Stanford vs Oregon

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Stanford is doing anything they want right now. Horrible PI call on Oregon there, Stanford is owning both lines right now.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1om4z2pd said:
This game is playing out exactly as Stanford wants it. Now they're just going to milk the clock. Every first down is another 3 minutes off the clock, frustrating as a Ducks fan and i'm sure as a player.
I sure hope this isn't a knock on Stanford. Pure power football at it's finest.

OrFan

Reaction score
So far this isn't even a game. Oregon is getting bullied like a little nerd.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":17q9e7g7 said:
JSeahawks":17q9e7g7 said:
This game is playing out exactly as Stanford wants it. Now they're just going to milk the clock. Every first down is another 3 minutes off the clock, frustrating as a Ducks fan and i'm sure as a player.
I sure hope this isn't a knock on Stanford. Pure power football at it's finest.

How could that be looked as a knock on Stanford? They're kicking our ass.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Oregon starting to get that tempo up again. Getting yards in chunks, they need to play this game on the outside.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
1st drive missed a long TD. Failed 4th down inside the 5. Now fumble inside the 5. Ducks have cost themselves at least 17 points.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Just as long as he gets rid of that stupid haircut.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Oregon is playing real soft right now. Three guys can't tackle a quarterback? Is this Tommie Frasier vs Florida?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":zxyltmii said:
Oregon is playing real soft right now. Three guys can't tackle a quarterback? Is this Tommie Frasier vs Florida?

Missing Kiko Alonso and Colt Lyerla. Those were are two smash mouth, street fighter guys who brought the nasty.

This is ugly. Stanford's physically whipping them.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Don't know whether to be annoyed at Oregon for pissing away another shot at a national championship or to be annoyed at Stanford for losing at Utah, a place that is admittedly tough to play.

Stanford is the type of team that could bring some physicality and stand up to Alabama.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Game isn't over yet, I"ve seen Oregon explode in a lot of second halfs.

Stanford is playing amazing right now and is really attacking the right side of the Oregon defensive line

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Man, change 2 plays and this is a completely different game.

If Mariota doesn't under throw Huff on the 1st possession and if they don't call a pretty lame pass interference on that interception.

Playing Stanford they slow down the game so much that every play is so magnified. I'm not liking the Ducks chances very much in the 2nd half. If they would have gotten an early lead I honestly think they could blow Stanford out, but with Stanford able to play this style... we have very little chance.

cesame

Reaction score
Ugly 1st half, but it's only 17-0. Oregon can make that up really quick, and they've been able to move the ball on offense. Just a play here or there they haven't executed on and it has cost them.

It starts with getting a stop on defense. That last Stanford FG was the result of not tackling Hogan on 3rd down at the beginning of the drive. Crushing.

Still though, it's only 17pts. Stanford will have to score at least 30 to beat Oregon.