Steve2222

Reaction score
scutterhawk":37bj825l said:
Steve2222":37bj825l said:
scutterhawk":37bj825l said:
Hasselbeck":37bj825l said:
It's a JOKE .. calm down. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apparently Steve2222 didn't get it eh?

I have no shame admitting our QB can be a little dorky.
Dorky?, that's YOUR opinion..... as for me, I see that he's chosen to NOT follow some goofy trends, such as not wearing his bb cap turned around, or wearing one with the bill flattened.....Like Kaepernick and a few other "DORKY'S" do.

First of all there is nothing wrong with wearing a cap backwards (which I've seen him do) and he's most definitely worn a flat bill. And I take it you haven't seen his Blade "vampire slayer" outfit he wore before the Bengals game I believe.

Also, I'm sure he would admit he's a bit of dork. There's nothing wrong with that lol.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I mean if we're following the "Richard Sherman who you should like and dislike" model the only players we would probably be able to dislike are Michael Crabtree and possibly Darrell Revis seeing as those are likely the only players he has beef with.

Sherman is way off on this. He's not looking at it through the lens of a Seahawks fan but as a peer to Newton. Any sane Seahawks fan realizes writing a nasty letter to Cam or signing a petition to ban him from CentLink is unacceptable and cheesy. But disliking him because he's a cocky rival to our team is healthy and what makes being a fan great. Jets fans hate Tom Brady because he's cocky and a rival to the Jets. I'm sure Tom Brady is a great guy off the field.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":1u98kege said:
I mean if we're following the "Richard Sherman who you should like and dislike" model the only players we would probably be able to dislike are Michael Crabtree and possibly Darrell Revis seeing as those are likely the only players he has beef with.

Sherman is way off on this. He's not looking at it through the lens of a Seahawks fan but as a peer to Newton. Any sane Seahawks fan realizes writing a nasty letter to Cam or signing a petition to ban him from CentLink is unacceptable and cheesy. But disliking him because he's a cocky rival to our team is healthy and what makes being a fan great. Jets fans hate Tom Brady because he's cocky and a rival to the Jets. I'm sure Tom Brady is a great guy off the field.
It's very true that players and fans have totally different perspectives on how they view other players. NFL is a business and they are all employees of that business. They may go after each other on the field but off the field they are part of the fraternity of NFL players. They hang out, support each others' charities, and have respect for one another. Competition on the field; cooperation off it.

As fans we dislike opposing players because they play on opposing teams. Often the better the player, the more we dislike him. We'll interpret anything we see in a negative light if it comes from a rival and in a positive light if it comes from one of our guys.

In the same way, we are huge fans of a player while he is with us, but often turn on him the moment he departs. We resent players for making business decisions that their peers completely understand and support.

If Kearse goes on to a big contract for another team, our guys will be happy for him for making some money. Sure, they will miss him, but they also see a friend being well paid. The fans, however, will burn him in effigy.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Exactly. We're coming to the age where we must cheer for any player that is a model citizen off the field (which is like 90% of the players). Just because Cam gives footballs to little kids after he scores or is good friends with a sick kid with cancer doesn't negate our disdain for him as a player. Again, I dislike him as a football player. I don't hate him as a person or wish ill regards his way (other than losing and putting up bad stats).

kobebryant

Reaction score
Agreed.

Personally, I definitely look at it through the players perspective more so than a fans. A more analytical and measured view, if you will.

While I love when the Hawks win, I don't particularly root against other teams or players per se.

I have a hard time building up a good hate for non-criminal athletes who put their bodies on the line for our entertainment and contribute to the extent that they do to community initiatives and the tax base.

A healthy competitive respect is how I always see it. Even Harbaugh and Kaep.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ivotuk":1o14ah0p said:
francois.nc":1o14ah0p said:
The guy has the most yards from scrimmage in the history of the league in first 5 years, what more does he half to do?

Relax man. You can't expect an opposing fan base to fall in love with your QB. He's the competition, and while we have a healthy respect for him, not everyone is going to love him. Especially after he showed up in those pants that he paid $850.00 for!

I have argued for Cam in talks regarding Luck and Wilson because he wasnt being brought up even those if you measured them up he should of been in the conversation and honestly IMO was always better than Luck

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7gsfwo5s said:
Largent80":7gsfwo5s said:
Sgt. Largent":7gsfwo5s said:
Largent80":7gsfwo5s said:
Russell Wilson would never do these things that make Newton hated. Nor would Steve Largent. Just score on you and flip the ball to the official. It's called CLASS.

No Wilson just does super corny and weird stuff that makes everyone laugh at him behind his back.

Like WHAT?

Really? We're going here?

Just last week he googled romantic sayings to quote to Ciarra online, and everyone lol'd and made jokes out of him for the entire week.

The Batman pic, the Mexico pic, the I'm ur grandpa in Hawaii wearing white tennis shoes pic, the I'm Neo from the Matrix pic.

This can't be news that Wilson is corny as hell and comes off weird online.

So stuff he does in his personal life that is completely fine?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1z0kwkou said:
Steve2222":1z0kwkou said:

It's very true that players and fans have totally different perspectives on how they view other players. NFL is a business and they are all employees of that business. They may go after each other on the field but off the field they are part of the fraternity of NFL players. They hang out, support each others' charities, and have respect for one another. Competition on the field; cooperation off it.

As fans we dislike opposing players because they play on opposing teams. Often the better the player, the more we dislike him. We'll interpret anything we see in a negative light if it comes from a rival and in a positive light if it comes from one of our guys.

In the same way, we are huge fans of a player while he is with us, but often turn on him the moment he departs. We resent players for making business decisions that their peers completely understand and support.

If Kearse goes on to a big contract for another team, our guys will be happy for him for making some money. Sure, they will miss him, but they also see a friend being well paid. The fans, however, will burn him in effigy.

If Kearse leaves for a larger contract I wont blame him. He is criminally underrated by alot of people on this board..do people realize he is the leader of td receptions in the postseason in ALL of Hawks history..and he is leading by 2TD I believe. He has been arguably our best WR EVER in the postseason. He had one really bad game against the Packers but even then he redeemed himself. He has come down with huge catch after huge catch in the playoffs

Steve2222

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't hold anything against Kearse, Beast, or Kam if they were wearing different jerseys next year assuming they didn't start talking **** about the fanbase or something.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":ucjaleyc said:
scutterhawk":ucjaleyc said:
Newton doesn't have ANYTHING on Wilson when it comes to compassion for ailing children.

This post couldn't be any more ignorant. Good job.
It's technically accurate. Cam's community work could possibly equal that of Wilson, but it would be a stretch to say Cam does more.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
253hawk":36kiv410 said:
Newton threw 35 this year, but it's his 5th year, so those don't count for the 'first 4 seasons'. You take the 21 he threw from 2011 instead.
I know! Collins is throwing out Cam's 1st season and padding it with his 5th! COME-ON, MAN!! [emoji1]

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":14mmk84u said:
253hawk":14mmk84u said:
Well, it's only fair to compare the first 4 since Wilson hasn't played 5. But if you want, you can average his first 4 out and estimate a 5th season and he'd still be ahead by 14 TDs. Not bad for a guy on a team that runs almost as much as any other, plays behind a porous OL that he can't see over, and throws to UDFAs.

Seems silly to not include Cam's stats for this season, but honestly this is so trivial I'm over it.

Wilson is a great quarterback, a future hall of famer if he keeps it up.
No, it doesn't. This shows how much better Russ grasped the game, at this level, from the very beginning. Not Russ's fault that Cam didn't begin to 'get it' until his fifth season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2liya7lu said:
ivotuk":2liya7lu said:
francois.nc":2liya7lu said:
The guy has the most yards from scrimmage in the history of the league in first 5 years, what more does he half to do?

Relax man. You can't expect an opposing fan base to fall in love with your QB. He's the competition, and while we have a healthy respect for him, not everyone is going to love him. Especially after he showed up in those pants that he paid $850.00 for!

I have argued for Cam in talks regarding Luck and Wilson because he wasnt being brought up even those if you measured them up he should of been in the conversation and honestly IMO was always better than Luck
This x10!!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Did I just read that Kearse is arguably the greatest post season wr ever?

kjreid

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1r2ji379 said:
Cary Kollins":1r2ji379 said:
scutterhawk":1r2ji379 said:
Newton doesn't have ANYTHING on Wilson when it comes to compassion for ailing children.

This post couldn't be any more ignorant. Good job.
It's technically accurate. Cam's community work could possibly equal that of Wilson, but it would be a stretch to say Cam does more.

Cam does so much for kids and families in Carolina that I can't see why so many put on blinders. unlike a lot of Hawk fans I do like Cam Newton, I think he is a very good QB that is absolutely having fun on the field. It kills me that he helped Carolina beat Seattle but he hasn't done anything so extreme that he should be hated the way he is (except for beating the hawks)

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1iww42z9 said:
Cary Kollins":1iww42z9 said:
253hawk":1iww42z9 said:
Well, it's only fair to compare the first 4 since Wilson hasn't played 5. But if you want, you can average his first 4 out and estimate a 5th season and he'd still be ahead by 14 TDs. Not bad for a guy on a team that runs almost as much as any other, plays behind a porous OL that he can't see over, and throws to UDFAs.

Seems silly to not include Cam's stats for this season, but honestly this is so trivial I'm over it.

No, it doesn't. This shows how much better Russ grasped the game, at this level, from the very beginning. Not Russ's fault that Cam didn't begin to 'get it' until his fifth season.

Cam broke every one of Peyton's rookie passing records, so don't act like he was Tarvaris Jackson his rookie season.

Cam was the first overall pick, selected from a Panthers team that had just finished 2-14. Russell was a third rounder that fell into a team that was ripe with talent and on the verge of becoming one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen. Cam is/was asked to do a lot more than Wilson in regards to carrying the team, that's a fact. Don't be dense.

Sure Cam had some growing pains in terms of learning to deal with the media and being a leader, and I think that comes from only having ONE season as a starting QB in major college football. Of course, that one season he won the Heisman and the national title. Russ had years at NC State and Wisconsin to prepare for being the face of a franchise. Advantage Wilson on that one.

253hawk

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":37ip3p11 said:
Sure Cam had some growing pains in terms of learning to deal with the media and being a leader, and I think that comes from only having ONE season as a starting QB in major college football. Of course, that one season he won the Heisman and the national title. Russ had years at NC State and Wisconsin to prepare for being the face of a franchise. Advantage Wilson on that one.

Well, he could have had two seasons had he not sold out and entered the draft early, or even more than two had he not committed to a big time school like Florida, where Tebow was already on the roster and waiting to take over for Leak.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
austinslater25":n996y9b7 said:
Did I just read that Kearse is arguably the greatest post season wr ever?

Has there been a better WR in Seahawks history in the postseason?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1nzypo7w said:
HawKnPeppa":1nzypo7w said:
Cary Kollins":1nzypo7w said:
253hawk":1nzypo7w said:

Cam broke every one of Peyton's rookie passing records, so don't act like he was Tarvaris Jackson his rookie season.

Cam was the first overall pick, selected from a Panthers team that had just finished 2-14. Russell was a third rounder that fell into a team that was ripe with talent and on the verge of becoming one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen. Cam is/was asked to do a lot more than Wilson in regards to carrying the team, that's a fact. Don't be dense.

Ya the Seahawks were a great team after going 7-9 twice before Wilson and 4 and 5 wins the two years before that...Seahawks only had 23 wins in the 4 years before Wilson.....

Guarantee if Pete had went with Matt Flynn, Jackson again or kept an aging Hasselbeck as the starting QB the Seahawks would still be looking for a trophy

olyfan63

Reaction score
Steve2222":6qwik97b said:
I don't understand what is so wrong with disliking a player.
And noticed I used the word dislike and not hate? There's a difference. They only players that should garner hate are guys like Greg Hardy and Pacman Jones.

Just hate Hardy for being an idiot as a teammate, not for the phony DV crap that was pulled on him in Carolina by a mentally ill celebrity-stalking psychochick. The DV thing was a total sham as far as I can tell, but it does appear Hardy is not the best teammate. No wonder the Panthers were willing to move on; it was about Hardy's effect on team chemistry. For more background, see http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5187/greg-hardy

Can't argue with hating idiot Pacman.