Silence Is Deafening

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3s7xoc91 said:
pittpnthrs":3s7xoc91 said:
acer1240":3s7xoc91 said:
Yup. Fire the most successful coach in franchise history. Get rid of our HOF QB too.

Do most of you understand what happened between 1976 and now?

It was pure torture most years.

12 win seasons are not normal.

Recent Seahawks fans are a bunch of spoiled brats.

So the fans should just be content with good regular seasons, early playoff exits, and never moving forward? How dare some of us wanting more.
Seriously dude!?!??

Dead serious. 12 regular season wins are a waste if you cant do anything with them. The Seahawks cant.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
acer1240":208jhwgg said:
pittpnthrs":208jhwgg said:
acer1240":208jhwgg said:
Yup. Fire the most successful coach in franchise history. Get rid of our HOF QB too.

Do most of you understand what happened between 1976 and now?

It was pure torture most years.

12 win seasons are not normal.

Recent Seahawks fans are a bunch of spoiled brats.

So the fans should just be content with good regular seasons, early playoff exits, and never moving forward? How dare some of us wanting more.

Be careful what you wish for.

You, and others like you, want to move on from the only golden era this team has ever had.

Why?

Because I would like the team to win another Super Bowl before I die and its evident its not going to happen under Pete Carroll. Why wait around? Lets get the ball moving while the team has a once in a lifetime QB instead of running him out and keeping an old stagnant coach.

Fade

Reaction score
Wison is going to stay silent to keep the pressure on Pete & Co. to upgrade the O-Line. The Seahawks will cave, they always do.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I sure respect many of the varied opinions and information from this board, I don't agree with all of them, but I get where most come from.

That being said, something that's kind of alway bothered me is the "You're spoiled now crowd". Don't get me wrong, I understand where it comes from. I was around for the lean years as well. However, some of those years I enjoyed very much, especially when I saw teams that I felt would overachieve based on the talent on the field.

I don't see it as complaining that we won 10, or 11, or 12 games. I see it as frustration that we underachieved and never rose to the level of expectation. Although it sounds ironic, for me, living through the lean years doesn't necessarily make me appreciate the winning seasons more, but it actually makes our inability to reach the top more difficult. Why? Because I understand what a unique and privileged spot we find ourselves in. Russell Wilsons and DK Metcalfs and Bobby Wagners and Clif Avrils and Pete Carrolls etc. don't come around very often. My tenure as a Seahawks fan has made me hypersensitive to the need to take full advantage of the moment, and not squander it.

An analogy for all you parents out there.

You have two kids....five years apart in age.

The first one really, really struggled in Math. Although he didn't have natural math ability, he studied his butt off. He would spend more time on Math than all the rest of his classes combined. After studying all day and all night for his tests, he would go in and on a good day consistently score in the low 80's. He felt good about that and you acknowledged and felt proud of his efforts.

The second one was like Will Hunting. Math came incredibly easy to him. He was a 1/1000 talent. He had all the potential in the word to consistently be at the top of his class. However, he never studied the right way, never made adjustments to different classes or teachers and refused to accept new concepts as they were introduced to him. However on test days, his sheer natural talent would never let him get less than high 80's.

High 80's is clearly a higher mark than low 80's, but yet, knowing his potential for greatness, you feel frustrated. When you express your frustration to your son, his reply is...

"You're so spoiled, my scores are better than my brothers. Do you want to go back to having kids who couldn't get past a 85"?

I'm not sure I would accept that answer. In the same way as a Seahawk fan, just because I don't want to go back to lower mediocrity doesn't mean I should be content with wasted opportunity. Think about the talent we've fielded for the last 10 years. Think about how special some of those players were. Think about what your answer would have been right after SB48 if someone would have asked you "How many championships will this team win"?

I understand it's great to have winning seasons consistently, I've enjoyed them. But I'm sorry, I can't buy into the "we used to suck and this is better" when there has been opportunities to be really special. Something tells me Russell Wilson feels the same way.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Aros":fvnny0r7 said:
Not even the GOAT has ANYWHERE NEAR the level of public drive for his brand, like tentacles, breaching multiple media and platforms and product lines.

Dude What the Hell are you talking about? Not even Brady has gone near the level of public drive for your brand. Russ has gone Hollywood? Are you listening to yourself?

Brady isn’t even in his prime anymore, he’s near the end of his career and he’s been in more mattress and watch commercials than any other athlete I can think of. He’s pushing his TB12 brand, regiments and cook books. He’s been in the public eye with his super model wife and in GQ and countless other magazines more times than Russell will his entire career.

Russ has always been the ultimate prototype of what a class act athlete and player on an organization should strive for. Do you forget how many times the dude went to the children’s hospital, made a dream come true for a make a wish kid and you’re all of a sudden labeling him Hollywood because he’s pushing a Cologne brand? Instead of being like most athletes and blowing his money on dumb shit like cars and jewelry the guy actually has a brain and he’s investing his money because life goes on after football. He started Goodman Brand with a percentage of proceeds going to charity. He has his own charity. What more does the guy have to do?

Aros, you’re usually a pretty level headed guy but this was by far the most outrageous things You’ve ever posted. Now the guy FOR ONCE speaks out and grows a set and people are quick to forget all the good he’s done and contributed to not just the organization but the people of Seattle and people are coming up with reasons to label him the villain. He deserves better than what he’s working with in Seattle. Out of touch head coach who lacks accountability across every aspect and no O line.

Give me a F’ing break

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rjdriver":2phong6k said:
I understand it's great to have winning seasons consistently, I've enjoyed them. But I'm sorry, I can't buy into the "we used to suck and this is better" when there has been opportunities to really special. Something tells me Russell Wilson feels the same way.

I agree completely. Although I have a solid foot on the side of the grass that says "I remember the days of mediocrity and it sucked!" I completely agree that with the talent we've seen in recent years, we should be expecting better. Getting bounced at home in the wild card against a hobbled offensive Rams team was a HUGE blow to our collective egos as fans. Imagine how the team felt?

Well I suppose with Russ' comments in recent weeks I guess we know.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BEASTM0DE":2j7z75j5 said:
Aros":2j7z75j5 said:
Aros, you’re usually a pretty level headed guy but this was by far the most outrageous things You’ve ever posted. Now the guy FOR ONCE speaks out and grows a set and people are quick to forget all the good he’s done and contributed to not just the organization but the people of Seattle and people are coming up with reasons to label him the villain. He deserves better than what he’s working with in Seattle. Out of touch head coach who lacks accountability across every aspect and no O line. Give me a F’ing break

You really think this is by far one of the most outrageous things I've ever posted? You must be new. Oh wait...11 posts, yep, you're new.

:p

I tease, I tease...Your opinion is as worthy as anyone's of course. I am going off of what my eyeballs tell me and what my eyeballs see is a man who seems just as driven to strengthen his brand as he is to succeed on the football field. Maybe that's perfectly okay but what's also perfectly okay is to feel how I feel about the way he is currently presenting himself nationally.

Make NO mistake, I love Russell Wilson, will ALWAYS love Russell Wilson. Not just because he's the best player we have ever had but because of the man and character he is.

And that is why I am disappointed in him right now. Not because he wishes to speak freely, but how he's going about it which feels like there's more to the story than any of us know. Team chemistry is VITAL to success in this league and "His Camp" is fracturing that paradigm on profound levels.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Aros":1bjx30if said:
BEASTM0DE":1bjx30if said:
Aros":1bjx30if said:
Aros, you’re usually a pretty level headed guy but this was by far the most outrageous things You’ve ever posted. Now the guy FOR ONCE speaks out and grows a set and people are quick to forget all the good he’s done and contributed to not just the organization but the people of Seattle and people are coming up with reasons to label him the villain. He deserves better than what he’s working with in Seattle. Out of touch head coach who lacks accountability across every aspect and no O line. Give me a F’ing break

You really think this is by far one of the most outrageous things I've ever posted? You must be new. Oh wait...11 posts, yep, you're new.

I tease, I tease...Your opinion is as worthy as anyone's of course. I am going off of what my eyeballs tell me and what my eyeballs see is a man who seems just as driven to strengthen his brand as he is to succeed on the football field. Maybe that's perfectly okay but what's also perfectly okay is to feel how I feel about the way he is currently presenting himself nationally.

Make NO mistake, I love Russell Wilson, will ALWAYS love Russell Wilson. Not just because he's the best player we have ever had but because of the man and character he is.

And that is why I am disappointed in him right now. Not because he wishes to speak freely, but how he's going about it which feels like there's more to the story than any of us know. Team chemistry is VITAL to success in this league and "His Camp" is fracturing that paradigm on profound levels.

I respect your opinion. If anything you’re the leader of this forum in my book. But I think your emotions are triggered (as well as many other people) by the fact that this is the FIRST time Russ has every spoken out against the organization. He’s always been a Yes man and a model player for an organization; however, the current direction and formula for this team just isn’t working. At the end of the day, the man is a competitor. He puts in the work during the off season. Him speaking out and him launching a cologne make it easy to label him the villain and overlook everything he has done. He hasn’t gone Hollywood. He’s finally standing up for himself...straight up. Put him in an organization willing to build around him, scheme around him (look at what Harbaugh did when going from Flacco to Lamar) and ultimately listen to him and he will THRIVE. Keep him in a system that clearly is dated with a stubborn coach that refuses to adjust and adapt, play to his strengths and you get the Seattle Seahawks under Pete Carroll.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":38d9yk8l said:
BEASTM0DE":38d9yk8l said:
Aros":38d9yk8l said:

He obviously has never seen your drunken rants after a loss :)

Fade

Reaction score
BEASTM0DE":z2shgewt said:
I respect your opinion. If anything you’re the leader of this forum in my book. But I think your emotions are triggered (as well as many other people) by the fact that this is the FIRST time Russ has every spoken out against the organization. He’s always been a Yes man and a model player for an organization; however, the current direction and formula for this team just isn’t working. At the end of the day, the man is a competitor. He puts in the work during the off season. Him speaking out and him launching a cologne make it easy to label him the villain and overlook everything he has done. He hasn’t gone Hollywood. He’s finally standing up for himself...straight up. Put him in an organization willing to build around him, scheme around him (look at what Harbaugh did when going from Flacco to Lamar) and ultimately listen to him and he will THRIVE. Keep him in a system that clearly is dated with a stubborn coach that refuses to adjust and adapt, play to his strengths and you get the Seattle Seahawks under Pete Carroll.

Amazing post. How do you have such few posts? Post MOAR please.

But I don't think it's about standing up for himself. I think it's more about if they continue to do it Pete's way it is just going to keep producing the same results. (1 and done.)

Just put yourself in Wilson's shoes for a second. Pete keeps preaching the same thing every day. You keep getting bounced early in the playoffs year after year. Wilson: "So, Pete, what are we going to do different this time?" Pete: "We're just going to keep doing what we're doing! It's my philosophy!" INSANITY.

What I find absolutely fascinating, is when I observe other team's fanbases, they are all in on supporting their franchise QB. (Get him an O-Line, get him better weapons, get him a better playcaller, etc, etc.)

Too many in this fanbase have outright contempt for a HoF QB, who has been propping up a failed process for YEARS. A blueprint of how not to build around a franchise QB. With the exception of WR. I think Seattle has been good in that area, at least. Though, without DK they would look pretty bad in that area as well. This whole thing falls apart, if/when Wilson moves on. He has been masking mediocrity for years. Pete failed to build properly around the QB. Too many bad draftpicks, too many bad trades, waayyy too many overpays of JAGs. All while keeping around underwhelming "yes" men coordinators. This all lays at Pete's feet.

All the while Wilson watches the other elite QBs get top flight O-Lines, top flight schemes, top flight weapons. Y'know properly building around their Franchise QBs. How do people think he is going to react? When doing it Pete's way the last 6 years has resulted in playoff failure, with no signs of it improving if Wilson doesn't step in and say something now. Wilson isn't cool with just making the playoffs like some on here. He wants to win Superbowls and the fanbase should be in lockstep with that thought. GB, BUF, TB, KC, BAL, LAR fans, etc, are thinking that way.

I think if the team simply does what Wilson wants (which I think they will). Improve the O-Line, particularly LG & C. Along with Waldron calling the plays. The Seahawks & Wilson will have a special year next year.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Aros":3nmw75bm said:
BEASTM0DE":3nmw75bm said:
Aros":3nmw75bm said:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about the situation.

Certainly chemistry can be built during the season. But negative vibes have doomed a lot of teams early in the season

hawkfan68

Reaction score
rjdriver":25n8guqh said:
I sure respect many of the varied opinions and information from this board, I don't agree with all of them, but I get where most come from.

That being said, something that's kind of alway bothered me is the "You're spoiled now crowd". Don't get me wrong, I understand where it comes from. I was around for the lean years as well. However, some of those years I enjoyed very much, especially when I saw teams that I felt would overachieve based on the talent on the field.

I don't see it as complaining that we won 10, or 11, or 12 games. I see it as frustration that we underachieved and never rose to the level of expectation. Although it sounds ironic, for me, living through the lean years doesn't necessarily make me appreciate the winning seasons more, but it actually makes our inability to reach the top more difficult. Why? Because I understand what a unique and privileged spot we find ourselves in. Russell Wilsons and DK Metcalfs and Bobby Wagners and Clif Avrils and Pete Carrolls etc. don't come around very often. My tenure as a Seahawks fan has made me hypersensitive to the need to take full advantage of the moment, and not squander it.

The first one really, really struggled in Math. Although he didn't have natural math ability, he studied his butt off. He would spend more time on Math than all the rest of his classes combined. After studying all day and all night for his tests, he would go in and on a good day consistently score in the low 80's. He felt good about that and you acknowledged and felt proud of his efforts.

The second one was like Will Hunting. Math came incredibly easy to him. He was a 1/1000 talent. He had all the potential in the word to consistently be at the top of his class. However, he never studied the right way, never made adjustments to different classes or teachers and refused to accept new concepts as they were introduced to him. However on test days, his sheer natural talent would never let him get less than high 80's.

High 80's is clearly a higher mark than low 80's, but yet, knowing his potential for greatness, you feel frustrated. When you express your frustration to your son, his reply is...

"You're so spoiled, my scores are better than my brothers. Do you want to go back to having kids who couldn't get past a 85"?

I'm not sure I would accept that answer. In the same way as a Seahawk fan, just because I don't want to go back to lower mediocrity doesn't mean I should be content with wasted opportunity. Think about the talent we've fielded for the last 10 years. Think about how special some of those players were. Think about what your answer would have been right after SB48 if someone would have asked you "How many championships will this team win"?

I understand it's great to have winning seasons consistently, I've enjoyed them. But I'm sorry, I can't buy into the "we used to suck and this is better" when there has been opportunities to be really special. Something tells me Russell Wilson feels the same way.

Superb post RJDriver. Couldn't have said this any better. Sums up my thoughts exactly. :2thumbs:

Mjolnir

Reaction score
rjdriver":7oa5ubcc said:

Wonderful analogy...at least to me. Very brilliant way of putting it.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1d6a0fpw said:
Last year was the shot across the bow.

I keep hearing 'Wilson should have kept it in-house'.

Well, what if in-house did not work? According to his side, he has been pushing against this Carroll crap for years. And nothing came of it.

So last year, he did a drip campaign. That was 'Let Russ Cook'. The other part of that campaign was the warning. Pete ignored it. Did what Pete wanted to do, which was trot out a failed coaching philosophy and attempt to force it regardless.

That got us a loss against a team with essentially half a QB. In a game where 3/4 of the time Aaron Donald did not even play.

So Wilson, with the rail in place from the first campaign, started his second campaign.

And yet, because this is about Pete's pride - Pete refuses to do what even the Texans FO is smart enough to do. At least show a commitment to keeping your star QB. Because this is about Pete's ego. And the reality is that without Wilson, Pete is a below-average NFL coach. (He is going to find this out when he drives off Wilson, BTW)

He has 2 skillsets that are effective and valuable in the NFL, he is a great motivator and a great eye for talent/developer of same. The rest he is pretty much garbage at.

Wilson is loyal as a core character trait. But he is getting to the age where QBs start worrying about their legacy. Did you know that pro athletes care more about being in the HOF than winning a SB? That is why legacy is so important.

And Wilson realizes that Pete is going to saddle him with a legacy of being, for the most part, a playoff loser. Not even his fault but instead because of terrible gameplans for playoff games. Wilson wants a chance to show he can be great in the playoffs again and knows it will never be under Pete.

He kept it in-house for years. Nothing changed. So now he needs to build external pressure for change. He needs a campaign.

And when you pay someone millions of dollars, they can pay very talented people to build a marketing campaign for them. He did and it is working. You cannot blame him if the FO (Pete) refuses to listen or change any other way.

This is ALL on Pete. For years of trying to force a failing coaching philosophy on a QB that deserves better.
If he's been pushing against this "crap" for years, why did he sign the extension? He could've pushed his way out or played it out to free agency

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
BEASTM0DE":2jf9skxe said:
Aros":2jf9skxe said:
BEASTM0DE":2jf9skxe said:
Aros":2jf9skxe said:

Why does everyone assume this is a given?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2d0mmcuq said:
Why does everyone assume this is a given?

Maybe due to the results and numbers he has put up in an offense that doesnt scheme around him.

chris98251

Reaction score
We only have to look at the Bucs.

They went and got Tom Brady, Arians knew that he would be a dead man if he didn't get him support, they went out and got a O line first, and then WR's and RB's. A few pieces for defense and where it took a bit to gell at the start of the season and for Tom to learn the playbook and adapt to his new team by midway they were rolling.

It's a want by the team and of course willing to shuffle players and salary.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chris98251":1xvezjtb said:

They went and got Tom Brady, Arians knew that he would be a dead man if he didn't get him support, they went out and got a O line first, and then WR's and RB's. A few pieces for defense and where it took a bit to gell at the start of the season and for Tom to learn the playbook and adapt to his new team by midway they were rolling.

Other than AB/Gronk, that team was put together prior to TB having any clue whether Tom was coming or not. All while having poor results record wise the last few seasons giving them the luxury of drafting much higher than playoff teams.

Go back and look at what Arians was saying after the season ended last year. He basically spelled it out by mentioning how many picks/turnovers they had from the QB position and that just eliminating those, would make them a playoff team. Tom did that and he's Tom, so you get the playoff experience to boot.

hawk45

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":34vcnddh said:
chris98251":34vcnddh said:

Other than AB/Gronk, that team was put together prior to TB having any clue whether Tom was coming or not. All while having poor results record wise the last few seasons giving them the luxury of drafting much higher than playoff teams.

Go back and look at what Arians was saying after the season ended last year. He basically spelled it out by mentioning how many picks/turnovers they had from the QB position and that just eliminating those, would make them a playoff team. Tom did that and he's Tom, so you get the playoff experience to boot.
I agree Orange, I don't see the magic OL building and team building around a QB, I see a team drafting high that got a QB who uses the short middle better than any other current QB in the league to help out his OL.

Also, if TB is the blueprint, they ran the shit out of the ball vs KC and played defense which is what Pete wants to do.

jeremiah

Reaction score
1) The love of the Seahawks come through in all posts on this board. Disagreeing is not hating or attacking a person, but a POV.

2) The dark days of Behring were very bad, but they did not last as long as most think.

3) I loved the PC version of the Hawks, but that iteration of the Team is over as far as magic goes. JMO

4) I loved the Jack Patera version as much as the PC version.

5)The Knox version was better than Patera, I never would have believed Zorn would be benched in favor of Mudbone. Zorn was a superstar rising fast, but Krieg was a better player if the goal was winning. Kriegs Hawks were as magic as PC's version to me.

6) Erickson got screwed over, he was putting out an increasingly better team week by week, but was hosed, I still loved the team

7) Holmgren electrified the team and me, I went to my first NFL playoff game and we smeared the Panthers. I loved the team the same.

8) PC came around and we suddenly improved, young players and great ones came on board and the sky was the limit. I loved the team just a little bit more.

Year by year, like a marriage or a great friendship it grows. RW can leave, PC can leave, I am staying. I am bitching, moaning, cheering and hoping.

It has always been The Seahawks, not Pateras Seahawks, Knoxes Hawks, Coach Holmgrens Hawks, or PC's. THE SEAHAWKS are the love of my sporting life. If Earl Thomas or Steve Hutchison walk from MY Hawks, screw THEM The same goes for RW, or DK, or any other player or coach. I don't know how they can treat this team, this heritage, THEIR GIFT and Opportunity like it is nothing. Either you are ALL IN, or get the Eff off the team bus. If Russ wants off, here is the door. The money someplace else is going to be the same. The management is going to be generally the same. The GIFT FROM GOD, at least the football gods to be given the honor or being a Seahawk should NOT BE THROWN AWAY. I love this team and franchise more than I love...... just about everything. How about you guys?

On another note, Carroll seems done to me. RW is no longer GO HAWKS, he is like that College boy looking to transfer to a better gig. At least that is my read. He doesn't seem to have the fire like I do, or like the others on this forum for the Hawks. IMO of course.