Skip Bayless says...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ruminator":5hcqr4vs said:
It's time to stop calling experts experts 'cause they're nothing more than analysts who discuss what happened in the last 48 hours, and people listen to them in order to hear things to agree or disagree with.

link here

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21u4qsv6 said:
Ruminator":21u4qsv6 said:
It's time to stop calling experts experts 'cause they're nothing more than analysts who discuss what happened in the last 48 hours, and people listen to them in order to hear things to agree or disagree with.

link here

That article is so incredibly good. I can't believe I'd never seen it before.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Why does anybody listen to this guy? Even when he talks up the Seahawks, I don't put any weight into it because he don't know shit. I give more cred to this one blathering idiot I work with that said today he was hoping for a Seahawks/49ers Super Bowl! :34853_doh:

Everybody on this board is better at life than Skip Bayless!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The reaction to this guy is puzzling.

We all know his tactic, "Say something controversial so that you get a lot of people talking about it and occasionally sprinkle in enough sports insight that people think you know what you are talking about". He is the TV equivalent of clickbait titles. So what?

If he had mentioned that the Seahawks were not going to win the SB, there would be a thread about him. If he mentions the Seahawks are going to win the SB, there is a thread about him. Apparently, no matter what he says people are going to be up in arms about it so we might as well put a sticky called "Skip Bayless is a big Poopyhead" right on the top of the board and save everyone trouble.

Frankly, given what the Seahawks have accomplished already in the past 1 and half seasons - we have a lot to be excited about. I don't think anyone, even the biggest Wilson fan, thought on draft day that he would impact the franchise like he has. This franchise hit the jackpot.

So who cares what an ESPN guy that probably isn't even sharing his real opinion says? All threads like this do is make us look petty. I don't even know if I dislike the guy or not, since it is clear he is just playing a cartoon character on TV. I doubt 65% of what he says is even what he really thinks.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Sure, maybe they will go 15-1 or 14-2, 13-3, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6 or 9-7. Right now the only guarantee that can't be changed is 9-1, it's a long season, there is no telling how the rest of it ends.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't care what Skip says.

He's only saying that now because he knows he's on the fast track to being wrong about his preseason picks.

plyka

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1726v3b8 said:

We all know his tactic, "Say something controversial so that you get a lot of people talking about it and occasionally sprinkle in enough sports insight that people think you know what you are talking about". He is the TV equivalent of clickbait titles. So what?

If he had mentioned that the Seahawks were not going to win the SB, there would be a thread about him. If he mentions the Seahawks are going to win the SB, there is a thread about him. Apparently, no matter what he says people are going to be up in arms about it so we might as well put a sticky called "Skip Bayless is a big Poopyhead" right on the top of the board and save everyone trouble.

Frankly, given what the Seahawks have accomplished already in the past 1 and half seasons - we have a lot to be excited about. I don't think anyone, even the biggest Wilson fan, thought on draft day that he would impact the franchise like he has. This franchise hit the jackpot.

So who cares what an ESPN guy that probably isn't even sharing his real opinion says? All threads like this do is make us look petty. I don't even know if I dislike the guy or not, since it is clear he is just playing a cartoon character on TV. I doubt 65% of what he says is even what he really thinks.

You may be right overall, but take it easy. This is a FORUM where people come to talk about worthless sports topics. The "it makes us look petty" line is ridiculous. A) who cares. B) who cares. C) it's all for fun.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Remember this? Ah, Skip...

[youtube]dFmF-ZfMe0U[/youtube]

bestfightstory

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1iytb9r7 said:

Good Points. Years ago the board threw around the idea of adding a Forum to the board called 'The National Media No Respect Forum' due to the prevalence of topics whining about what some talking head said. The phenomenon has never really gone away and is as curious as ever.

skater18000

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1lah3thd said:

Please give a round of applause to Chris Broussard aka espn first takes nba analyst.

I also thought that the other dude was decent also.

plyka

Reaction score
skater18000":1571f8gt said:
E.C. Laloosh":1571f8gt said:

Please give a round of applause to Chris Broussard aka espn first takes nba analyst.

I also thought that the other dude was decent also.

The other dude, aka the college football guy was absolutely spot on in everything with the exception of the falcons who they all thought were going to be good. He called kaeps troubles, called Wilson and the hawks. Poor dumb skip said the hawks wouldn't even make a wildcard, lol. Or at least he wasn't for sure, haha.

I think his entire schtick is just try to get fans upset so you build a story around yourself. Skip just doesn't know much about sports but he is excellent at marketing.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Yeah Knell, pretty much nailed it.

All you tweeters should clog up Little Skippy's twitter feed with links to that video. His whole shtick is always way funnier when it's revisted months later...

Laloosh

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3gttpml2 said:
Yeah Knell, pretty much nailed it.

All you tweeters should clog up Little Skippy's twitter feed with links to that video. His whole shtick is always way funnier when it's revisted months later...

It's what happens when TV personalities get their NFCW information from a Niner board. It's like Skip was reading the WZ all off-season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man that other guy owned that segment. He makes Skip look like a fool in hindsight and called that Wilson is better than Kaepernick when no one else was.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
u know he did'nt want to say it but he did'nt want to sound dumb down the road. Him and Stephen A. Smith are forty whiner fans.

Latest posts