So if there are going to be changes…

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
And I hope there are for goodness sake… and who really knows if anything will happen… but we are out of the playoffs, no first round pick to speak of currently… if there are changes in coaching, GM, etc. would they happen? Immediately after week 18? Think Pete is given the heads up? How does history speak here?

I would assume it would either be right away (I hope for tomorrow morning) after the final game… it would give us time to start interviewing potential playoff coaches…

I know we speculate a ton… but if these changes are going to happen, when would they?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Pete has to be gone.

Maybe keep him around on paper as a consultant so he can leave with dignity.

OP
OP
PateratoWilson

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I agree. He has to know, I mean, right?!? I know he’s a stubborn guy and whatever but he has to see and hear pitchforks, fires, and screaming patrons coming around the corner. Maybe he goes with dignity after week 18 and just walks.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
After week 18. I'd be surprised if he's gone before the season ends.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The issue is, the two biggest possible/needed changes is for either Pete or Russ to go. Both of them have leverage right now because of their contracts.

So, it is POSSIBLE for the big changes to start now but I doubt they do because of the amount of negotiating that has to happen for that.

cymatica

Reaction score
How about keep him around as a motivation coordinator. Let him slap butts and jump up and down to keep high spirits

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It depends.

If you can keep Wilson, you have to lose Pete. Not sure we can keep Wilson, which explains all the negative PR about him lately. I think that is the Seahawk FO doing its best to poison the well so losing him won't result in a fan revolt.

I guess it is working...

But...if you cannot keep Wilson, there is no reason to get rid of Pete. Too many teams looking for coaches right now, not great odds to find a good one.

You just have to expect there is little upside if you keep Pete and no Wilson. We might tread water a few more years with a 7 or 8 win season though.

Losing this one wasn't a gut punch because the WFT loss was the harbinger.

As Parcells said once, you are what your record says you are. Our record says we aren't very good this year.

OP
OP
PateratoWilson

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":137ktg4m said:
It depends.

If you can keep Wilson, you have to lose Pete. Not sure we can keep Wilson, which explains all the negative PR about him lately. I think that is the Seahawk FO doing its best to poison the well so losing him won't result in a fan revolt.

I guess it is working...

But...if you cannot keep Wilson, there is no reason to get rid of Pete. Too many teams looking for coaches right now, not great odds to find a good one.

You just have to expect there is little upside if you keep Pete and no Wilson. We might tread water a few more years with a 7 or 8 win season though.

As Parcells said once, you are what your record says you are. Our record says we aren't very good this year.

I agree that we just aren’t very good this year with many moving parts being the problem. If these are all going to go down I just don’t want this drug into the off-season with more bickering from Wilson and Pete acting like “we’re gonna be good this year, just watch, with all our new ideas with our same old coaches”. I don’t think both can, nor want to, co-exist anymore. I’m hopeful it’s a complete rebuild from GM, head coach, starting Qb, etc. I’m hoping the sooner the better as if all this is going to happen, we will need someone to be pushing the buttons on all the deals. That’s a lot to do… might as well start now

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":i3n9p3ov said:
It depends.

I guess it is working...

I'd expect there to be upside.

Pete seems to only be good when he's taking on a role of architect.

The stagnancy is the enemy.

I think if you get a real commensurate return for Russell and wipe the slate offensively and defensively, with massive roster churn - you see a return to roots and a return to success.

I'm not saying that's the only way. I think a creative coach who can put together a hell of a run game also ends up being significantly more successful than Seattle has been recently.

My big thing is that the marriage is over. It needs to end.

One thing I won't move on: either way, I want John Schneider on board.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1x76c1k3 said:
TwistedHusky":1x76c1k3 said:
It depends.

I guess it is working...

I think if you get a real commensurate return for Russell and wipe the slate offensively and defensively, with massive roster churn - you see a return to roots and a return to success.

I'm not saying that's the only way. I think a creative coach who can put together a hell of a run game also ends up being significantly more successful than Seattle has been recently.

I'm not super happy with JS either, but I'd keep him if that means, even if Pete is gone, we're moving away from Russell, too.

Worst thing that can happen is leave Russ and his ego to shape the future of this team.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1ap696h2 said:
TwistedHusky":1ap696h2 said:
It depends.

I guess it is working...

"One thing I won't move on: either way, I want John Schneider on board.[/quote]"

Me either.... JS is and will be better without Pete