Steeler forums and the officiating.

hannibalking

Reaction score
Such are fanbases with thinking everyone is out to get them. Sometimes its probably slightly true though (like trying to get Jerome Bettis his ring against the Hawks) just not in this case though. There was one thing that made me laugh though. I forgot what teams it was but I looked at both peoples forums and they were both convinced the announcers were rooting for the other team.

davidonmi

Reaction score
sherman should have been called for illegal contact on the int, that's it.

The PF was borderline, wilson was going straight out of bounds, not even at an angle and was a step from the sideline. By the letter of the law probably not a foul, but using judgement I thought it was correct

olyfan63

Reaction score
davidonmi":2c3m8w0c said:
sherman should have been called for illegal contact on the int, that's it.

The PF was borderline, wilson was going straight out of bounds, not even at an angle and was a step from the sideline. By the letter of the law probably not a foul, but using judgement I thought it was correct

The one replay they showed, it looked like Brown extended his arms and shoved Sherman and lost his balance when Sherman didn't "give". Good non-call. If someone has a video to link to or post, I'd love to see it again.

The PF for shoving Russ out of bounds... cheap, maybe, but a truly stupid play by the Steeler defender. Russell was going straight out of bounds, even a little backwards. The start of the push was clearly in bounds. The point is it was unnecessary. As others pointed out, Bruce Irvin got flagged for the exact same thing against Philip Rivers last year.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
My friend was soooooooo butt hurt lmaoooooo. Pittsburgh has a sorry fan base. Nothing about the game was unfair.

Rob12

Reaction score
Steelers offensive line was holding on every passing play. Any holding penalties called? Any penalties at all called on them in the first half?

There were bad calls and non calls on both sides. But their tears are delicious.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You can bet that the national narrative will focus on the "bad" calls that went against the Stealers and "prevented them from winning."

Specifically the Sherman interception, the late hit on Wilson, and the bobbled non-catch by Wheaton.

Thankfully, it will be overshadowed by the QB shootout, but the officiating will be a big part of the narrative.

-bsd

AB84

Reaction score
First of all, I find it hilarious you guys cannot simply celebrate a victory while giving credit to the opposing team. You immediately run to the enemy fan forums to "spy" and read what they are saying so you can laugh about it and criticize? If you're going to checkout an opponents forum, how about register and talk shop, or even talk shit, but be a real man about it. You guys sound like a group of 8 year old boys spying on a girls sleepover. Now, to the game:

Great game overall. Great energy, entertaining play, and what, 7 or 8 lead changes? Yes there were some non-calls that didn't go our way in the second half, but again, as I have said over and over, officiating is part of the game! It's imperfect by nature as it's completely subjective, hence why Mike Carey can disagree with another ref over the same play.

Who cares? Ben threw 2 picks, our secondary made RW look like a top 5 QB, and you guys gained the momentum in the second half and never lost it. That's why we lost, not because of some call or non call by the refs. That's how football games work, it comes down to execution, that's why you lose a game. Too bad most of you guys still can't take a page out of that book w/XL :roll:

Ultimately this was just the type of game we expected, fast paced, physical, and high flying. It would be absolutely awesome to see a rematch of Superbowl XL in the next year or two. That game yesterday felt like a SB caliber game, and it would be an awesome story line as well.

And please, for the sake of all football fans, can you stop generalizing a fan base by a few posts you read from some asshole in his basement? Every fan base has assholes, dipshits, people that know nothing about football yet talk mad shit. Don't pretend your fans are any different. Peace :)

Good luck on the rest of the season :177692:

Steve2222

Reaction score
hannibalking":1d1y5ymi said:
Such are fanbases with thinking everyone is out to get them. Sometimes its probably slightly true though (like trying to get Jerome Bettis his ring against the Hawks) just not in this case though. There was one thing that made me laugh though. I forgot what teams it was but I looked at both peoples forums and they were both convinced the announcers were rooting for the other team.

It seems like every fan thinks the commentators are rooting for the other team and I never see it. Just like the Cowboys game this year with Aikman on the call. He seemed very bipartisan to me. But then again I'm a rational fan who doesn't think the NFL has some secret agenda to make sure Seattle is never good.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
AB84":iu6negkx said:
First of all, I find it hilarious you guys cannot simply celebrate a victory while giving credit to the opposing team. You immediately run to the enemy fan forums to "spy" and read what they are saying so you can laugh about it and criticize? If you're going to checkout an opponents forum, how about register and talk shop, or even talk shit, but be a real man about it. You guys sound like a group of 8 year old boys spying on a girls sleepover. Now, to the game:

Great game overall. Great energy, entertaining play, and what, 7 or 8 lead changes? Yes there were some non-calls that didn't go our way in the second half, but again, as I have said over and over, officiating is part of the game! It's imperfect by nature as it's completely subjective, hence why Mike Carey can disagree with another ref over the same play.

Who cares? Ben threw 2 picks, our secondary made RW look like a top 5 QB, and you guys gained the momentum in the second half and never lost it. That's why we lost, not because of some call or non call by the refs. That's how football games work, it comes down to execution, that's why you lose a game. Too bad most of you guys still can't take a page out of that book w/XL :roll:

Ultimately this was just the type of game we expected, fast paced, physical, and high flying. It would be absolutely awesome to see a rematch of Superbowl XL in the next year or two. That game yesterday felt like a SB caliber game, and it would be an awesome story line as well.

And please, for the sake of all football fans, can you stop generalizing a fan base by a few posts you read from some asshole in his basement? Every fan base has assholes, dipshits, people that know nothing about football yet talk mad shit. Don't pretend your fans are any different. Peace :)

That's funny, your post had undertones of asshole and dipsh*t, and lost all credibility with the reference to XL, but nice try. :thirishdrinkers:

I hope you get to see plenty of Russ in the coming years.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AB84":je5wse7k said:

References Mike Carey as an authority, immediately sounds like Charlie Brown's parents.

Mike Carey disagreed because he was wrong. And was graded out as one of the worst refs for years. How he got a job with CBS I have no idea, it certainly wasn't his illustrious career.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AB84":1zd81xsz said:

Bitter, party of one! Stop, just stop!
Don't tell folks how or what to post.
Your fanbase has more than earned its reputation, and you prove this threads main point.

camdawg

Reaction score
AB84":2kzxly3c said:

You want us to come to your boards and flame?

You deserve an Iron City Light. Chug!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
AB84":ecmx8vz8 said:

And please, for the sake of all football fans, can you stop generalizing a fan base by a few posts you read from some asshole in his basement? Every fan base has assholes, dipshits, people that know nothing about football yet talk mad shit. Don't pretend your fans are any different.

First Our secondary made Ben look like a top 5 QB. Russ already is. Second ALL fan bases bitch about penalties after a lose. That is just the way it is. In this case we had a Super Bowl heavily swayed by bad calls. Much different than a regular season game. Plus the calls in the Bowl were MUCH more egregious. This game had many non calls go your way in first half and second half balanced things out. Non of which were that over the top bad.

We have a special place in our football hell for Pittsburg so hearing about bad calls feels hypocritical. Even IF (which it was not) it was badly biased towards the Hawks it in NO WAY makes up for the Super Bowl.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3b7ic8ah said:
Probably a bad call, however Russ had pulled up and was a step from the sideline.

The veracity of the hit, in the specific situation is what drew the flag.

Agreed. While it wasn't gratuitous, it was completely unnecessary and close enough to make the refs use judgment. Wilson is a smaller QB that is easy to send flying with a momentum-based shove like that, especially since he is always going to run out instead of bracing for a hit to get that extra yard or two.

It wasn't bad, but don't put yourself in that position to give the refs a reason in the first place.

And here's Sherman 'interfering' with Brown (watch his feet): http://gfycat.com/HeftyConsciousJapanesebeetle

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2r1dq0nq said:
I second this.

It's amazing how they have no problems with the crapshow that was XL* since they benefited from the bad calls, but when a couple may have gone against them "they wuz robbed"..... After XL* the stealer hilljacks have ZERO room to complain about officiating for the rest of their lives. As they were saying after XL*, "Good teams can overcome bad officiating!"...... well, that gate swings both ways right? And for the record Seattle was penalized 2 more times today than Pissburg and for more yardage. This game wasn't in the same universe as XL*

The hypocritical and generally not very intelligent stealer fanbase makes the Cowboys, Cheatriots, and Niners fanbases look very slightly less moronic as a whole.

You sir get a gold star for your proper usage of the asterisk when associated with "That Game".

Latest posts