Sherman injury thread (Officially Out for season)

Josea16

Reaction score
Our season is over. Atlanta of all teams possible will be the lucky ones. I hate Atlanta and Quinn and hope New Orleans kill both of them.

Sucks to die a slow death rather then something like the 40ers. We are going to be something like 9-7 or 7-9 and in utter purgatory.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Emotionally drained tonight. This win was good but the night sucks.

I don't see much of us going far the rest of the way. Drew Stanton picked us apart at end. Like David Carr said "defensive scheme is vanilla." We have to face multiple high powered offenses.

Window is closing as much as I wish it'd stay open. Age catches up to everyone.

Josea16

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1mbvbvdy said:

I don't see much of us going far the rest of the way. Drew Stanton picked us apart at end. Like David Carr said "defensive scheme is vanilla." We have to face multiple high powered offenses.

Carr said that crap when he and his entire team was healthy, which they aren't now and before we have changed from majority zone to majority man coverage.

The Seahawks are far less vanilla then the casual fan thinks or the media keeps reporting.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Josea16":1tuld0yw said:
Shanegotyou11":1tuld0yw said:

Carr said that crap when he and his entire team was healthy, which they aren't now and before we have changed from majority zone to majority man coverage.

The Seahawks are far less vanilla then the casual fan thinks or the media keeps reporting.

David or Derek?

netskier

Reaction score
Hawks46":3reb25mm said:
Sherman is such a warrior. This game actually swayed me to go buy a Sherman jersey.

He went out there, fully knowing at some point in the season that his Achilles would pop. He also played most of the year babying it and not cutting on it fully.

I missed some news I guess. How did Sherman know that "at some point in the season that his Achilles would pop."

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The only thing I'm clinging to is that Sherman was a 5th rounder only playing because Trufant got injured. It's time for someone else to step up. Simple as.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
go get byron maxwell.... NOW.

with him, shead coming back, and griffin we may be good enough to get by

JerHawk81

Reaction score
End of an era. Sherman is one of the greatest CBs, greatest defensive players, and greatest Seahawks of all time. The guy's a warrior and a champion.

No matter what the future holds for him or for the team, I think tonight was the end of an era.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Geez lots of overly dramatic doomsday posts in this thread.

I share concerns of course, but lets actually wait for the hawks to get dominated before we declare the season over, shall we?

And can we wait for Sherman to not ever return to his former self before we declare his era over?

Disappointment over losing one of our top players is understandable. Declaring seasons and eras over 12 hours later seems a bit premature

classicaaron

Reaction score
completely sucks. when he went down the game stopped mattering. to be optimistic maybe he will be wally pipped. I highly doubt it but one can pray.

with that stretch of Eagles, Jags, Rams, Cowboys not to mention the Falcons next week I don't know how they make it through with more than 2 wins. a wild card spot may be possible, division winner is a stretch, and 1 or 2 seed is completely lost now.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3gcnmv1y said:

I share concerns of course, but lets actually wait for the hawks to get dominated before we declare the season over, shall we?

And can we wait for Sherman to not ever return to his former self before we declare his era over?

Disappointment over losing one of our top players is understandable. Declaring seasons and eras over 12 hours later seems a bit premature

Thanks for this.

We all know Sherman is a huge loss, but geeez- give the situation a chance to play out.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
classicaaron":2ni4k9k2 said:
completely sucks. when he went down the game stopped mattering. to be optimistic maybe he will be wally pipped. I highly doubt it but one can pray.

with that stretch of Eagles, Jags, Rams, Cowboys not to mention the Falcons next week I don't know how they make it through with more than 2 wins. a wild card spot may be possible, division winner is a stretch, and 1 or 2 seed is completely lost now.

We also still play the niners and cards again.

you don't think we win any of those mentioned games? Just one?

Again, lets not be dramatic. 10-11 wins may be very attainable. Lets wait and see how they play before we get so dramatic.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Atlanta is not the same as they were last year. Sark is messing up the play calling and Ryan has gone back to being the average QB he's always been. I think the players are being affected, watching Julio let a game winning TD in the end zone last weekslip through his arms uncovered and the ball delivered accurately was simply jaw dropping.

Pete spent years overseeing Sark at USC and he knows his tendencies. I think the Falcon game is going to be close, we still have lots of weapons and I think the team will step up next week, we also have three extra days to prepare.

But long term, yeah, Sherman is going to be sorely missed, in part for his play, in part for his intellectual leadership, he is just really smart. Some intangibles just can't be emulated. Richard is one-of-a-kind.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3e4qac5w said:
classicaaron":3e4qac5w said:

We also still play the niners and cards again.

you don't think we win any of those mentioned games? Just one?

Again, lets not be dramatic. 10-11 wins may be very attainable. Lets wait and see how they play before we get so dramatic.

oh I think we definitely beat the niners and cards should be a win. that's why I didn't list them. im just saying out of the five games I listed I could see 2 wins. so that makes us 10-6 which will most likely yield a wild card spot, will be at least a game short of the division and like 3 or 4 games back of the 1 seed.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Sherman is a damn hero in my books and a team first player. Having said that I would rather him get healed up and come back next year healthy. Of course we won’t be able to replace him with any of our other options but I think earl is the cog in the backfield it is much more devastating not playing with him back there

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Have to go get Maxwell. No one else makes sense this late in the year.

I think this torpedoes any Super Bowl hopes for us this year. Just hope this wasn't the last time we saw Richard Sherman in a Seahawk uniform

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkpower":edvpkb3b said:

We had this same reaction after Earl broke his leg too.

I get taking the positive approach, and I appreciate the glass is half-full people -- but this is a monumental injury for this team. Only losing Earl or Russ for the year would compare IMO.

If they overcome this and make a run .. I'd be floored.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Are achilles tears career threatening? I thought they were a ~6 month healing period and then able to return to full activity. He was able to walk off on his own and it's not a medical emergency so he was able to stay on the sideline. I know he's getting older but he's still one of the best in the league, can't see this causing his play to fall completely off.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We lost a CB and the season is over?

If this team can’t overcome that then they werent very good to begin with. Sherman is a fantastic corner and I’m well enough aware of his impact to the team and the impact of a great corner

But he’s still a corner.. and the team should be able to adjust.

Will they? Not sure I have faith in the coaches

Latest posts