So Marshawn really got fined $50, 000 for not speaking...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bottom line on this subject.....Marshawn knows that he does not have the vocabulary skills that other members on the team have. Previous interviews have resulted in Marshawn being put in "poor light". Hence, not only does he feel uncomfortable speaking to the "press", it also has proven hurtful to him.

The NFL is all about entertainment. Hence, it desires its players to "entertain" the media and consequently, the fans. It feels threatened if the players fail to comply.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
This wouldnt've happened if they didn't think we were gonna be in the Super Bowl--getting the media-availabity ducks in a row.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Shawn Lynch ‏@MoneyLynch 14m
Thank u to the 12s for tryin to help out, I will match the money raised and send it to a charity #12thMan #beastmode #Seahawks

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2xhmep74 said:
LOL! That's ridiculous. Is someone like Jermaine Kearse getting fined 50K too? Because I never heard him talk to the media either.

Serious question? They only interview Key players in the team.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
interviews with Hauschka? .."well I try to kick it straight every time... oh, ... and really far too... next question"

Carmon1274

Reaction score
I hate the fact that some people say

Cole tries to injure Okung and only gets a 7k fine or
Aldon Smith becomes irresponsible and the league doesn't suspend him

Some other fans may say, We got busted for SpyGate or Bounty and we had to lose a draft pick, while the Seahawks are a team with many PED users and no picks and coaches are suspended.

sc85sis

Reaction score
For a different perspective, check out hour two of Brock and Danny. You might be surprised at Danny's take on it. As a bonus, he is hysterical talking briefly about Tebow at the end of the hour.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3qyyfvhu said:
sekiuHAWK":3qyyfvhu said:
This is so anti American..... pisses me off to no end. Part of freedom of speech is the freedom to not speak. Total BS

Yet another example of someone not understanding what free speech covers.....and what it doesnt.

You tell me how it is right that people should be forced to talk. If you force people to speak when they don't want to then I believe it is wrong. I would like to think that our country defends peoples right to and I quote ' remain silent'. You haters need to stfu or not ... As this is America...

Btw, I think it should be a crime to make assumptions , and be a self appointed know it all asshole... Bottom line is that we should never be forced to speak... Just my 2 cents... Btw, this post is not just in response to the above post but also the guy who thinks he is hulk (mostly to hulk). What us pathetic is your regard for other peoples feelings and the assumptions you make...

Anyway, I am done with this topic... And nobody will force me to speak about it again... My right to stfu. Good day

summersknight

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2paf3sfw said:
To media...Lol. That's ridiculous as hell. Hope Marshawn gives them even less from now on.

"@AdamSchefter: This week NFL fined Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch $50,000 - $50,000! - for not speaking to media throughout this season, per Seattle source."

If ricky williams followed this rule he might have got in less trouble

AgentDib

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":3lbf3s8h said:
You tell me how it is right that people should be forced to talk. If you force people to speak when they don't want to then I believe it is wrong.
I see this bothers you but think of it like homeowner association rules. You have the freedom to leave your Christmas lights up all year, unless you move into a closed community with homeowner association rules that prevent it. If that bothers you then you have the option to not move into that community. Nobody is forcing Lynch to work for a private company (NFL) under rules that he and his union collectively bargained.

The situation with Lynch is actually not unusual at all. He is being paid to perform a job (NFL running back) and one of the many responsibilities of that position is being a spokesman for both his team and the NFL. He isn't crazy about that part of his job and so he doesn't really do it, and the NFL rebukes him as a result. The same story could be told about many of the posters on this forum.

mikeak

Reaction score
Lynch needs to find a doctor that certifies that he has a anxiety disorder. Then he needs to file protection under ADA against the requirement to speak to the press and then we will see what the NFL wants to do about it........

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
He could always go up with RW during a post game interview and just have Russel respond to 90% of the questions.. That would satisfy the policy

Shock2k

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2m6fw06n said:
Shawn Lynch ‏@MoneyLynch 14m
Thank u to the 12s for tryin to help out, I will match the money raised and send it to a charity #12thMan #beastmode #Seahawks

All Class. Beast mode says everything he needs to say on the field... NFL office bitches.

HoRneR

Reaction score
I don't get it why shouldn't he be fined for not doing something that is required for his JOB.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HoRneR":3bkjwevm said:
I don't get it why shouldn't he be fined for not doing something that is required for his JOB.
Yeah, it's so much better when player do the required interviews, but just answer every question in monosyllables.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't disagree with the fine since Marshawn knew he was required to speak to the press. I have a big issue with the fine being greater for that offense than for actions that can hurt another player (someone mentioned the play that put Okung out in his second year, and I think that's a perfect example).

I also think the rule itself should be eliminated or modified because it's kind of silly.