So glad we're playing SF at 1-0

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Lady Talon":3oduo4cc said:
Ninerguy":3oduo4cc said:
Lady Talon":3oduo4cc said:
Wasn't too impressed with SF's home win, especially defensively.

Of course your not impressed...Having to open your season 2 years in a row with the Green Bay Packers is soooo easy and beating them both times, once in their house now in ours is very unimpressive.

I guess starting with Arizona and Carolina the past 2 seasons is much more impressive, though you did lose one of those.

Don't get all hurt or anything. Not often a projected top 5 defensive team gives up 4 tds on their own turf. Tell me, why should it have impressed me? What was your worst loss last year at home? 26-3 vs the Giants who scored two offensive TDs and like 4 FGs?

Why are you impressed with that performance? Hell last years opener in GB you limited them to one offensive TD.

Good points and good question. I'd like to hear the answer...

Ninerg

Reaction score
Axx":21xnfbme said:
just take away Anquan Boldin. That's Kappernicks new boyfriend since his old was got hurt.

I think the Niners are just as good this year as they were last year, not better. They will be unstoppable late in the year when Manningham and Crabtree return, just in time for our home game against Seattle.

Ninerg

Reaction score
Hawks46":1pxudi6w said:
SF looks good. We REALLY need to hang two losses on them this year.

Honestly, considering the Seahawks play against Carolina, why on earth do you think you are going to beat the Niners twice, which I think will be our last home game at the Stick when Crabtree and Manningham will be back?

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
Lady Talon":34cvsvdo said:
Ninerguy":34cvsvdo said:
Lady Talon":34cvsvdo said:
I had little doubt RW would come through in Carolina, but I couldn't be happier we escaped their front 7 with a W. The way our schedule is, compared to SF's, losing a single game this year will feel like we dropped two.

Wasn't too impressed with SF's home win, especially defensively. CK and co. will have a problem with our DB's, especially if Browner is back.

Of course your not impressed...Having to open your season 2 years in a row with the Green Bay Packers is soooo easy and beating them both times, once in their house now in ours is very unimpressive.

I guess starting with Arizona and Carolina the past 2 seasons is much more impressive, though you did lose one of those.

It will be a very interesting game Sunday night. You are the favorites and should win. Im happy the Niners won this first game to take a little pressure off the Sunday night Dog Fight in Seattle.

Good luck and no injuries!

Don't get all hurt or anything. Not often a projected top 5 defensive team gives up 4 tds on their own turf. Tell me, why should it have impressed me? What was your worst loss last year at home? 26-3 vs the Giants who scored two offensive TDs and like 4 FGs?

Why are you impressed with that performance? Hell last years opener in GB you limited them to one offensive TD.
I was at the game and i can tell u first hand it was frustrating. Credit to ARod. SF gonna need to get to Russel early n often to keep pressure out of secondary.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I was very impressed with San Fran's offense. Very smart game plan as it was obvious GB was playing to keep Kaepernick from running. Kaepernick played amazing, was fitting balls into tight windows all day. I do believe Boldin is the type of receiver we can shut down, as we have physical corners and you don't have to worry about his deep speed. I think the most important thing though is you can throw Week 1 out of the window because I doubt both teams will look the same.

the ditch

Reaction score
I'm more confident that we'll win this game and be 2-0 then I was about winning yesterday. Green Bay, in the fourth quarter was winning with 8 minutes left, and that was SF at home. I think we hand them a loss. We won our first road game of the season since 2006, and I think that Carolina's defensive line is probably better than SF's. Hopefully we will have Browner and Avril available as well.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
iigakusei":3fj56a6x said:
I was very impressed with San Fran's offense. Very smart game plan as it was obvious GB was playing to keep Kaepernick from running. Kaepernick played amazing, was fitting balls into tight windows all day. I do believe Boldin is the type of receiver we can shut down, as we have physical corners and you don't have to worry about his deep speed. I think the most important thing though is you can throw Week 1 out of the window because I doubt both teams will look the same.

Don't take this the wrong way, but "tight windows"?...he was sitting on the first read all day and hitting guys that had no one in the same zip code (and subsequently absurd YAC). Great stat line, but that might be the easiest 400 a QB in the league will ever throw. He's a good QB, but he really struggles with progressions. Seahawks secondary won't make it easy for him like GB did.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":sn5a5wby said:
SF looked great on Sunday. I have to say, I am a little concerned about next week's matchup.

Might be the only Seahawk fan on here with some integrity. J/K

But seriously, though Boldin made a statement today, I have a feeling that he isn't the one that you guys need to worry about next week. The problem is for you guys though, if you allow his performance to force your game plan (accordingly) to change in order to try to take Q out of the game, I think you will see who you should have been covering the whole time.

Basically a pick your poison problem however, because if you soften up on Boldin you now know what will happen.

Kaepernick proved once and for all that if you concentrate on stopping the option he will torch you through the air. Since your secondary is far better than GB's, if you too designate your defenders to cover Kap's running lanes, Vernon Davis is going to have a field day.

12thMan1

Reaction score
I will admit that Kap and the rest of the 49er Offense looked really good against the Packers. But I'm not overly worried about this next game for a number of reasons.

1. The Packers were able to stop the run for the most part which the Seahawks can do.
2. Packers secondary isn't anywhere near ours which is why Kap was able to air it out all day. Boldin and company will get their catches, but not like they did on Sunday.
3. The noise level at Century Link will make communication difficult for Kap.
4. The Seahawks have the power of Tanzania on their side.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
NinerLifer":88ws7o5l said:
Stephen SeaHawking":88ws7o5l said:
Kaepernick proved once and for all that if you concentrate on stopping the option he will torch you through the air.

So it's now settled ONCE AND FOR ALL. By torching a bad GB defense, who decided to counteract not playing CK on the run at all last time was to over-commit the opposite way, it is now and forever settled. Put the man in the damned HoF already! ;)

Don't get me wrong. I think your team is great, and that Hawks fans are silly to try and say otherwise. But come on, that's a bit silly in itself.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
SeaTown81":ctccmqg2 said:
NinerLifer":ctccmqg2 said:
Stephen SeaHawking":ctccmqg2 said:
Kaepernick proved once and for all that if you concentrate on stopping the option he will torch you through the air.

So it's now settled ONCE AND FOR ALL. By torching a bad GB defense, who decided to counteract not playing CK on the run at all last time was to over-commit the opposite way, it is now and forever settled. Put the man in the damned HoF already! ;)

Don't get me wrong. I think your team is great, and that Hawks fans are silly to try and say otherwise. But come on, that's a bit silly in itself.

Yeah, much respect to the 9ers for sure. But the Seahawk defense does not pick its poison, it delivers it in lethal doses all over the field. This matchup is gonna be a bare-knuckle bloodbath all around.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Ninerg":157ee6aw said:
Hawks46":157ee6aw said:

Honestly, considering the Seahawks play against Carolina, why on earth do you think you are going to beat the Niners twice, which I think will be our last home game at the Stick when Crabtree and Manningham will be back?

Since when is Manningham considered a serious weapon? He's just a guy and coming back from injury.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3chq0m62 said:
NinerLifer":3chq0m62 said:
Stephen SeaHawking":3chq0m62 said:

Haha yep. Apparently "torching" means throwing to wide open with little to no reads. That was the worst secondary play I've seen. Nobody in the same area code as Boldin. But yes, let's put him in the HOF right now.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
So the 49ers beat the packers by 6 after being GIFTED 4 points by the officials because of their gaffe. This was a SF home game,
so you'd expect SF to play better at home. GB was alot like Seattle today, totally shooting themselves in the foot in the first half, getting a big
play only to have it called back by penalty.

The net result is SF wins by 6- Because they score a bunch of points all of a sudden SF is "unstoppable."

Meanwhile Seattle wins by 5- Because Seattle only has 1 TD on the day Seattle is the underdog.

There is usually a big jump in play during the first few weeks of the season as teams settle in. Remember last year SEattle sucked it up against AZ with the OL playing like crap only to come out and dominate Dallas (who was coming off a big win against the G-men ) the following week. I'm excited to see how it all turns out on SUNDAY. I think Seattle is going to be much more explosive at home this week.

sutz

Reaction score
davidonmi":1ocxafey said:
I think boldin is their flanker which means sherm gets him. THIS IS THE TIME TO PROVE YURSELF SHERM
I don't believe the Hawks alter their field positions much based on the opponent's formation. Generally, Sherm stays on one side of the field and covers whatever receiver is out there.

So, I'm sure Boldin will be covered by different guys as he moves around.

But we've been playing against him for years. We can cover him. Like we can cover anybody in the league. If SF fans are depending on him, all I can say is "Been there, done that."

themunn

Reaction score
Ninerg":1a7qyqaz said:
Hawks46":1a7qyqaz said:

Did you see us play Carolina last year? We might not have looked amazing yesterday, but it's streets ahead from last year, and Carolina has improved immeasurably since then (right in the middle of their 1-6 run last year, closed out the season 5-1, strong draft). Last year Wilson threw two interceptions in Carolina - one returned for a TD. This year he played a "bad" game by the standards he's set and still had a 110+ passer rating. And he's the best QB in the league at home.

When Crabtree and Manningham are back, Clemons, Avril, Irvin (ie our entire pass rush) and Harvin will be back.

Carolina were the "best" team to lose at home yesterday (an argument could be made for the Steelers as they had an identical 2012 record, but losing to the Titans trumps that)

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ihm23n8 said:
Sandwiched between a close home loss two years ago, Seattle has beaten SF in Seattle 31-6 and 42-13 in the last three years. I'm hoping this is the start of some kind of weird trend.
Nuh uh, not weird. Not no more.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2nn8fzg7 said:
Ninerguy":2nn8fzg7 said:

Why you bringing up old sh*t?

Are you kidding? He's a Niner fan. That's all they do! Granted, usually they talk about all the championships they won back in the day, but it's in the same ballpark. ;)