Since SF is in....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2s1r22yz said:
KCHawkGirl":2s1r22yz said:
True about Philadelphia but New Orleans is straight horrible outside and have never won a playoff game on the road regardless of location.

Would you consider the Superbowl a playoff game? The Saints won a superbowl and it was not in the Superdome. It was outdoors in Miami. They have a top 5 defense. Philly is overrated like most teams from the NFC East. I think the Saints will beat the Eagles in Philly.
I consider the Superbowl as a unique entity because it's played on a neutral field among other factors unique to that game. Regardless New Orleans have never won a playoff game (where homefield advantage is a huge factor) being the road team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":39yygls1 said:
hawkfan68":39yygls1 said:
KCHawkGirl":39yygls1 said:
True about Philadelphia but New Orleans is straight horrible outside and have never won a playoff game on the road regardless of location.

Would you consider the Superbowl a playoff game? The Saints won a superbowl and it was not in the Superdome. It was outdoors in Miami. They have a top 5 defense. Philly is overrated like most teams from the NFC East. I think the Saints will beat the Eagles in Philly.
I consider the Superbowl as a unique entity because it's played on a neutral field among other factors unique to that game. Regardless New Orleans has never won a playoff game as a road team.

Ok. That makes sense. NO doesn't have much playoff history. So I think they may have only played 1 or 2 games on the road. Nonetheless, you are correct they haven't won a road playoff game yet. I still think that will change this weekend. They have played better on the road of late (even though they didn't win). They also have the most wins on the road (regular season) in NFL since 2009. They can win on the road, whether the do or not remains to be seen. Happy New Year :)

Largent80

Reaction score
They are in the same position as us last year. They have to win all the games on the road and it simply is not going to happen.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think they're 4-0 at home and 0-3 on the road in franchise history. I wonder what the Seahawks total playoff record is? It could put the New Orleans record in a fairer context.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
All time playoff record for the Seahawks is 9-12. They are 2-9 on the road (wins in Miami and Washington) and 7-2 at home (losses were Miami and St.Louis). The other loss is the Superbowl (neutral). Haven't lost a playoff game at home since 2006 though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/playoffs.htm

The Saints all-time playoff record is 6-8. They are 5-3 at home and 0-5 on the road.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nor/playoffs.htm

KCHawkgirl, it's looking more and more that you are correct that Saints may lose this weekend. Good job astute one....

I'm just not sold on the Eagles. They played well but then they lost the Vikings toward the end of the season too. So they seem too jekyll and hyde to me. In retrospect, of the teams NO Saints lost to at the end of the season two of them are the top teams in the NFC.