So glad we're playing SF at 1-0

SeaTown81

Reaction score
As much as I wanted SF to lose to GB yesterday, It's kinda cool to have both teams 1-0 heading into this game. There would have been a lot more desperation had one of the teams been 0-1. SF would have scared me a bit more if they were 0-1 with more to lose. This way both teams will just bring it hard. Should be a fun one.

FrankTheTank21

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":12aoz1pr said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but "tight windows"?...he was sitting on the first read all day and hitting guys that had no one in the same zip code (and subsequently absurd YAC). Great stat line, but that might be the easiest 400 a QB in the league will ever throw. He's a good QB, but he really struggles with progressions. Seahawks secondary won't make it easy for him like GB did.

Obviously I'm biased, but I disagree.

Kap does a good job of scanning the field and coming off his first read if it's not there. Similar to Russell Wilson, he's always keeping his head upfield. That was one of the things that was maddening about Alex Smith. If the first read wasn't open, he'd immediately check down to the RB or just sack himself instead of looking to make a play down the field. Typically young QBs start panicking when things break down, but they both maintain their poise.

Kap has some things to correct (his deep ball can be a little flat at times), but I've been impressed with his field vision thus far.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Ninerguy":3l2a312c said:
Lady Talon":3l2a312c said:
I had little doubt RW would come through in Carolina, but I couldn't be happier we escaped their front 7 with a W. The way our schedule is, compared to SF's, losing a single game this year will feel like we dropped two.

Wasn't too impressed with SF's home win, especially defensively. CK and co. will have a problem with our DB's, especially if Browner is back.

Of course your not impressed...Having to open your season 2 years in a row with the Green Bay Packers is soooo easy and beating them both times, once in their house now in ours is very unimpressive.

It is unimpressive. You know perfectly well GB is more bark than bite. They are the prison bitch of the NFCW leaders.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":be4ypw2w said:
iigakusei":be4ypw2w said:
I was very impressed with San Fran's offense. Very smart game plan as it was obvious GB was playing to keep Kaepernick from running. Kaepernick played amazing, was fitting balls into tight windows all day. I do believe Boldin is the type of receiver we can shut down, as we have physical corners and you don't have to worry about his deep speed. I think the most important thing though is you can throw Week 1 out of the window because I doubt both teams will look the same.

Don't take this the wrong way, but "tight windows"?...he was sitting on the first read all day and hitting guys that had no one in the same zip code (and subsequently absurd YAC). Great stat line, but that might be the easiest 400 a QB in the league will ever throw. He's a good QB, but he really struggles with progressions. Seahawks secondary won't make it easy for him like GB did.

Again.. No, he didn't have a bunch of post snap reads, but AGAIN, he just didn't need to. He found a way to get to the ball to Boldin and Davis. Surely wanting both of them when they snapped the ball. He did get in there, many times. Yes, he missed badly a few times, but there are much worse tragedies. If I am CK, I am glad that I can use my first option every time. Is Boldin going to be like that all year long? Of course not, but there are a long list of teams that do not have secondary players like Seattle. GB was focused on CK not embarrassing them on foot, so he took another option, we have been seeing Wilson do it since last year.

mrinsatiable

Reaction score
Seattle needs keep Kap in the pocket and maintain Boldin to a minimum. As Vernon can be contained. Seahawks secondary can play with any team but our O line needs to give Wilson a lot more protection than the Carolina game. I felt like he was constantly getting pressured without having time to get the ball out to the receivers. Lynch/Turbin is going to need to play with a consistent 4yds per carrier so that we don't have the 3rd and long situations. The obvious advantage is the 12th man which most teams can't account for. Go Hawks!!

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
FrankTheTank21":c77qocrk said:
Mtjhoyas":c77qocrk said:

Obviously I'm biased, but I disagree.

Kap does a good job of scanning the field and coming off his first read if it's not there. Similar to Russell Wilson, he's always keeping his head upfield. That was one of the things that was maddening about Alex Smith. If the first read wasn't open, he'd immediately check down to the RB or just sack himself instead of looking to make a play down the field. Typically young QBs start panicking when things break down, but they both maintain their poise.

Kap has some things to correct (his deep ball can be a little flat at times), but I've been impressed with his field vision thus far.

We will have to agree to disagree regarding progressions. And don't get me wrong, he's a fine talent and the way I view "making reads" really has nothing to do with intelligence (which is a common misinterpretation). I think he's good pre-snap which is the main emphasis of a Harbaugh offense. Additionally, he has improved with keeping his head up when the play breaks down. And one last caveat, not many QBs are very good with progressions, as it's a very foereign thing to most QBs. RW has been good going 1-2, but panics a bit trying to go to the third option.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Carolina has a way better defense than Greenbay. I could throw for 400 yards against that Packers secondary, it's absolutely terrible. Jerron McMillian has atrocious skills covering anybody. Dude was getting burned (BAD) on nearly every play. So glad Seattle doesn't let players like that out on the field. Embarrassing performance.

Outside of Clay at backer, that defense blows something fierce. Not to mention they made zero adjustments to SF's game plan, they just sat in zones to contain TF...but he wasn't even threatening with his legs. Pathetic.

Going into week two having already traveled across the country, played a tough D, a pretty good mobile QB, all while coming out with the victory...speaks volumes. I'll take the 'hawks being more prepared for a tough game (at this point), the second match up will be a way different story.

That's not to say I don't think SF will just roll over, they'll come in...score some points, let Frank Gore pound on us for a bit (as usual), and do a good job getting pressure with that front 7.

However! I don't trust that secondary, it just screams mediocrity. Same goes for those WRs (they're a slim notch about meh) and Boldin is not going to to run wild against Seattle...Davis ont he other hand...

I think it'll be a close game with the 'hawks taking the lead in the third and pulling away. The 12th man is going to be more deafening than ever, as expectations are so high this season. SF could very well get blown out do to the simple fact they drew the home opener. After a so-so week One showing, Pete is going to get these guys fired up and get them to make a statement to the league. After all, you gotta beat the best to be the best.

Because it's Coaches birthday, I can see Seattle putting forth even more effort. After all, the boys will want to get a huge win over the arch nemesis for Pete.

Hope practices go well for both teams, and come in as loaded as possible (from a personnel standpoint).

Cheers to a good game!

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":15us2bxf said:
Mtjhoyas":15us2bxf said:
iigakusei":15us2bxf said:
I was very impressed with San Fran's offense. Very smart game plan as it was obvious GB was playing to keep Kaepernick from running. Kaepernick played amazing, was fitting balls into tight windows all day. I do believe Boldin is the type of receiver we can shut down, as we have physical corners and you don't have to worry about his deep speed. I think the most important thing though is you can throw Week 1 out of the window because I doubt both teams will look the same.

Again.. No, he didn't have a bunch of post snap reads, but AGAIN, he just didn't need to. He found a way to get to the ball to Boldin and Davis. Surely wanting both of them when they snapped the ball. He did get in there, many times. Yes, he missed badly a few times, but there are much worse tragedies. If I am CK, I am glad that I can use my first option every time. Is Boldin going to be like that all year long? Of course not, but there are a long list of teams that do not have secondary players like Seattle. GB was focused on CK not embarrassing them on foot, so he took another option, we have been seeing Wilson do it since last year.

Very valid point and I made the analogy in another thread that that it's tantamount to blaming your friend for being born into a wealthy family. It's not his fault that he's in a great QB system. My caveat regarding Kaepernick is that he's nowhwere near the level of an elite QB regarding breaking down defenses and going through progressions, as he does not look comfortable at all coming off the primary.

By the by...I appreciate the civility and how you are not interpreting this as me saying CK is garbage. Again, a fine physical talent.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
The outcome of yesterday's game is very good for momentum going into next week's war with San Fran. Had we blown out Carolina, our guys may come in to next week's game a little too sure of themselves. Our struggle at Carolina is going to make the team focus on shoring up shortcomings in pass protection. Energized by our home crowd, I don't think we come out flat this time around.

Man, I am so glad we won yesterday.