SPECULATION/RUMOR: Michael Bennett seeking trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
"There is no such thing as discount. This is not Costco, this is not Walmart..." Michael Bennett.

So where did all the hometown discount talk come from? If this has a shred of proof to it then I would love to know what or who pissed him off.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1isbyahf said:
"There is no such thing as discount. This is not Costco, this is not Walmart..." Michael Bennett.

So where did all the hometown discount talk come from? If this has a shred of proof to it then I would love to know what or who pissed him off.

Nothing did.

There is nothing, literally, to see here.

Why are people getting so into this and taking it out on Bennett?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Largent80":21fs5tjh said:
Rumor has it that Carson Palmer will be signed in the next hour as well.

BREAKING: The Seahawks have confirmed that they already have a quarterback, and his name is CHARLIE!

Largent80

Reaction score
In other news, Geraldo Rivera said his moustache has entered the presidential race vs. Pmedic's stach.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2q3ey8bu said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2q3ey8bu said:

Nothing did.

There is nothing, literally, to see here.

Why are people getting so into this and taking it out on Bennett?

I agree....it's one thing to discuss the outside possibilities of this having some merit (although it doesn't seem to have any merit), but to start heaving blame or hate on Bennett over a rumor is ridiculous.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":19m4i4vi said:
lukerguy":19m4i4vi said:
How do you all feel about Greg Hardy now?

1) Beats his GF to a pulp.
2) Lawyer's up and pays her off
3) Has no interest from league so make up rumors that he's visiting, and that the Seahawks best defensive lineman wants to play in ATL in an attempt to drum up more interest from the Cowboys.

285.gif

I don't know why that is all that far fetched for you to believe...Let's look at the facts..

1) We know Michael Bennett LOVES Seattle. He's said it multiple times on radio. He did actually take a discount to stay in Seattle, also confirmed.
2) The source on the rumour is a COWBOYS beat writer (Clarence Hill). Why would a Cowboys beat writer be the first one to break a rumor unless the rumor was somehow related to the Cowboys?
3) The Seahawks have denied Bennett requesting a trade. I've never known them to blatantly lie to 12th man.
4) Rosenhaus is the Agent for Bennett and Hardy. Rosenhaus is currently in Dallas, and the Cowboys Beat writer was the one who broke the news..
5) This wouldn't be the first time erroneous reports were made up to better someone's market.

There is no reason not to believe the Seahawks here...Until Bennett, Seahawks, or a reputable source confirmed his "request", I think it's clear Rosenhaus is in the middle of this.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If anyone is leaking false rumors it'd be Rosenhaus, not Hardy. Come on now.

razgriz737

Reaction score
lukerguy isn't crazy. I'm seeing the same idea being posted all over the web now. Rosenhaus is trying to force Dallas's hand here.

Atradees

Reaction score
IF there were a "thread" of truth to this rumor........what does Atlanta have to trade for our supa star DE?

How about there starting center and there first round pick? I love Bennett....but if we could get a high pick and an olineman worth something? That would be a complete irony....we could throw in a new fourth!

Jville

Reaction score
TENSION ..... it sure builds traffic.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/577917416774074368[/tweet]

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Where's the Jimmy Graham twitter police posse? You know, the posters who were butt-hurt by Graham not immediately posting his excitement in coming to Seattle. Why aren't they clamoring for Bennett to get on his twitter account and dispute this rumor?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jeez, people... a guy takes ONE NAP and I wake up to this?! The report out of Texas read like a propaganda piece. Quickly veered into a dive into the Hardy thing after floating some vague rumor about Bennett.

Will wait until someone reputable says something. Or did I miss that as well?

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1cv9y8pu said:

Of course Hardy didn't start the rumor. Rosenhaus started it, but I still don't want Hardy based on his history with domestic violence, and the potentially erroneous rumors started by his representatives.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lukerguy":16agmiws said:
Hasselbeck":16agmiws said:

Of course Hardy didn't start the rumor. Rosenhaus started it, but I still don't want Hardy based on his history with domestic violence, and the potentially erroneous rumors started by his representatives.

Your post somehow accused Hardy of both.. domestic violence (a case that is looking more and more flimsy by the day) and planting a false trade rumor :lol:

I believe the Seahawks are interested, why wouldn't they be? Hardy is a Top 5 DE and if he could be had in the same manner that Avril and Bennett were a few years ago.. you'd be foolish not to at least entertain the idea.

But we're also talking about Drew Rosenhaus, a dude notorious for BS'ng teams into overpaying for his clients. Think it's pretty clear that he's trying to get the Cowboys to bite on committing more money to his client - especially since the DV allegations leave his future much more cloudy than others.

The more I think about it though, the more I believe the Bennett trade rumor is 100% made up by Rosenhaus and leaked to a Cowboys beat writer.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
lukerguy":biv93ipx said:
Hasselbeck":biv93ipx said:

His representative is Bennett's representative...

I'll take Hardy for a song. Dude can ball and is younger than M-Ben. Might be a missing piece in our rotation.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
It would be a small disaster trading Bennett right now.

Wayyyyy to much dead money and would be a massive blow to the D Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts