Stickum on Reggie Wayne's glove

SteelCityColt

Reaction score
Okly dokly a couple of things, I assume the non gloved hand in the gif is the referee taking the ball post play from Reggie? You'd think the Zebra would notice any suspicious substance on the ball..... well ok given how they officiated the game maybe not.

If you had footage of the gif that rolled to the ball being removed from the gloved hand that showed the thread or whatever it is actually adhering to the ball you've got more of a case, the footage as it stands is inconclusive to say the least.

If anyone does send it to the league keep this updated with the response you get.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":jz48i2ot said:
Now I know what the Texans fans were talking about ugh...wish we get to chat with them about football more often.

For what it's worth, I'd like to say that Colts fans are generally pretty nice, and that the few clowns who have descended upon this thread aren't particularly representative of the fanbase.

Frustrated after yesterday's loss, especially knowing the noise that I'd hear afterward since I live here in Indy, I resolved to resist every urge to tell Colts fans how much BS their win was. In fact, I decided that my best line was just to grit my teeth and send texts out to my friends congratulating them on the win. I figured they would react reasonably well to that, and if they didn't, well...I'd feel justified in ramping things up from my end too. They all reacted graciously and actually all but one of them went out of their way to mention how bad the calls were against us when I hadn't said a thing about it. I'm sure I'll take some crap at work today (though I'm here at my desk and I haven't yet), but meh.

Just wanted to say that there are some truly obnoxious fanbases out there, and while there are truly obnoxious individual fans of the Colts (and of every team), the Colt fanbase isn't a bad one to deal with.

djb28

Reaction score
Those gloves are pretty sticky anyway.. I dont know. What I do know is that he Humbled Sherman Big Time!
Many closeup shots Sherman looked confused and beaten. I felt bad.

But now that the defense has come down to earth a little, They can start working harder!

Browncoat

Reaction score
This is tinfoil hattery.

The only way stringing like that would occur from Stickum would be if the ball were covered with it, too. By itself, any kind of spray adhesive is not stringy. It only does that if you apply it to both surfaces.

WAIT! It's a conspiracy! That must mean the ball IS coated with it, which also means the refs were in on it. The no-call PI's are all making sense now. They must get a cut of the Andrew Luck jersey sales.

:bitenails:

aawolf

Reaction score
I would be more prone to believe this if Wayne had attempted to spike the ball in the end-zone and the ball stuck to his hand. That would have been HILLARIOUS--an all-time blooper just like when Sosa broke his bat and cork spilled out. As it is, I don't see enough evidence of stick-em on his hands. All of his catches seemed legit to me.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Dustin":3a1po4hg said:
NFSeahawks628":3a1po4hg said:
So many things had to go your way for you to win.

Yeah that's usually how it goes for any team.

Oh wow, what do we have here? A little renegade?

Please feel free to hang out the rest of the season as the schedule unfolds.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
This is stickum and apparently one needs a lot more than what is proposed in the gif being discussed: http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/p ... -hayes.jpg

I don't see any stickum. Reggie Wayne and T.Y. Hilton owned our DB's in this game. They got us, but Colts fans should be feeling as lucky as they hope that horseshoe is supposed to represent. One would have to turn a blind eye to not admit that the momentum of this game was very much affected by questionable favorable calls that helped the Colts. We've all seen it before (fans of all teams) and we'll see it again. It was a potentially costly loss in a game that could have just as well ended in a different outcome. I hope it doesn't end up costing the Hawks like the games that got away last year (ie: Dolphins, Lions, etc.)

The Colts certainly did enough on both sides of the ball, legally and unquestionably, to hang around and give their team a shot to win - and it went their way.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Dustin":313czw1d said:
:angry017:

All i see.

Well, you obviously haven't read the other 6000 posts where most of the fans just accept the win because they are gonna happen and 4000 that mention the Colts being a good team, that is what you are looking for isn't it? "Respect" Or is it that you know the game was a little questionable yourself and you are just here to make sure you tell Seahawks fans what it is.

It isn't like the Colts took it to the Hawks. In fact, totally the anti-thrashing.

Good for you, the Colts barely squeaked out a home win against a team down 3 OLine guys, 2 TE's with quite possibly the most dangerous offensive player in the NFL shelved until week 8. I'm sure you are proud of yourself.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
Lol thank you to all the seahawk fans who obviously see this isn't stickum Im sure the only reason that one guy is saying all of this is because Reggie is such a class act and would be the LAST person on our team to do anything illegal. And anyone saying otherwise is just mad for other reasons it was a good game and there were calls that went both ways. I'd be very happy to see you guys in the SuperBowl cause it would be a great game

Laloosh

Reaction score
Why wasn't this thread locked? The tin foil hat picture sums it up perfectly. Should have ended this thread.

I'm all for discussion but this "evidence" is hanging by a thread, so to speak.

jdblack

Reaction score
Pathetic thread. Can someone lock it?

Also, thanks for the mini-necro coltsfan1405. :p

hawker84

Reaction score
Do they still make stickum, and if so what would it be used for these day's? If anyone was using stickum it was Hilton, that catch over the middle behind him was ridiculous....

No Conspiracy here, Colts recievers had a heck of a day against our db's.. Good on them, now onto Tennessee...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lester Haynes would be proud.

Lester-Hayes-stickum.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawker84":1s3fg2vd said:
lester hays was the man...

I loved watching Hayes and Largent go at it out when I was kid. Epic battles.

Goldrush

Reaction score
LMAO!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow, seriously.

Get over it, move on.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Rocket":30h7u6js said:
The photo will be deemed "inconclusive"...

It will be put in the same vault as the Zapruder film, not to be touched for another 30 years. :327321_Spy_23.22:

Latest posts