So.. no one has posted this yet. Mike Holmgren joining KJR

Subzero717

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3g7le3l6 said:
onanygivensunday":3g7le3l6 said:
bestfightstory":3g7le3l6 said:
Hmmmm..

Guess who raises the 12th MAN Flag for a playoff game this year?
Can you imagine what it would be like if Mike raised the flag at the NFC championship game this year.

YEAH, BABY!!!! The Clink would go ballistic.

I'm MUCH rather have Hasselbeck do it, although that wont happen since he'll be under contract to another team. Then my next choice would be Shaun, then DJack, then Holmgren. Honestly, Holmgren wouldnt really get me very jacked.

If we host the NFCCG it will be PA.

McGruff

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":13oxx84q said:
Very cool.

I was thrilled when the Seahawks announced that Mike was hired as the new HC early in 1999... even more so than when Pete was announced... but there's no comparison between what Mike accomplished and what Pete (and John) have accomplished.

Pete will go down as the best Seahawks HC of all time in my opinion... and John Schneider will go down the same way as the best GM of all time.

I've always wondered what it's like to be one of the premier franchises in the NFL.

Now I know... and I'm friggin' loving it!!!

Pete has a ways to go before he replaces the man that helped save football in Seattle and who built and led the team that played in our only Superbowl ever.

Mike Holmgren is chronically underrated by Seahawks fans.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":3ndxliot said:
I hope there's a weekly segment called "Mike puts Hugh in his place".

I think this is a huge coup by KJR. Softy is one of the reasons I don't listen to them that much. I really am not a huge fan of KIRO, but since they are the "official" seahawks station, I think I get a little more seahawks bang for the buck there. Holmgren though is a great draw and I can see myself jumping ship and listening to his take quite often.

As for his raising the flag, it is a MUST see. I don't think there would be a more fitting time than a home NFC Championship game. Make it happen

DohBoy

Reaction score
kidhawk":1jdf7sly said:
Softy is one of the reasons I don't listen to them that much.
Softy is the reason I no longer find DD-cup boobies appealing anymore. He's the Rosie O'Donnell of local sports talk...

DohBoy

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
McGruff":3n8p02us said:
onanygivensunday":3n8p02us said:
Very cool.

I was thrilled when the Seahawks announced that Mike was hired as the new HC early in 1999... even more so than when Pete was announced... but there's no comparison between what Mike accomplished and what Pete (and John) have accomplished.

Pete will go down as the best Seahawks HC of all time in my opinion... and John Schneider will go down the same way as the best GM of all time.

I've always wondered what it's like to be one of the premier franchises in the NFL.

Now I know... and I'm friggin' loving it!!!

Pete has a ways to go before he replaces the man that helped save football in Seattle and who built and led the team that played in our only Superbowl ever.

Mike Holmgren is chronically underrated by Seahawks fans.
Not to make this a back and forth but Mike had one season wherein the Hawks were an elite team, obviously 2005, his 7th season as the HC.

Pete (and John) have accomplished it in 3 years... and are poised to stay there for several more years.

For me, that's the significant difference.

Mike is revered in Seattle. Pete will be worshiped before he is done. :th2thumbs:

Tical21

Reaction score
This is gonna be really cool. I still won't listen to Softy, but Holmgren will be out of this world with Mitch, and he and Furness will get into some awesome X's and 0's stuff. I don't think it will be as good as it is when Millen joins Mitch, but hopefully Holmgren pulls back the curtain to the mental and front office side of everything.

To this inferring that Carroll can hold Holmgren's jock, hahahhhha what??? Really? Didn't Holmgren (a likely HOFer) win 4 straight division titles and take us to the playoffs five years in a row?

Pete Carroll has had ONE winning season as the Seahawks coach.

Lemme guess, you also think Marshawn Lynch is a better Seahawk than Shaun Alexander?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":3gm2gtfe said:
This is gonna be really cool. I still won't listen to Softy, but Holmgren will be out of this world with Mitch, and he and Furness will get into some awesome X's and 0's stuff. I don't think it will be as good as it is when Millen joins Mitch, but hopefully Holmgren pulls back the curtain to the mental and front office side of everything.

To this inferring that Carroll can hold Holmgren's jock, hahahhhha what??? Really? Didn't Holmgren (a likely HOFer) win 4 straight division titles and take us to the playoffs five years in a row?

Pete Carroll has had ONE winning season as the Seahawks coach.

Lemme guess, you also think Marshawn Lynch is a better Seahawk than Shaun Alexander?

Yep, I've always enjoyed the way Holmgren explained things. I use to chuckle about how peeps would rag on him for 'not saying anything' in his pressers. I felt he imparted a lot of knowledge about the game, but did so in a way the the average joe could understand.

Shoot, if you want the king of 'saying nothing' try a Harbaugh presser!...or for a dose of stupid, a how about Mora Jr.

I also agree with your take about PC vs Mike Holmgren. PC won't have equaled Holmgren until he reaches the Superbowl. If Pete stays on his current tragectory, I expect great things, but he's only had one winning season so far. Too bad for Holmgren that Hutch wasn't handled according to his wishes by Timmaay. The Hawks would have been making serious noise for a least a couple more seasons if they kept that guy. I highly doubt Chicago would have beat us in the playoffs behind the arm of friggin Grossman!

One thing I'm pretty sure most of us can agree with is that Pete is better at fitting the pieces together to maximise player strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Holmgren had to have his ideal players, but, once he had them, his O was pretty darned unstoppable.