Stanford vs Oregon

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":31o0kwi9 said:
SeatownJay":31o0kwi9 said:
ivotuk":31o0kwi9 said:
Mariota can say goodbye to the Heisman.
Yep, after this game nobody east of the Rockies is going to vote for him.

Hopefully Jameis Winston can win it. I do NOT want Manziel to win it again.

I'm jumping on the Bryce Petty bandwagon.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I hope Sarkisian, or whoever will be the Huskies coach next year, is taking notice of this and realizing you need physical lines on both sides of the ball to beat Oregon.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Agreed Seatown, nice to see Stanford blowing holes open with another offensive linemen from the Seattle area that Sark got outrecruited on.

drrew

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3lkipqu0 said:
I hope Sarkisian, or whoever will be the Huskies coach next year, is taking notice of this and realizing you need physical lines on both sides of the ball to beat Oregon.

Did you not notice UW beating Stanford last year and almost beating Stanford this year? They did that without physical lines?

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
drrew":2axn0xyt said:
SeatownJay":2axn0xyt said:

Did you not notice UW beating Stanford last year and almost beating Stanford this year? They did that without physical lines?
Yes, somehow. If you're suggesting UW has a plus line on either side of the ball........... :shock:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
drrew":30knsm3p said:
SeatownJay":30knsm3p said:

Have you noticed all the games the Huskies have been embarrassed in over the last 3 years because they were completely dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I submit this years Arizona State game as evidence.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Silver lining 2: Still have the hottest cheer leaders in the country! (I think some of them lined up on the d'lne for us today).

**rim shot**

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Silver lining 3 don't bother thinking the ducks will ever win against a top 5 team. Always get excited for these "big ducks games" just to watch them do squat. Least people here in Oregon wont cry there not ranked number 2. Hope they drop out of the top 10 they deserve it for how they played.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":329gksyz said:
Silver lining 3 don't bother thinking the ducks will ever win against a top 5 team. Always get excited for these "big ducks games" just to watch them do squat. Least people here in Oregon wont cry there not ranked number 2. Hope they drop out of the top 10 they deserve it for how they played.

Eh, i'd rather be highly ranked and have my hopes crushed like this, then to have no hopes at all.

Its a loss. Got our asses kicked. We'll be back next week, and hopefully get a shot at the Rose Bowl. (will need USC to beat Stanford in Los Angelas next week). Otherwise we'll still probably get an at large bit to one of the other BCS games if we win the rest of our games.

It's still good to be a Ducks fan.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Ducks are finally learning that you take on these guys by going low, learned that a little late.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Well look at that...things just got a little interesting.

kearly

Reaction score
Another silver lining, the Ducks still play in the Pac-12, and not in the SEC. Physical teams like Stanford are a relative dime a dozen over there. Most of Stanford's team was recruited by Harbaugh. In a few years will there be a physical enough team to stop Oregon? I kinda doubt it.

GMs will have to wonder how well Mariota will fare in the more physical NFL. He's a tough QB, but his numbers vs. the blitz and pressure are terrible. Factor in the lack of under-center experience, and it wouldn't be surprising if we hear Blaine Gabbert comparisons. I think Mariota would be wise to return to Oregon next season and improve on his issues, because even an elite prospect with one glaring weakness can be a horrific bust in the NFL.

Latest posts