Somethings wrong. Not excited for Seahawks football season

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Im pumped!

If you are not pumped and jacked you can always hang up the cleats and stop watching. I bet if you do you will miss it and come back. If you don't miss it then you have your answer.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2drsdgl2 said:
It's wierd. I dont even know why. I havnt even watched the first two preseason games. I've always been excited and stoked for the season to start. Even when we were coming off a 2-14 season. For whatever reason I just cant get into it this year. I'm excited for college football. Can't wait to see my Ducks. But for some reason i'm just not feeling very passionate about the Seahawks right now, who have always been far and away the most important team or franchise that i root for. Hopefully it kicks in once the real games start.

Anybody else ever felt this way? Might need to lay down on Coach Carroll's couch for some counseling to get pumped and jacked.

Wow, that's almost as bad as sudden onset impotence ... #justshootme

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I feel a bit of that fever. But, I'm still plenty excited.
There are certainly others that love to try to rob us of our joy for and about this team. Coming off a Super Bowl victory the year before, all that more just bounces off us. Coming off a Super Bowl loss, it can take a bit of a toll. The cure for that is more cowbell. Wait, that just rolled off way too easy at the keyboard.
I mean... the cure is to thrash the 2015 opponents and kick down the door into the playoffs securing the #1 seed on the path to TAKING back the Championship. Return of the Jedi stuff here, man.

sc85sis

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1cwz3bg2 said:
Hasselbeck":1cwz3bg2 said:
JSeahawks":1cwz3bg2 said:
I dont know, maybe i'm the old veteran who has gotten his ring and is no longer as hungry.

Explains the Oregon excitement then ;)

Go have a drink with your coach man. :thirishdrinkers: Being 0-5 verse the ducks has driven him to drink.
http://gridironhistory.com/versus/USC/O ... State.html

Fight On! :D

Oh, and Win Forever! Pete wants to set a standard of excellence for a very long time. Take nothing for granted, but enjoy the ride for however long it lasts.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":y33j5unk said:
It's wierd. I dont even know why. I havnt even watched the first two preseason games. I've always been excited and stoked for the season to start. Even when we were coming off a 2-14 season. For whatever reason I just cant get into it this year. I'm excited for college football. Can't wait to see my Ducks. But for some reason i'm just not feeling very passionate about the Seahawks right now, who have always been far and away the most important team or franchise that i root for. Hopefully it kicks in once the real games start.

Anybody else ever felt this way? Might need to lay down on Coach Carroll's couch for some counseling to get pumped and jacked.

This doesn't surprise me. You barely even cheer, and feel that the 12th man has no impact on the outcomes of games at the Clink.

Surprise, surprise! :3-1:

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":2unt3nsy said:
I should have added something to that post, while it has been bland I am waiting for that moment that ignites things, whether it's Wilson throwing 70 bomb to Graham or Lockett, the Defense sends a statement for the season to come, something.

"That" moment will be awesome.

Lighting the fuse on a bundle of TNT:{)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm excited for the season.

But I'd be more excited if this preseason wasn't a dumping ground for complaints and calls to run this or that player out of town.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeaTown81":22sne5ox said:
Some of you guys need a 1992 refresher course.

This should get 'em pumped!

[youtube]3UCyaTRElDQ[/youtube]

mrt144

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3254ls3w said:
Wow.

I thought I was the resident pessimist.

It is possible to watch and enjoy great football even if we don't get to a SB.

That's what I told myself every step of the way last season and it's inarguable that we witnessed some great football go our way.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3s9e02dn said:
Laloosh":3s9e02dn said:
SeaTown81":3s9e02dn said:

How have I never see this?! Hahahahaha! WOW!

Maybe you dont see every piece of media related to Seattle sports? Dont be so hard on yourself. :th2thumbs:

Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm stoked for the season and can't wait for Sept. 13th!

Sans Kam, I like what I'm seeing from this year's squad. Once they gel and get rolling, watch out peeps.

Go Hawks!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":b38wr8gi said:
SeaTown81":b38wr8gi said:
Laloosh":b38wr8gi said:
SeaTown81":b38wr8gi said:

How have I never see this?! Hahahahaha! WOW!

Maybe you dont see every piece of media related to Seattle sports? Dont be so hard on yourself. :th2thumbs:

You'd think this would be a classic, well known video due to the age. But it appears it was only posted a year ago. Can you imagine thinking this was long lost and in the past. Only to have a family member or friend find it 22 years later and post it online. Ha!

hawxfreak

Reaction score
When we were blacked out and stunk , I was exited for every season and I'm just as exited as ever so much so that the wife can't get no sleep cuz I'm playing all night and the music's just right, seahawks got a squeeze box and daddy gonna feel allright

kearly

Reaction score
SeaTown81":37wdejmc said:

That win against Denver was one of the best ever!

Tical21

Reaction score
Ya know, I haven't cared nearly as intensely post 2005 as I did before it. I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that we were the best team in the NFL. I had waited my whole life to feel that way. It didn't matter to me that we didn't get the payoff at the end. I went on the ride I'd been waiting to go on.

Is it possible that by winning basically two Super Bowls, you've basically fulfilled your fantasies, and nothing you will see can really outdo what you've already seen?

I gotta be honest, I don't really care anymore. I don't get as excited when we win, and I don't get as depressed when we lose. Heck, most years I don't even watch every game anymore. If I've got a bunch of stuff I need to do, do I really need to watch us blow out the Titans?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2uwgv1bs said:
JSeahawks":2uwgv1bs said:
Hasselbeck":2uwgv1bs said:
JSeahawks":2uwgv1bs said:
I dont know, maybe i'm the old veteran who has gotten his ring and is no longer as hungry.

Explains the Oregon excitement then ;)

Go have a drink with your coach man. :thirishdrinkers: Being 0-5 verse the ducks has driven him to drink.
He's a USC fan?

Yes sir.

:th2thumbs:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Rather concerned about the O line. Hope they find their way through. Not concerned about paying $330 for nosebleed seats. Don't want any part of it. Kinda bummed about the bandwagon fools. That is all.