Stupid irrelevant question

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Why did Dave Matthews raise the 12th man flag? What’s the Hawks/Seattle connection?
Is he even a Hawks fan?

getnasty

Reaction score
I know a ton of people probably loved this pick but for me it ranks well behind Chris Pratt, Uninspiring.

seahawksny

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I think he's overrated but if he lives in Seattle? Nice of them to give him that respect

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maybe it's because of his work in Chicago?

15 years ago today, a Dave Matthews Band tour bus dumped human waste on a tour boat in the Chicago River.

Witnesses said they had just begun the Chicago Architecture Foundation's 1 p.m. tour when they passed under the bridge and a cascade of a "brownish-yellow" substance rained on them. About two-thirds of the passengers seated on the upper deck of Chicago's Little Lady were soaked. Passengers said they looked up to see at least one, possibly two charter buses rumbling above.

A volunteer tour guide at the boat's helm reassured passengers that they had been splashed with water. But the foul smell prompted suspicion.

There was "stunned silence initially. Then sort of this horrible realization as they began to smell themselves as to what happened," said Steedman Bass, 35, of Boston, who was a passenger on the boat but was not sprayed. "It was horrific."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

The bus driver for rock star Dave Matthews called from the road Monday to say his luxury coach was not the one responsible for dousing passengers on a Chicago River tour boat with foul-smelling muck over the weekend.

Witnesses on the architectural sightseeing cruise told police they saw a long black tour bus dump liquid waste Sunday afternoon as their boat crossed under the Kinzie Street bridge.

One witness gave Chicago police an Oregon license plate number that belongs to the 2003 Monaco Royale Coach driven by Jerry Fitzpatrick, who has been Matthews' tour bus driver for three years.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi ... story.html

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":2i6572ky said:
Sports Hernia":2i6572ky said:
Why did Dave Matthews raise the 12th man flag? What’s the Hawks/Seattle connection?
Is he even a Hawks fan?
Apparently, he lives in Seattle, according to Wikipedia.
OK that makes some sense.

Osprey

Reaction score
The band is also up for nomination to the R&R Hall of Fame so probably some agent / PR manipulation in the background.

sutz

Reaction score
Osprey":a9um8k06 said:
The band is also up for nomination to the R&R Hall of Fame so probably some agent / PR manipulation in the background.
Oh no! Say it isn't so!

:sarcasm_off:

:laugh:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":syk1noo9 said:
Sports Hernia":syk1noo9 said:
Is he even a Hawks fan?

For like 20 years or more

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3dewgw40 said:
Maulbert":3dewgw40 said:
Sports Hernia":3dewgw40 said:
Is he even a Hawks fan?

Yeah I have seen him, or heard about him, around for a while now. He was going to go partners in a restaurant/club in the old Eagles bldg (Snohomish) several yrs ago but it never happened. I think that harmonica player from Blues Traveler was going in on it too, he lives somewhere around Monroe.

xray

Reaction score
sutz":3kn9xvm2 said:
Osprey":3kn9xvm2 said:
Oh no! Say it isn't so!

:sarcasm_off:

:laugh:
Ya think :?:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2qbd9g2f said:
Uncle Si":2qbd9g2f said:
Maulbert":2qbd9g2f said:
Sports Hernia":2qbd9g2f said:
Is he even a Hawks fan?

Yeah I have seen him, or heard about him, around for a while now. He was going to go partners in a restaurant/club in the old Eagles bldg (Snohomish) several yrs ago but it never happened. I think that harmonica player from Blues Traveler was going in on it too, he lives somewhere around Monroe.
His name is John Popper

HansGruber

Reaction score
ivotuk":e3pism69 said:
Maybe it's because of his work in Chicago?

15 years ago today, a Dave Matthews Band tour bus dumped human waste on a tour boat in the Chicago River.

Witnesses said they had just begun the Chicago Architecture Foundation's 1 p.m. tour when they passed under the bridge and a cascade of a "brownish-yellow" substance rained on them. About two-thirds of the passengers seated on the upper deck of Chicago's Little Lady were soaked. Passengers said they looked up to see at least one, possibly two charter buses rumbling above.

A volunteer tour guide at the boat's helm reassured passengers that they had been splashed with water. But the foul smell prompted suspicion.

There was "stunned silence initially. Then sort of this horrible realization as they began to smell themselves as to what happened," said Steedman Bass, 35, of Boston, who was a passenger on the boat but was not sprayed. "It was horrific."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

The bus driver for rock star Dave Matthews called from the road Monday to say his luxury coach was not the one responsible for dousing passengers on a Chicago River tour boat with foul-smelling muck over the weekend.

Witnesses on the architectural sightseeing cruise told police they saw a long black tour bus dump liquid waste Sunday afternoon as their boat crossed under the Kinzie Street bridge.

One witness gave Chicago police an Oregon license plate number that belongs to the 2003 Monaco Royale Coach driven by Jerry Fitzpatrick, who has been Matthews' tour bus driver for three years.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi ... story.html

I just gained a whole new respect for Dave Matthews. I used to think his turd gurgling was the worst thing to ever happen to music, but apparently his turds accomplished at least one wonderfully horrific act of greatness. And all those people on the tour got to gurgle his turds for free!!

He's a selfless hero, that Dave Matthews!!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Need this guy to raise the 12th man flag. Huge Hawks fan and he grew up in Seattle.
A7CD4AFE 58F0 41A4 BE6B 29BD5DF11D57 zpsub352sud

Basis4day

Reaction score
People on this board didn’t know Dave Matthews lived in Seattle? He had a tiny bungalow in Wallingford since like 2000. I’m getting old.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":abhj9nio said:
Need this guy to raise the 12th man flag. Huge Hawks fan and he grew up in Seattle.
A7CD4AFE 58F0 41A4 BE6B 29BD5DF11D57 zpsub352sud

Jeffrey Dean Morgan? He already did.
[youtube]LT87NUl9McY[/youtube]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://jambands.com/news/2019/12/03/watch-dave-matthews-talk-seattle-seahawks-and-raise-the-12-flag-on-monday-night-football/[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts