Seattle Mariners @ Minnesota Twins May 6-9...

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Hancock showing his youth and inexperience tonight. Tough outing. Woo should be back next week.

Announcers were saying this is only our 2nd come from behind win this year. A big part of the game is mental, they have to prove you can do things like that before you really believe it.

Managers were thinking they could turn Cal Raleigh around and make him bat righty because he hadn't hit many HRs from that side. Oops! Looks like they'll have to re-think that one. :)

Nice to see them string hits together and score in more than one or two innings. One of my favorite plays is the RBI single, because you get the run and you leave men on base. Good work by the O tonight. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Hope Saucedo isn't hurt too bad. Service saying something knee. He's talking weeks. :(

Chapow

Reaction score
We tired out two of his best relievers last night, plus they've apparently been used a lot lately, so missing a couple of their best arms.

Right, but there's no way that no one else was available. He entered the game in the 8th inning. And if he was the last guy standing, then that's a terrible job of managing a bullpen if you're using your last available reliever to start the 8th inning.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Right, but there's no way that no one else was available. He entered the game in the 8th inning. And if he was the last guy standing, then that's a terrible job of managing a bullpen if you're using your last available reliever to start the 8th inning.
Wait, you're not talking about Scott Servais here now. :LOL:

Chapow

Reaction score
Wait, you're not talking about Scott Servais here now. :LOL:

Nope, don't think I've ever seen Servais hang a reliever out to dry that badly before. As much as I enjoyed watching the M's tack on a bunch of runs there, I was actually starting to feel a little bad for that guy.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nope, don't think I've ever seen Servais hang a reliever out to dry that badly before. As much as I enjoyed watching the M's tack on a bunch of runs there, I was actually starting to feel a little bad for that guy.
Well, there's no crying in baseball. 🤷‍♂️

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Bregman being in a contract year.. could be available and a trade rumor floating has Hancock for Bregman. Breg is having a down season, but, he seems to have always been clutch, might not be a bad trade.

Chapow

Reaction score
Bregman being in a contract year.. could be available and a trade rumor floating has Hancock for Bregman. Breg is having a down season, but, he seems to have always been clutch, might not be a bad trade.

I have a pretty wild idea. Now, I know this is pretty crazy, but hear me out here. If we're going to trade away some of our young pitching talent, how about getting someone that's actually playing well, not someone that's having a down year.

I'm kind of just kidding around, but at the same time I'm not a big fan of the idea of trading for a guy that's having a bad season and, I don't know, just hoping he all of a sudden starts playing better once he gets here.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I have a pretty wild idea. Now, I know this is pretty crazy, but hear me out here. If we're going to trade away some of our young pitching talent, how about getting someone that's actually playing well, not someone that's having a down year.

I'm kind of just kidding around, but at the same time I'm not a big fan of the idea of trading for a guy that's having a bad season and, I don't know, just hoping he all of a sudden starts playing better once he gets here.
I understand, that said, Bregman has been pretty solid year in and out, I doubt he will continue his off year. We have 5 solid pitchers.. I'm not to excited about Hancock, of course, he's still very young.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn, that was a fun game. A true rollercoaster. FINALLY, the offense bails out a rare bad pitching night. Needs to happen a lot more.
Side note: I don't care about the batting average; Cal is flat out clutch.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Another double digit strikeout game. Would be a miracle if we won this one. Hopefully they split the series .

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Kirby was a bit off tonight. Not missing bats like he usually does. Usually solo HRs don't hurt you that much, but when you give up 3 in 2 innings it gets the game off to a bad start. Servais pulled him early because he wasn't getting it done. 🤷‍♂️

Would be nice if they could string games with good hitting together instead of this on-again, off-again shit. :p

Cal with another big hit late in the game, but not enough this time around.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Would be nice if they could string games with good hitting together instead of this on-again, off-again shit. :p
We are leading the MLB in offensive batter strikeouts now.

There's a lot more to the offense than SOs but it's not a good thing.

stack55

Reaction score
The Rangers also moved up to first place in the division.

The Mariners will need to keep the pressure on to stay up.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Twins are a better club. Simple as.
Baldelli > Servais.
No debate.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Guess Ms are going to have to rely on the other team's embarrassing outfield car accidents, like the Martin-Julien one that just happened in the second inning, to have any hope of scoring.

Latest posts