SPECULATION/RUMOR: Michael Bennett seeking trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Michael Bennett is just one-quarter of the way through a contract he signed with Seattle last year before he even had a chance to sign elsewhere.

He has emerged as a leader on the team, someone who stood up in the locker room after the Seahawks' heartbreaking Super Bowl loss, urging players to stand up for everybody – from one another to the coaches – and to stick together in the wake of the loss.

Those are just two reasons that Tuesday's report out of Dallas that Bennett was seeking a trade to Atlanta was so tough to reconcile...

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2731509/ONei ... snt-add-up

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1he6tjxu said:
kidhawk":1he6tjxu said:
Beer Hawk":1he6tjxu said:
They didn't say it's not true, they said that as of now he hasn't asked for a trade. Doesn't really validate/invalidate the report IMO.

The report is that he's seeking a trade to Atlanta. It's literally impossible to seek a trade to a team without requesting it. I could desire a trade to Atlanta and not request it, but if he wants a trade and is actually seeking that trade, then he must have asked. Since he didn't, the report is wrong.

The question here, is do people just want to believe it so much that they will defend a single twitter user over multiple denials?

Seeking a trade does not equal asking the team. He very well could have made his intentions known to someone close to the source, aka Drew Rosenhaus. There is a very good reason to believe that he isn't making up the fact that he HEARD this information from someone. We have posters who are trying to discredit this guy as a hack that made the whole thing up to get his name out there, which I highly doubt considering his background.

That doesn't mean Bennett has made a formal request. So both reports COULD be true, they are not mutually exclusive.

But if being defensive about it on a message board to people who are just speculating is more your thing, go ahead.

Defensive? Only one person doing any defending here. I'm just pointing out the facts. You may or may not want to believe this guy for whatever reason, but I will explain the difference between seeking and desiring for you...

When you are seeking something, then you are actively going after that something. If it's a trade, the ONLY way to actively seek a trade to another team is by requesting it of your team, as tampering rules prevent going to the other team without prior permission from your team.

when you want something, it can be at any level. He could want to go play in Atlanta and that could be true (although I doubt it), but he can't be actually seeking the trade without talking to the Seahawks. It's against NFL rules, therefor it's highly unlikely that it's true.

Now, if you want to have the guy go back and edit his tweet to say that Bennett wants to be traded to Atlanta, then that would hold some possibilities, but as long as he's not asking the Seahawks to trade him, then he absolutely can't be seeking that trade.

I don't know how much more clear I can be, but if you want to insist on believing the one tweet rumor instead of basing logic and facts, that is your right, just don't expect the rest of us to buy into the fact that Bennett is seeking a trade all the while not asking the Seahawks for a trade, because that is an impossibility

rcaido

Reaction score
I remember last year, it seem like Bennett was the type of player to go for more money...He had the choice to go to the Bears but elected to resign with the Seahawks instead.

He proved me wrong, guy wants to win. He's been voicing about being the best defensive team of all time...I doubt he wants to go to the shitty falcons.

DJrmb

Reaction score
The way Bennett jokes around and says off the wall stuff in interviews I could see him messing with someone saying something like "I'm going to call Quinn up and tell him to bring me over there for some Suh like money". Then people either took him too seriously or repeated it to people that took him too seriously...

Both the Bennett brothers can be pretty sarcastic at times and I could easily see something they were joking about being taken incorrectly.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Interesting Tweet from ADB...

The Pharaoh thought he had Moses trapped. But we learn time and time again that when you're down to nothing God is up to something. #Faith

cdallan

Reaction score
Where's Pehawk when you need him? An aggressive sexual slur would rescue this thread from the Alanis Morisette-level angst it has sunk to right now.

Throwdown

Reaction score
dutchcoug":2dcz094u said:

The Pharaoh thought he had Moses trapped. But we learn time and time again that when you're down to nothing God is up to something. #Faith

Really?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dutchcoug":3ari40mw said:

Sounds like he just watched the new Exodus movie that came out on Blu Ray today. I don't see how this applies to anything in this thread.

MVP53

Reaction score
kidhawk":2yoxx1ry said:
FlyHawksFly":2yoxx1ry said:
kidhawk":2yoxx1ry said:
Beer Hawk":2yoxx1ry said:
They didn't say it's not true, they said that as of now he hasn't asked for a trade. Doesn't really validate/invalidate the report IMO.

The report is that he's seeking a trade to Atlanta. It's literally impossible to seek a trade to a team without requesting it. I could desire a trade to Atlanta and not request it, but if he wants a trade and is actually seeking that trade, then he must have asked. Since he didn't, the report is wrong.

The question here, is do people just want to believe it so much that they will defend a single twitter user over multiple denials?

Seeking a trade does not equal asking the team. He very well could have made his intentions known to someone close to the source, aka Drew Rosenhaus. There is a very good reason to believe that he isn't making up the fact that he HEARD this information from someone. We have posters who are trying to discredit this guy as a hack that made the whole thing up to get his name out there, which I highly doubt considering his background.

That doesn't mean Bennett has made a formal request. So both reports COULD be true, they are not mutually exclusive.

But if being defensive about it on a message board to people who are just speculating is more your thing, go ahead.

Defensive? Only one person doing any defending here. I'm just pointing out the facts. You may or may not want to believe this guy for whatever reason, but I will explain the difference between seeking and desiring for you...

When you are seeking something, then you are actively going after that something. If it's a trade, the ONLY way to actively seek a trade to another team is by requesting it of your team, as tampering rules prevent going to the other team without prior permission from your team.

when you want something, it can be at any level. He could want to go play in Atlanta and that could be true (although I doubt it), but he can't be actually seeking the trade without talking to the Seahawks. It's against NFL rules, therefor it's highly unlikely that it's true.

Now, if you want to have the guy go back and edit his tweet to say that Bennett wants to be traded to Atlanta, then that would hold some possibilities, but as long as he's not asking the Seahawks to trade him, then he absolutely can't be seeking that trade.

I don't know how much more clear I can be, but if you want to insist on believing the one tweet rumor instead of basing logic and facts, that is your right, just don't expect the rest of us to buy into the fact that Bennett is seeking a trade all the while not asking the Seahawks for a trade, because that is an impossibility

Except, we have no idea if he's requested a trade through the Seahawks, and we probably never will, unless they trade him. The Seahawks are never going to publicly divulge that they're trying to trade a player. The fact the Hawks have denied this means, quite literally, nothing.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Throwdown":336qqkfp said:
dutchcoug":336qqkfp said:

Really?

I'm not necessarily saying that he's talking about Bennett, but you must admit that the timing is about right and Bennett's Twitter is Mosesbread72.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dutchcoug":3tfavjhz said:
Throwdown":3tfavjhz said:
dutchcoug":3tfavjhz said:

Really?

I'm not necessarily saying that he's talking about Bennett, but you must admit that the timing is about right and Bennett's Twitter is Mosesbread72.

You are really stretching it on this one.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
HawkFan72":39ok4iwz said:
dutchcoug":39ok4iwz said:
Throwdown":39ok4iwz said:
dutchcoug":39ok4iwz said:

Really?

Probably.

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2glz51s2 said:
kidhawk":2glz51s2 said:
You may or may not want to believe this guy for whatever reason, but I will explain the difference between seeking and desiring for you...

Who said I believe anything this guy said? You are misrepresenting not only the reporter's position but mine as well. Please point out where anyone, anywhere, said they believe this guy? I believe that he isn't making up that someone floated him info. That is it. Whether or not that info is true remains to be seen.

For what it is worth, your posts come off as very aggressive. Just an observation.

Is this the part where I said you believed him or are you just getting defensive again?

As far as aggressive, it's only aggressive to the point where I am attempting to insure you actually are understanding the difference between what I am saying and what you are saying. There is an important distinction you seem to be overlooking when it comes to the word seeking in reference to NFL trades.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I've said it in other threads, but God damn I despise Twitter.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
HawkFan72":12lr9bh2 said:
dutchcoug":12lr9bh2 said:
Throwdown":12lr9bh2 said:
dutchcoug":12lr9bh2 said:

Really?

Bennett does refer to himself as the Black Moses. I can see why this would seem relevant.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3baoza4g said:
HawkFan72":3baoza4g said:
dutchcoug":3baoza4g said:

Bennett does refer to himself as the Black Moses. I can see why this would seem relevant.

But considering the Exodus movie came out on Blu Ray today, I would say there are far more logical explanations for why he tweeted that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2pwj07h3 said:
kidhawk":2pwj07h3 said:
FlyHawksFly":2pwj07h3 said:
kidhawk":2pwj07h3 said:
You may or may not want to believe this guy for whatever reason, but I will explain the difference between seeking and desiring for you...

Who said I believe anything this guy said? You are misrepresenting not only the reporter's position but mine as well. Please point out where anyone, anywhere, said they believe this guy? I believe that he isn't making up that someone floated him info. That is it. Whether or not that info is true remains to be seen.

For what it is worth, your posts come off as very aggressive. Just an observation.

Is this the part where I said you believed him or are you just getting defensive again?

As far as aggressive, it's only aggressive to the point where I am attempting to insure you actually are understanding the difference between what I am saying and what you are saying. There is an important distinction you seem to be overlooking when it comes to the word seeking in reference to NFL trades.

From me making a comment about the belief this guy is completely fabricating it, to you trying to explain the semantics, somewhere the wires got crossed.

Go back and read what I wrote, I think maybe you are misunderstanding the point I am making. Rather than watch you tilt at windmills, I will remove myself from this particular tangent in this thread. Good day.

Maybe we did get something lost in translation. All I'm saying is that it's not literally possible for both things to be true (that he's seeking the trade and that he hasn't asked the Seahawks). It's more than just semantics, it's evidence that perhaps this guy was being used for a higher purpose. I never said the guy lied. I've said he seems to be wrong. The why he is wrong portion is completely up for debate, but there are only two options here.

1) Sources close to (or within) the Seahawks organization have lied to multiple writers about Bennett having asked to be traded

2) The original tweet that started the rumor was fueled by misinformation.

Obviously there is the possibility the guy made it up, but I find that to be ridiculous, because he has no reason to make it up.

Out of the above 2 scenarios, only 1 can hold true. Either the Seahawks (sources) lied or that writer was misinformed.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Largent80":24cl5cp9 said:
He's talking more about Hardy than Bennett.

Also saying Bennett won't respond because it is true.
Because he doesn't have ties to the Hawks or Bennett...its not that hard

Status
Not open for further replies.