Sherm's Response to Bruce Arians...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
canfan":3evdtllu said:

No doubt Arians felt this play by Palumalu that saved his ass when he was the OC for Pittsburg was "bad for football" also

Great find. Amazing no media folks brought this up.

I wonder if Cards fans and players are aware of his hypocrisy?

I would love to see the media have some fun with this.

ivotuk

Reaction score
canfan":4psdx3lc said:

No doubt Arians felt this play by Palumalu that saved his ass when he was the OC for Pittsburg was "bad for football" also

I'd forgotten about that :2thumbs:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ivotuk":3d45vl35 said:
canfan":3d45vl35 said:

I'd forgotten about that :2thumbs:

This gif and info need to get to Shiel Capadia (sp).

xgeoff

Reaction score
I'm not sure this was when Arians was the OC for Pittsburgh. He was the OC for Pittsburgh through 2011 and I think this incident happened in October of 2013.

12thbrah

Reaction score
I think Sherman could be a good defensive coordinator or head coach some day.

His article on the Tribune describing what its like to be a cornerback is a must read.

canfan

Reaction score
xgeoff":2gndwdv9 said:
I'm not sure this was when Arians was the OC for Pittsburgh. He was the OC for Pittsburgh through 2011 and I think this incident happened in October of 2013.

You are correct. I got the date wrong on it when I looked it up. My bad.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pacific101":3iyizxkc said:
I absolutely loved it when he launched himself up in the air, came down and smacked that ball out of play. I think it was Kam that pulled that off a year or two ago. If the NFL allows it then play it, whenever and wherever it might get us a turnover or stop the other team from scoring.

The one thing I do worry about is that if you start doing that too often, sooner or later one of the offensive linemen is going to reach up and grab a foot or ankle out from under the jumper and it could end up injuring him, your kind of venerable when you are up there in flight.

I have always wondered if a player, who were athletic enough could jump the line, catch the ball as it's rising up off the ground, and then run it all they down for a touchdown. I mean that is a perfectly legal play as far as my limited knowledge of the game goes.

As for Arian's comments, what difference does it make what he thinks. If the truth be told, he just wishes he had a player who was athletic enough to do the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already started one of his players working on it for Cardinals later this year. He hates any play that makes his team look silly, which accounts for just about every play in the book LMAO.

I was educating my 7 year old granddaughter on the fine points of football during the game, and she asked if all the coaches cried to the refs for the entire game like Arian does, and I told her, no, but he should give classes on his techniques, I think sometimes the refs throw flag just to shut him up for a minute.

If he grabs your foot, it's holding. That's an easy call in space with everyone watching.

Sure, you don't get the block, but you just added 10 yards to the FG attempt. I can see a guy sticking his arm out to trip someone, but you can't grab him anymore than you can grab a guy if you're laying on the ground and he's headed towards your QB.

Tical21

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2www9312 said:
Tical21":2www9312 said:
Bruce isn't wrong

That it's bad for football for a Defense to make a smart, athletic play?
That now we are going to see a rash of these. How many guys are going to try it this week? At the pro level, at the college level, at the high school level. As a coach, I saw it attempted one time, by an opposing player. The kid left the field in an ambulance without feeling in his legs. He luckily recovered, but not sure he ever played football again. They made a rule to protect the centers. Now guys are trying to jump over him. This will lead to injuries, and quickly. This move will be banned by all levels this offseason.