Sherman backing Newton..

253hawk

Reaction score
I almost forgot how much a genius Newton is. But hey, who needs a free full ride of college to get an education when you can bail early and go to the NFL?

[youtube]2idvd1qebY0[/youtube]

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Cam graduated from Auburn last year, like he promised his mom he would.

And are you really hating on a guy for leaving school early to be drafted number 1 in the NFL?

In one week Cam earns what you probably make in ten years.

253hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, going back to get that sociology degree...that's a glorified high school class.

Just because he's overpaid (he's just having fun playing a kid's game, after all) doesn't mean I don't consider myself successful and content. I couldn't care less about money; I have plenty enough to pay what little bills I have and get to do whatever I want with the rest, should I feel like it. I'm sorry if my engineering contributions to society are deemed less worthy than the NFL's product.

You're seriously going to white knight this guy and use money as a comeback because I find him to be an insufferable moron? He's the same dumb jock douche as he was in high school, only he's getting paid now (well, paid more anyway, we'd have to ask his daddy about that.)

253hawk

Reaction score
Uh, I played many sports in high school. I still play in rec leagues. There's a lot of things I could probably school Newton on, because he's only ever focused on one sport. But that's not the point.

Why would my feelings be hurt? Why do you need care that not everyone loves your tiny-eared QB? If there's anyone that needs feel-aids, it ain't me. But maybe I'm wrong and someday I'll look back and see that I was way off. Hindsight is 50/50, after all. (Is he getting his sound bytes from Dubya?)

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I hope Denver makes Carolina look like Denver two years ago. Then these types of posters can disappear.

253hawk

Reaction score
Well it must have worked, because he edited his post and took that part out. I guess only jocks can attract girls (and clearly the non-shallow kind) in high school though? Not really sure what angle that was supposed to work from.

nash72

Reaction score
I cant stand the guy. I don't give a crap about how many balls or shoes he gives to kids (tons of players do that, Newton just happens to be a high profile player), but his mouth and antics cause me to hate him. Hopefully someday he matures and acts like the person he wants people to treat him as.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
253hawk":3a8ltkby said:
I almost forgot how much a genius Newton is. But hey, who needs a free full ride of college to get an education when you can bail early and go to the NFL?

[youtube]2idvd1qebY0[/youtube]

:lol:

I mean c'mon, you give enough press conferences in a room full of reporters, everyone will say some thing stupid eventually. Just being human.

But.... the part where he couldn't recite an Auburn play to Gruden? Uuummm ok? That's weird right? :?

kobebryant

Reaction score
nash72":2xblp5am said:
his mouth and antics cause me to hate him.

What did he say that you don't like? What "antics" cause you to hate him?

I'd say that hate is an irrationally strong emotion to feel towards a non-criminal who plays a game for a living. Especially one who gives more to the community than the general population and contributes a significant amount to the tax base.

253hawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1dwxrvbo said:
:lol:

I mean c'mon, you give enough press conferences in a room full of reporters, everyone will say some thing stupid eventually. Just being human.

But.... the part where he couldn't recite an Auburn play to Gruden? Uuummm ok? That's weird right? :?

It's like when the Raiders gave Jamarcus Russell a blank DVD and said there was a game plan on it for him to watch and he said "it looked good".

Put him on the spot? He can play in front of tens of thousands of people and millions more watching on TV with the play clock ticking down but he can't sit down with one guy and answer a simple question? How dumbed-down was the playbook for him at Auburn that he can't even come up with a single play? What a meathead.

kobebryant":1dwxrvbo said:
nash72":1dwxrvbo said:

I'd say that hate is an irrationally strong emotion to feel towards a non-criminal who plays a game for a living. Especially one who gives more to the community than the general population and contributes a significant amount to the tax base.

Plenty of athletes who were the greatest at their positions have been hated purely as the players they were, not as the people they are. We're simply talking about their 'brand'. Surely there's some athletes that you can't stand, regardless of their off-field godliness.

Well I would hope he could give more back than us poor folk, being that he makes more in a single game regardless of how terrible he does than most Americans make in their entire lives after busting their ass for 40+ years just to keep roofs over heads and food on the table. Get out of here with that crap.

kobebryant

Reaction score
kobebryant":wbcck8ha said:
nash72":wbcck8ha said:

Plenty of athletes who were the greatest at their positions have been hated purely as the players they were, not as the people they are. We're simply talking about their 'brand'. Surely there's some athletes that you can't stand, regardless of their off-field godliness.

Well I would hope he could give more back than us poor folk, being that he makes more in a single game regardless of how terrible he does than most Americans make in their entire lives after busting their ass for 40+ years just to keep roofs over heads and food on the table. Get out of here with that crap.

I get it, but for me anyway, hate is far too strong of an emotion to conjure up for a professional athlete.

I undestand your 2nd point too, and I'm not suggesting that he is a better person than the general public because he earns more money. I'm just citing the extent that he gives back to society to present him as someone who is far and away a net positive to this world and really shouldn't be the target of hate.

Peyton Manning has significantly worse transgressions in his past then anything Cam has going against him. Yet a certain amount of the populace is buying into this qb matchup as Peyton being the 'good guy'.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":2n5i9jqq said:
kobebryant":2n5i9jqq said:
Peyton Manning has significantly worse transgressions in his past then anything Cam has going against him. Yet a certain amount of the populace is buying into this qb matchup as Peyton being the 'good guy'.
And we all hated Manning going into the Super Bowl and only softened once we had pummeled his Broncos 43-8. I am sure had we beaten Carolina we'd have focused our fire on Palmer and then on Manning. Anyone standing between us and the Lombardi is a bad guy.

Carolina looks to be a rival for a few years. We are not going to like their QB.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Did anyone see Cam's MVP acceptance video? He said the rehearsed part, did his typical 5sec loss of focus/words, but the ending cracked me up. "and to the haters, thank you for getting me to were I am today....DAB (complete with motion)!" LMAO!!

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Just watched an interview on NFL network w J Norman. She asks about a preseason camp fight w Newton.
Norman stated the fight derived from Cam beating his defense repeatedly and then dancing and celebrating too much. Pissed Norman off. So he tried harder and picked Cam off. Cam went after him and then the fight happened.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Down by 6 points, Super Bowl on the line. Wouldn't go into the pile to fight for a fumble. Do I need to know anything more about his character?

All you Cam supporters: How is that even defensible?