. Consider Pete's previous quotes about how hard it is to win in the NFL. He shouldn't be trying to make a difficult job into an impossible one.

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3k76ted8 said:
niveky":3k76ted8 said:
pittpnthrs":3k76ted8 said:

never said that but didn't really feel like that was necessarily on him this game. sometimes the team just doesn't do what they need to do. he can't make them execute.
Rumor has it that there are 11 other players on the field trying to stop you from executing.

Also @NFS: to be more specific, I'm an atheist with agnostic leanings.

Rumor has it it's your HC job to put you in a system that works best yet we always wait.till the 2nd half to do it.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
John63":1atelrj7 said:
niveky":1atelrj7 said:
pittpnthrs":1atelrj7 said:

pc just said the game plan in the first half was bad, we ran it 3 straight times on one drive. If you look at the first half almost every play had the play clock almost out when we hiked it. In the 2nd half that changes a lot. If this was just this game I might by the bot PC, but when it is every game, when PC preaches you cant win in the 1st, 2and or 3rd, when PC says we use the first half to feel the other team out, when PC preaches he wants to run first, when PC preaches he wants a close game and win in the end it's on PC

It's "snapped". When is the last time you heard anyone involved in football say he hiked it? Have you ever heard anyone say after a false start, "he moved before the HIKE"? NO. Hike went the way of the dinosaur 60 years ago

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
justafan":1g53iq66 said:
quadsas":1g53iq66 said:
justafan":1g53iq66 said:

the problem is(and it's kind of one of those the coach is the coach and the qb is the qb things) Wilson is going to be a company man for Carroll and do as much as he can for what Pete wants in how the team operates. What I feel happens is that Wilson really commits to not making mistakes in the first half(I mean all game he does but really until the game unfolds he keeps his gambles more under wraps) He stays as much within Pete's mold as he can and only takes what he can and doesn't take unnecessary risks. Depending on how the game goes I think with Pete understanding the type of player he is the game is basically laid at Wilson's feet more or less depending on the situation going into the second half. Wilson is Wilson but he also doesn't consistently have the support from the rest of his offense to pair with what he can do.

cymatica

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":6g9l930i said:
pittpnthrs":6g9l930i said:

So the enture 1st half ineptitude is the result of a few drops? Lol. I see teams have drops all the time and still drive it down the field. The gameplan coming out the gates is slow and conservative, it forces the players to execute perfectly and allows the opposing defense to play loose and fast.

I really don't understand how anyone can't see how our coaches repeatedly don't play to our strengths. The 2nd half was all Wilson willing the team to victory, then he gets robbed with a questionable 3rd down playcall and decision to punt it to Aaron freakin Rodgers

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":z5nbqd21 said:
John63":z5nbqd21 said:
niveky":z5nbqd21 said:
pittpnthrs":z5nbqd21 said:

pc just said the game plan in the first half was bad, we ran it 3 straight times on one drive. If you look at the first half almost every play had the play clock almost out when we hiked it. In the 2nd half that changes a lot. If this was just this game I might by the bot PC, but when it is every game, when PC preaches you cant win in the 1st, 2and or 3rd, when PC says we use the first half to feel the other team out, when PC preaches he wants to run first, when PC preaches he wants a close game and win in the end it's on PC

It's "snapped". When is the last time you heard anyone involved in football say he hiked it? Have you ever heard anyone say after a false start, "he moved before the HIKE"? NO. Hike went the way of the dinosaur 60 years ago

So your complaining that I sued a word that means the same as snapped, and is in the dictionary but you dont like it. Sounds like your problem.

mikeak

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2acz3a39 said:
pittpnthrs":2acz3a39 said:
This to me is my only real problem with him

Add on bad decision making in regards to clock management and it is kind of a big deal

getnasty

Reaction score
On the season we average slightly more points in the second half then we do in the first half. If you take into account always deferring the kickoff we might actually be more of an efficient first half team.

mikeak

Reaction score
John63":fkjyadh1 said:
niveky":fkjyadh1 said:
pittpnthrs":fkjyadh1 said:

I am kind of tired of the "we screwed up narrative"

Not one Seahawks fans was surprised by the first half gameplan. We have seen the same picture so many times

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The slow starts all season finally caught up with them. Either Pete and co need to make some transition to fix this or else it's more of the same.

John63

Reaction score
cymatica":lkwyx6jj said:
MontanaHawk05":lkwyx6jj said:
pittpnthrs":lkwyx6jj said:

So the enture 1st half ineptitude is the result of a few drops? Lol. I see teams have drops all the time and still drive it down the field. The gameplan coming out the gates is slow and conservative, it forces the players to execute perfectly and allows the opposing defense to play loose and fast.

I really don't understand how anyone can't see how our coaches repeatedly don't play to our strengths. The 2nd half was all Wilson willing the team to victory, then he gets robbed with a questionable 3rd down playcall and decision to punt it to Aaron freakin Rodgers

Exactly and that style of play allows for little room for error, so a drop, a bad call, a penalty messes it all up. Meanwhile, the style we use int he 2nd half gives us more room for error and most importantly always allows us to move the ball.

One of the biggest difference in the 1st half and 2nd is tempo. We move more uptempo and even change tempos in the 2nd while in the 1st half it's the same wait till the last second to get the play in and then wait till almost no time to snap it. The other is in the 2nd half more of the offense is in Wilson hands, in the 1st half and PC has said it they are feeling out the defense, In the 2nd they hand it off to Wilson and allow tempo changes and Wilson does what he does best, wins.

The game plans are totally different in the 1st and 2nd. One is play not to loose and do what PC wants, the other play to win and do what Wilson does best.

Remember when PC first go there he said he wants to run and throw long. Well he was lucky and got Wilson who is the best deep ball thrower in the league and is mobile to offset the fact that PC does not put a premium in pass blocking. That system can work with a GREAT defense, that can hold the opponent till the 4th when we can run at will. However, we don't have a great defense. The system that works best now is an uptempo (changing Tempo), quick passing attack with layered routes as well. However, that is not what PC wants and there for will not do it unless he has to. Example today, 2nd half. The problem is by waiting to long we leave little room for error, like a drop, a missed assignment, a bad call, a penalty etc.

So we have 2 choices

1. wait till PC can create another HOF defense and hope our QB is still in his prime, or we can get another franchise QB
2 Change the system to fit what we have.

Its really a no brainer , except for PC it appears.

John63

Reaction score
mikeak":2bxiubu2 said:
John63":2bxiubu2 said:
niveky":2bxiubu2 said:
pittpnthrs":2bxiubu2 said:

I am kind of tired of the "we screwed up narrative"

Not one Seahawks fans was surprised by the first half gameplan. We have seen the same picture so many times

And you will continue to see it until either PC changes, or removes himself from the Offense or leaves.