(Speculation) Noticing a trend lately...

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
So, I didn't realize it until today actually. Was browsing the latest Eskridge post and it hit me...

I think the FO are grabbing players lately that our division rivals have interest in.

First it was Jamal Adams. We gave up a ransom for a Strong Safety that apparently the Niners had interest in.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/7/27/ ... amal-adams

Quoted from above website:

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler said that the other two teams that were involved were the San Francisco 49ers and the Dallas Cowboys. I heard the Niners made an offer early on, but I’m not sure how significant of an offer that was. I’ve seen a few other people on Twitter said San Francisco offered next year’s first-rounder, plus a few Day 3 picks, which sounds about right.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/jamal ... g-up-steam

Quoted from above website:

The Jets took Adams with the sixth pick of the 2017 draft -- three picks after the 49ers took defensive lineman Solomon Thomas, a bust. Adams has exceeded expectations, and missed only two games during his three-season career. Recently, Adams demanded a trade, and listed the 49ers as one of seven teams he would like to join.

Adams played college football at LSU. Meaning he conceivably could reach out to 49ers outside linebacker Kwon Alexander, who also went to LSU, and ask Alexander to lobby the 49ers to trade for him.

Adams instantly would become the best player in a 49ers secondary that could lose three starters in 2021 -- Richard Sherman, Jaquiski Tartt and K’Waun Williams. All will be free agents.

Then we drafted Dee Eskridge, who supposedly the Rams were interested in...

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/0 ... e-meeting/

Quoted from the above website:

According to The Draft Network’s Justin Melo, the Rams met with Western Michigan wide receiver D’Wayne Eskridge.

Eskridge is perfect for what Sean McVay looks for at wide receiver. The Western Michigan receiver is exactly what the team needs at the position. He brings speed to the outside and is someone who can stretch the field. Eskridge also is able to be a returner and play on special teams.

He also fits the mold of what the Rams look for at wide receiver. Eskridge is a good route-runner with the capability of playing outside or in the slot. He also is someone who can contribute in the run game as a blocker. This fits qualities of what the team currently has in Copper Kupp and Robert Woods.

So with all that being said, are we actively just trying to take players away from Rival teams without fully trying to fit them in our scheme? Adams isn't being utilized correctly, and for right now I don't think Eskridge is either.

Opinions/thoughts?

massari

Reaction score
Too bad the Rams met with Eskridge, and not Kupp.

We could be looking at Kupp and Humphrey instead of Pocic and Eskridge.

Slick

Reaction score
I mean, that's too bad for Dee Eskridge. He would be amazing in the Rams offense.

The Seahawks basic need for a wide receiver is a cheetah with a basket tied to its back to throw the ball into. We don't utilize Eskridge.