Something to think about

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":349yiide said:
hawkfan68":349yiide said:
Throwdown":349yiide said:
How do you explain the same issues on the field that went on last year then?

He was the QB of a 12 win team and while his play declined late in the season, he still put up a career best in TDs - 40 and completion pct - 68.8%. He also threw for more yards than the previous season. Not sure if that totally can be considered a down season for him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

Most are talking about the final 8 games.

were he was

1671 yards, 12tds, 5 ints, 68% complete, 93 passer rating. While not as good as the first half far from bad, given his attempts were cut by 30%. Oh and about 239 yards rushing and a td.

And those are solid numbers. The problem is that that style of play is one that he wasn't happy with. But its one that I think if he adhered to and built from , we'd be in decent shape this year. Instead, it seems he's been bent on throwing his way out and not being made to dial it back and play smart, situational ball.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
keasley45":1sx3i1kk said:
John63":1sx3i1kk said:
hawkfan68":1sx3i1kk said:
Throwdown":1sx3i1kk said:
How do you explain the same issues on the field that went on last year then?

He was the QB of a 12 win team and while his play declined late in the season, he still put up a career best in TDs - 40 and completion pct - 68.8%. He also threw for more yards than the previous season. Not sure if that totally can be considered a down season for him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

Most are talking about the final 8 games.

were he was

1671 yards, 12tds, 5 ints, 68% complete, 93 passer rating. While not as good as the first half far from bad, given his attempts were cut by 30%. Oh and about 239 yards rushing and a td.

And those are solid numbers. The problem is that that style of play is one that he wasn't happy with. But its one that I think if he adhered to and built from , we'd be in decent shape this year. Instead, it seems he's been bent on throwing his way out and not being made to dial it back and play smart, situational ball.

Or if they had not changed from the style of play of the firsts 5 games he would have done even more. PC admitted to changing it when Carson went down.

PNW

Reaction score
I get everything you mentioned, that’s a bunch of stuff happening all at once. If Russ was to take a pay cut I think we would have less expectations for him and give him more leniency, but getting top three QB money and playing this way after his actions this past offseason is where the frustration comes from.