Somethings wrong. Not excited for Seahawks football season

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Late to the thread, but I'll chime in with some similar feelings. And for similar reasons, I think too. (Maybe not as much XLIX-inspired as some other folks, though that DID suck brutally.)

The Kam situation really sucks for me. I'm not really mad at him or the team, honestly. They're both acting in what they see as their best interests, right? Hard to fault anybody for that, really. But it's depressing that the system in place allows this situation to even exist in the first place.

Given the way the rest of the defense looks, this team + Kam = potential for historical greatness. This team - Kam = still pretty good but not necessarily special. That's the mood-dampener right there.

But the other thing that I haven't read here yet? It's the damn concussions. And the 18-gajillion sub-concussive blows these dudes absorb year after year after year. I know they're making coin, and nobody forced 'em and blah, blah, blah. Still, part of me doesn't want to see somebody's brain turn to soup in the name of my entertainment.

So I dunno. I'm still in, still checking .net like a maniac, stil listening to sports radio during the 90 minutes of commute time every day. Watched at least a chunk of both pre-season games. (As much as I ever watch.)

But it's definitely different this year. :shrug:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited to see how everything will turn out, I think everything will be ok. My lowest expectation is how we played last year but I have a feeling we will be much better on offense even if there are question marks surrounding the O-line.

I'm excited to see what our front 7 can do now, those guys look hungry for another SB run.
I'm excited to see what our offense can do with Graham and Tyler Lockett

I can't wait to see Beast Mode have another great running season and finally some recognition for potential HOF after he retires.

I don't know about anyone else but I think it's a great time to be a 12s.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
For some strange reason I understand this... Not sure what it is, but this pre-season just isn't getting any juices flowing like any I remember... Nobody looks concerned, or acts concerned, or acts like they really care that much... Just another day in a office meeting because you have to be there, but not really into it... Just "Going through the motions"... Hope it changes and get's a little more serious and intense... Two more pre-season warm up games and then we better "Be Ready For Some Real Football"....

two dog

Reaction score
I think I know how you feel, the end of the SB and the never ending hammering
by the press on contracts. Kam makes my blood pressure go up and then plummet
to the "don't care" level depending on the news. So I get it.

I get it but I don't share the feeling. I was glad to finally see some players running
around on an actual football field. I enjoy the position battles and the little wars
within wars. Like to see the rookies try to show their chops. Training wheels.

When they kick off in Saint Louie, you go with who you brung and that's when the
anxiety spikes for me and all this other junk will be forgotten.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It's a bit of a mixed bag to me. On one hand I see that our roster is even better than 2013, last year's biggest rivals all took way bigger hits than us (NE lost Revis, Browner and Vereen. They are also without Brady for their first four games. GB lost Nelson and Dallas los Murray).

On the other hand that is the biggest issue, we deserved to win SB49 and we look like we are the uncontested favorite for SB50. I'm simply afraid that we will be let down and to be honest anything but winning a Lombardi will be a let down.

Reaction score
All the bandwagon fans are killing it for me, team doesn't have that special small market feel that it always has had. Hearing idiots chanting sea-hawks while on offense infuriates me haha

The fact that our team doesn't have the same juice as other preseasons is worrisome too. Every year they have some training camp motto, haven't heard a peep this season.

We have players voicing displeasure in management and the coaches. Kam, Wilson, and Bennett have kinda said this off-season that Seattle isn't special.

I felt much less anticipation last year as well... the comment about chasing the girl is right on. What have lost our success virginity.

After we lose a game or 2 and have the media talking shit on the hawks I think things will turn around for me though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Too many Ducks are playing for the eagles, plus his coaching love, Chip, is there too, so the OP spends all his time on Philly sports sites. It is sapping his Hawk love.

Normally outing someone should be there choice, but I am here to tell you all now, JSeahawks is an EAGLES fan.

A

Anonymous

Scottemojo":2py1a8fc said:
Too many Ducks are playing for the eagles, plus his coaching love, Chip, is there too, so the OP spends all his time on Philly sports sites. It is sapping his Hawk love.

Normally outing someone should be there choice, but I am here to tell you all now, JSeahawks is an EAGLES fan.

Uh, ohhh... he went there.

:thfight7:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3nfohauh said:
Scottemojo":3nfohauh said:

Uh, ohhh... he went there.

:thfight7:

But does he know he is an Eagles fan? Is it an inner calling that is only on the subconscious level? Is there a cure? Or did he come out of the closet on his own??? Questions that probably do not need to be answered....Like Roseanne Roseanna Danna.......Nevermind. :th2thumbs:

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I think the thing is that we know they will be good, now it is just a level of how good. Where in the past we who get so hopeful that we were maybe good enough to maybe get a playoff berth.

Now I expect to make the playoffs and do damage in them. I am actually very excited for the regular season, this is one of the few years in our history when we look at the roster and think damn we should be good, this is even with our o-line. I just think RW and ML can negate so much sub par O-line play and I think the Defense is going to be nasty this year, Kam or no Kam.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Gone is our age of innocence.

The business side of the NFL has dampened many of our spirits and has created much uncertainty.

It's no wonder that some of us are less than enthusiastic about the start of this season.

A win in SD on Saturday evening would certainly help reverse that trend.

GO HAWKS!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5777tmf6 said:
kearly":5777tmf6 said:
I sort of feel the same way. We've never seen as many dark clouds hanging over a team to start the year, between the OL flux and the injuries and holdouts in the LOB. All made much worse by the fact that arguably the two nastiest games kick off our schedule.

Dark clouds to start the year?

How bout our owner's moving vans taking our team to California?

How bout our starting QB being named Stan Gelbaugh?

I could named MANY more years WAY worse than being the front running team LOADED with talent set to make another SB run with the best FO in football, and finally an elite QB at the helm entering his prime.

Have some perspective people, these are the salad days.........enjoy them.

This was the first thing I thought about when reading Kearly's post. THere's been much worse times.

I know I'm not quite as stoked as last year. Maybe it has to do with the SB for some folks (coming off of a win vs. a loss). I know for me, I've been super busy with work.

I think Largent is onto something though. When we were really bad for a lot of years, I was always a fan and watched every game, but there was literally no enthusiasm about it. I just knew we weren't making the playoffs, and would look for silver linings like younger player development. I theorize it's the same with a team that wins all the time. We're considered a lock to make the playoffs, for the 4th year in a row, so maybe it's one of those things that people don't get excited until we start progressing in the playoffs.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Maybe the best way to describe everything is disappointing.

SB ending - disappointing (to an exponential level)
Offseason Contracts - Disappointing in regards to how long they all took, and all the bad press that came out of them until finally all the big names got signed. Plus the prayer that someone was actually going to take some crazy team friendly deal like you hoped, didn't pan out.
Hold Outs - Disappointing
Player unhappiness - Bruce and Bennett - Disappointing
Preseason Losses and inefficiencies at O-Line, C-Mike, and starting offense - Disappointing.

Outside of locking down Wagner, Wilson, Trading for Graham, and TL looking pretty awesome - The overall offseason/preseason has been disappointing as a whole.

Now if the Offense starts looking like we hope it will look this preseason game, and gets a win, I'm sure it'll go a long way towards jump starting the excitement. Football will take you through an emotional rollercoaster, and I just feel like right now we've been on the flat disappointing boring part for a long, long period of time. Waiting for the exciting part to happen, maybe the build up before the big exciting drop.

brettb3

Reaction score
If you're a Seahawks fan and can't get excited about this team, I think that's a shame. I hope those who feel that way don't look back some day and lament taking these days for granted. As a fan, these are the good times. If you lived through the 90's, you certainly know what I'm talking about.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm still excited about the coming season but couldn't care less about preseason. Maybe it's because i'm still relatively new to the sport. I moved from the UK in 2011 and only started following football seriously in TJacks season as QB.

Other preseasons were intriguing as you had something to look forward too whether it be Wilson vs Flynn, see what Harvin could/couldn't do, waiting to see how they would respond to the Falcons loss, what players would make the team in key positions etc.

This year has been kind of boring as we've watched RJ Archer play most of the reps- a guy who isn't going to make the team. Most key positions are filled barring some Db depth, safety depth, some final receiver depth and third string RB.

Kams hold out has also been a bummer, it's created uncertainty and it sucks to see a player as good as Kam not with the team.

I can't wait for the regular season to start though, a nice run of wins will go some way to feeling better about the super bowl loss.

Atradees

Reaction score
The Seahawks are not the underachieving underdog anymore. We are no longer the Alaskan NFL team....we are a premier destination and the entire media over-scrutinizes everything we do.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Atradees":2hav86me said:
The Seahawks are not the underachieving underdog anymore. We are no longer the Alaskan NFL team....we are a premier destination and the entire media over-scrutinizes everything we do.

Atradees...is there a set time that you pick that flower on your avatar?? Just curious. :shock: