summation of game and season/quelling of Pete Haters

niveky

Reaction score
I see the Pete haters are already coming out in full force. I really don't see anything in this game that is on him. The only real problem I had is that they should have mixed in more Homer splitting more carries with Lynch and mixed up runs where they weren't just going up the middle like last week. But what do I know is they still came back and almost had an opportunity to get the ball back and win the game. Pete didn't make Turner drop that pass. Pete didn't make Amadi play piss poor coverage on that route the first 3rd down on the Packers last drive. Pete didn't let Graham get wide open and get an easy first down to ice the game.

I really didn't notice any questionable decision making in this game from him at all. Maybe a lot of you don't like his game planning and style but what magic rabbit are you going to pull out of your hat that would give the Seahawks the sustained success they have had over the past decade or that would come in and keep that success going. I mean, who really thought they were going to get as far as they did with the defense as it is now and yet they almost made it to the NFC Championship game. About the only thing looking back is that I wish they would have attacked the weakness at safety at the beginning of the year and tried to get Diggs earlier. I feel like maybe that might have helped the seedings a bit but I don't know that there was much else they could do to get farther than they did with everything on the roster churn due to injuries they have had to do.

It is one thing to have great depth, which I feel they had this year, but at some point depth can only do so much. there is the stigma of not blaming injuries but when your team is 1st or 2nd for the year with players who have missed games to injuries and you make it two games from the superbowl, that is no small feat. None of the other teams in the top 5 for injuries causing players to miss games made the playoffs at all, much less won a play off game. I feel like Pete and the coaching staff did as much as they could given the situation. I do feel like a lot of others do that Norton should be gone, but I agree with a lot of the sentiment here that we probably won't get that ball to roll our way.

In summation, I had a blast rolling through week after week with this team this year, even if it was a lot of nail biting and nerves run amuck. Even though the defense had some bright flashes I don't think anyone ever thought they were going to turn a corner and become magically dominant. They were what they were most of the year even though Diggs did help steady the ship some. Russell did what he does most of the year but at some point he does need others to step up. DK was outstanding as a rookie but he did disappear at times, Lockett had some issues that caused him to become invisible at a crucial part of the season. The slew of injuries the last couple of weeks of the season, especially, would have been a folding point for a lot of teams and yet the Seahawks limped out of the regular season and still made a bit of noise in the playoffs. I won't say I am happy they lost but I can swallow that loss a lot better having seen how the season played out and where they came from to get to this game. I am very excited for next year while simultaneously very depressed because the offseason is so long and boring and drives me out of my mind waiting for more Seahawks football.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The fact that you cant see how he wastes entire halfs of football games is troubling?

hawkfannj

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2h0g16b4 said:
The fact that you cant see how he wastes entire halfs of football games is troubling?
This to me is my only real problem with him

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You don't know what you're talking about if you don't see that our super-conservative first half of offense is a trademark of Pete Carroll and solely on him.

Enjoy the rose-colored glasses if you want, but I can't delude myself to that extent, personally.

John63

Reaction score
niveky":1abgjai7 said:
I see the Pete haters are already coming out in full force. I really don't see anything in this game that is on him. The only real problem I had is that they should have mixed in more Homer splitting more carries with Lynch and mixed up runs where they weren't just going up the middle like last week. But what do I know is they still came back and almost had an opportunity to get the ball back and win the game. Pete didn't make Turner drop that pass. Pete didn't make Amadi play piss poor coverage on that route the first 3rd down on the Packers last drive. Pete didn't let Graham get wide open and get an easy first down to ice the game.

I really didn't notice any questionable decision making in this game from him at all. Maybe a lot of you don't like his game planning and style but what magic rabbit are you going to pull out of your hat that would give the Seahawks the sustained success they have had over the past decade or that would come in and keep that success going. I mean, who really thought they were going to get as far as they did with the defense as it is now and yet they almost made it to the NFC Championship game. About the only thing looking back is that I wish they would have attacked the weakness at safety at the beginning of the year and tried to get Diggs earlier. I feel like maybe that might have helped the seedings a bit but I don't know that there was much else they could do to get farther than they did with everything on the roster churn due to injuries they have had to do.

It is one thing to have great depth, which I feel they had this year, but at some point depth can only do so much. there is the stigma of not blaming injuries but when your team is 1st or 2nd for the year with players who have missed games to injuries and you make it two games from the superbowl, that is no small feat. None of the other teams in the top 5 for injuries causing players to miss games made the playoffs at all, much less won a play off game. I feel like Pete and the coaching staff did as much as they could given the situation. I do feel like a lot of others do that Norton should be gone, but I agree with a lot of the sentiment here that we probably won't get that ball to roll our way.

In summation, I had a blast rolling through week after week with this team this year, even if it was a lot of nail biting and nerves run amuck. Even though the defense had some bright flashes I don't think anyone ever thought they were going to turn a corner and become magically dominant. They were what they were most of the year even though Diggs did help steady the ship some. Russell did what he does most of the year but at some point he does need others to step up. DK was outstanding as a rookie but he did disappear at times, Lockett had some issues that caused him to become invisible at a crucial part of the season. The slew of injuries the last couple of weeks of the season, especially, would have been a folding point for a lot of teams and yet the Seahawks limped out of the regular season and still made a bit of noise in the playoffs. I won't say I am happy they lost but I can swallow that loss a lot better having seen how the season played out and where they came from to get to this game. I am very excited for next year while simultaneously very depressed because the offseason is so long and boring and drives me out of my mind waiting for more Seahawks football.

If you don't understand how wasting a half of football is a problem than wow.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don’t understand if injuries were the limiting factor how come the same roster played actual football in the second half. It’s a mystery.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19r8f07z said:
You don't know what you're talking about if you don't see that our super-conservative first half of offense is a trademark of Pete Carroll and solely on him.

Enjoy the rose-colored glasses if you want, but I can't delude myself to that extent, personally.

Thats ok

seabowl

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3m5oevrl said:
pittpnthrs":3m5oevrl said:
This to me is my only real problem with him

:34853_doh:

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3v6ld8nf said:

never said that but didn't really feel like that was necessarily on him this game. sometimes the team just doesn't do what they need to do. he can't make them execute.

cymatica

Reaction score
Questionable in game decisions. I don't want Pete gone or hate him, but he needs to trust his best player to play the game and stop playing with fear. Playing conservative, with one of the best qbs, is playing fearfully. You don't try and keep running up the gut with an injured oline, top 3 rbs out, undersized center, 4th string tight end, and mvp caliber qb. Play up tempo and aggressive to counter your weakness

justafan

Reaction score
So Wilson is totally blameless? WR were perfect? The Oline was awesome? Wilson is better when he scrambles but I dont want him playing like that for 19 games. I blame the players and injuries more than I blame the coaches.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
niveky":2ndov2ht said:
pittpnthrs":2ndov2ht said:

never said that but didn't really feel like that was necessarily on him this game. sometimes the team just doesn't do what they need to do. he can't make them execute.

Lol. Seriously? Its not only this game, its a constant with Pete.

John63

Reaction score
hawk45":3szetuyt said:
I don’t understand if injuries were the limiting factor how come the same roster played actual football in the second half. It’s a mystery.

Because it was not, what limited us is game plan.

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
hawk45":3fua50f5 said:

nice to parse my post to what you wanted to with it. Wilson played out of his mind the second half and the guys that showed up all year made plays. Others were either out or the ones not consistently doing so. Wilson bought the bright spots in the offense(Lockett and DK) time to get a play to them in the second half.

quadsas

Reaction score
justafan":3my3ub3p said:
So Wilson is totally blameless? WR were perfect? The Oline was awesome? Wilson is better when he scrambles but I dont want him playing like that for 19 games. I blame the players and injuries more than I blame the coaches.

Without Wilson we would be around 2-14

justafan

Reaction score
quadsas":1k1xo1kb said:
justafan":1k1xo1kb said:

Without Wilson we would be around 2-14

We need him to be better in the first half. Same with the defense.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
OP just walked into a pride of lions draped in fresh meat.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
My problem without team is that we are good enough to compete, and be competitive, but not bad enough where we can get impact players from the draft, ala 49ers. I fear we will be in this situation for a long time.

John63

Reaction score
niveky":2rgqubuh said:
pittpnthrs":2rgqubuh said:

pc just said the game plan in the first half was bad, we ran it 3 straight times on one drive. If you look at the first half almost every play had the play clock almost out when we hiked it. In the 2nd half that changes a lot. If this was just this game I might by the bot PC, but when it is every game, when PC preaches you cant win in the 1st, 2and or 3rd, when PC says we use the first half to feel the other team out, when PC preaches he wants to run first, when PC preaches he wants a close game and win in the end it's on PC