So Browner is gone....for maybe over a year

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's a steaming pile of dogpoo Browner was screwed seven ways to Sunday and to not realize that is willful ignorance beyond the fact that marijuana has no business being on any ban list concerning sports or being illegal in the first place. It's because of a culture war that will finally be dead in the next 10 years or so and this ridiculous attitude about marijuana will be done and over with as should have been years ago.

Penman96

Reaction score
I don't think the ban, the appeal of it, or the impending lawsuit against the NFL is disputing the marijuana test result. The issue is that he was in stage 3 of the testing program, and he should not have been.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Children are suppose to look at these people as role models? Are you serious?

I WILL NEVER teach my children to idolize sports star, and it is my opinion, but i question the parenting of any human being that would do so in the first place.

In the end its Browners fault, he didnt get screwed. Its going to take decades for this drug to go legal on a recreational level, and most likely another 10 years before its at least accepted federally for medical use.

I dont see the NFL ever getting that to fly anyways, since federally, its not legal in any sense. (Even though FEDERAL land now has medical -- DC): Which on a side note is becoming a bad thing, over here there are only 57 registered patients as the doctors over here are the strictest Ive ever seen.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Teqneek":1d9k7xq0 said:
Children are suppose to look at these people as role models? Are you serious?

It's insane what the definition of 'Role Model' has changed too. Majority of these Athletes would have ended up in jail if not for the money they make off of sports. Majority are just plain thugs, druggies, and criminal minded. They are simply overly paid entertainers and should just stay as entertainers. There is no need of them or the league to make these people 'Role models' for my children, nor is there a need of their 'community work.'

RezHawk

Reaction score
I predict more states will be legalizing pot in the hopes their teams make it to the Superbowl. One big plus if Godell were to take weed off the banned substance list is that Washington and Colorado would become the #1 preferred destination for a lot of free agents.

gargantual

Reaction score
There's a looooong history of athletes being role models, all the way back to kids collecting Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth and Shoeless Joe baseball cards ("Say it ain't so Joe!"). I don't expect that to go away and don't want to pass judgement on anyone who does so.

The real problem for me is that if his case was handled actually FAIRLY he would've served a 4 game suspension it being either his 1st or else 2nd offense for smoking weed (we still don't know for sure which it is). We DO know that he didn't have a third dirty sample because he was out of the friggin country and not even an NFL employee anymore. I sure would be SUPER-DUPER pissed if some lame-ass company expected me to pee in a cup for them AFTER THEY FIRED ME! (I'd tell them right where they could put their test!!!)

So we should have him back by now if there was any true justice in the world, and we'd be able to enjoy the HELL out of seeing him play in the Super Bowl.

Just my 2 cents.....

bellingerga

Reaction score
The ignorance about marijuana in this country is surprisingly still almost "reefer madness" levels in so many areas.

I still think Browner is an idiot for smoking weed when he knew it was banned, but To vilify a person over pot is one of the most pathetic and hypocritical things we can do in society when Alchohol and Cigarettes are still legal.

This, and I'm not even a pot smoker.