Sherman backing Newton..

Torc

Reaction score
Steve2222":2p05ghpi said:
Torc":2p05ghpi said:
I've got respect for Cam, this year he has apparently taken the mopey-towel-over-the-head Cam and shelved him. He's obviously made a decision to be more of a leader on his team and the results show on the field. The difference in his game is the maturity.

That being said, the next time a fan gets scared by a 6'5" 250lb athlete walking over to them, ripping their sign out of their hands and destroying it, I hope they sue him, the team, and the NFL for allowing it. That's not the experience they're paying to see. The dancing is arguable. His assaults on fans are not.

Jesus dude. I have no idea what to say. I'm sorry for your victim mentality you have though. You're a kind of person who would sue McDonalds over hot coffee burning your tongue huh?

Umm......completely different. I would EXPECT to get a hot coffee from McDonalds. I don't expect to have someone destroy my property at a football game.

I don't like it when a player (QB/WR whatever) celebrates every time they make a good play (WRs signaling first down when they catch a 3 yard pass are a pet peeve), but I don't think it should be banned. But players need to recognize that the NFL is a business, and the fans are their customers. They're paying for a fun experience, and they're paying the player salaries. I don't really think someone should sue him....I think the NFL (or the Panthers) should let him know it's not appropriate before it gets to that point.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Torc":aiwizxlw said:
Steve2222":aiwizxlw said:
Torc":aiwizxlw said:
I've got respect for Cam, this year he has apparently taken the mopey-towel-over-the-head Cam and shelved him. He's obviously made a decision to be more of a leader on his team and the results show on the field. The difference in his game is the maturity.

That being said, the next time a fan gets scared by a 6'5" 250lb athlete walking over to them, ripping their sign out of their hands and destroying it, I hope they sue him, the team, and the NFL for allowing it. That's not the experience they're paying to see. The dancing is arguable. His assaults on fans are not.

Jesus dude. I have no idea what to say. I'm sorry for your victim mentality you have though. You're a kind of person who would sue McDonalds over hot coffee burning your tongue huh?

Umm......completely different. I would EXPECT to get a hot coffee from McDonalds. I don't expect to have someone destroy my property at a football game.

I don't like it when a player (QB/WR whatever) celebrates every time they make a good play (WRs signaling first down when they catch a 3 yard pass are a pet peeve), but I don't think it should be banned. But players need to recognize that the NFL is a business, and the fans are their customers. They're paying for a fun experience, and they're paying the player salaries. I don't really think someone should sue him....I think the NFL (or the Panthers) should let him know it's not appropriate before it gets to that point.

Your property being a 12" 12th man flag that cost at most $20? I'm sure they'll be alright seeing they bought a $150 playoff ticket. Plus that guy has a story to tell the rest of his life. I doubt it was a traumatic experience.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
francois.nc":1cvqeegw said:
I didn't care for his super in your face bravado

Good thing Cam isn't like this...you wouldn't care for him then.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ixbx4zl said:
12thbrah":1ixbx4zl said:
The bravado this years Panthers team has makes the 2013 Seahawks look like choir boys. At least our QB doesn't have to wear women's pants to get attention.

720x405 R1243 NFL Wilson D

russellwilsonjeans.jpg

Not sure that's a bridge worth crossing.
What the hell "Bridge" are you talking about? :roll:
It's lame as hell reading this kind of petty crap from opposing fans, but from Seahawks fans?.....Zero excuses for it.
Just like the phony folks that are trying to make some big whoop-ti-do about RW wearing a Batman costume on Halloween, or wearing a Hawaiian shirt while in HAWAII ?!!? there's no damned "Bridge"......LAME.

Steve2222

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2ty7sk4w said:
Hasselbeck":2ty7sk4w said:
12thbrah":2ty7sk4w said:
The bravado this years Panthers team has makes the 2013 Seahawks look like choir boys. At least our QB doesn't have to wear women's pants to get attention.

russellwilsonjeans.jpg

It's lame as hell reading this kind of petty crap from opposing fans, but from Seahawks fans?.....Zero excuses for it.
Just like the phony folks that are trying to make some big whoop-ti-do about RW wearing a Batman costume on Halloween, or wearing a Hawaiian shirt while in HAWAII ?!!? there's no damned "Bridge"......LAME.
The Hawain shirt is not the problem. The Hawain shirt plus the dad pants is another story.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1by9a5k2 said:
Hasselbeck":1by9a5k2 said:
12thbrah":1by9a5k2 said:

russellwilsonjeans.jpg

It's a JOKE .. calm down. :lol: :lol: :lol:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
kearly":2ayg2sdd said:
Couldn't have said it any better myself. What Sherman said, that is. If Cam was a Seahawk and winning games, Seahawks fans would love him (and Panthers fans would hate him).
Not exactly a revolutionary concept though.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
francois.nc":1j39ioed said:
The guy has the most yards from scrimmage in the history of the league in first 5 years, what more does he half to do?
Half to do?

chris98251

Reaction score
I kind of see Wilson and Newton like this. As far as personality.

freshprince-2.jpg

Sealake80

Reaction score
Sherman is correct and I'm glad he represents our team.

Have fun Cam! Enjoy the moment.

We are taking you down next year!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
francois.nc":noaz0vi1 said:
The guy has the most yards from scrimmage in the history of the league in first 5 years, what more does he half to do?

'Half' was obviously a Freudian slip because piling up yards is only 'half' the battle if you don't get the points go with them. Yards from scrimmage are far from the entire picture. Many losses come despite grunches of 'yards from scrimmage' between the 20yd lines.

Going with the assumption that the Panthers D has been pretty good since Cam has been there, we can further assume that it all came together for him when his offensive line became all-world. Russ has never had that luxury, yet he's managed to have better numbers across the board (minus the nearly-meaningless 'yards from scrimmage' figure from a mobile QB in a spread, RO offense!).

Cam SHOULD be doing VERY well behind an OL that is AT LEAST ranked top 10 in all categories this season! Play badly behind that OL, and you shouldn't be a starting QB in this league.

First four years (Sorry, Wilson drafted one year later):

W/L record
Newton: 29-31-1
Wilson: 46-18-0
TD
Newton: 82
Wilson: 106
INT
Newton: 54
Wilson: 34
Rating
Newton: 85.4
Wilson: 101.8!
Sacks
Newton: 152
Wilson: 164
Yards from scrimmage
Newton: 16997
Wilson: 16404

Does having 600 more yards from scrimmage, over four years, compensate for having noticeably lower numbers in areas that actually count for something?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Cam's aight. His play on the field has been very good this year. His preening and moping, not so much.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hoxrox":3k6b5v2e said:
Cam's aight. His play on the field has been very good this year. His preening and moping, not so much.

I will give him props for this season for sure. Not many QB's learn as quickly as Wilson. In Cams fifth season, it looks like his game is finally starting to round out. It will be interesting to see how he handles the withering pass rush from Denver, if they can get home consistently. Another aspect I wonder about is leadership. Cam is using a style of leadership that is "more buddy, buddy than gutty, gutty (Drake, 2005)" Sort of like the team is handing out with the cool kid on the block and doing what he does with all of the antics.. I wonder what will happen when they start to lose games, and it ceases to be very fun. Will he man up and say what needs to be said; do what needs to be done when he has no reason to dab and take group photos,.... or will he return to the old Cam pouting beneath the towel?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1tz34c8h said:
scutterhawk":1tz34c8h said:
Hasselbeck":1tz34c8h said:
12thbrah":1tz34c8h said:

russellwilsonjeans.jpg

Apparently Steve2222 didn't get it eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3e936oyh said:
francois.nc":3e936oyh said:

'Half' was obviously a Freudian slip because piling up yards is only 'half' the battle if you don't get the points go with them. Yards from scrimmage are far from the entire picture. Many losses come despite grunches of 'yards from scrimmage' between the 20yd lines.

Going with the assumption that the Panthers D has been pretty good since Cam has been there, we can further assume that it all came together for him when his offensive line became all-world. Russ has never had that luxury, yet he's managed to have better numbers across the board (minus the nearly-meaningless 'yards from scrimmage' figure from a mobile QB in a spread, RO offense!).

Cam SHOULD be doing VERY well behind an OL that is AT LEAST ranked top 10 in all categories this season! Play badly behind that OL, and you shouldn't be a starting QB in this league.

W/L record
TD
INT
Rating
Sacks
Yards from scrimmage

Does having 600 more yards from scrimmage, over four years, compensate for having noticeably lower numbers in areas that actually count for something?
Ya know?, the Panthers fans probably could have done without all these pertinent facts.....They're probably also unaware that Wilson has been visiting the Children's hospital on a regular basis since coming to Seattle..........Newton doesn't have ANYTHING on Wilson when it comes to compassion for ailing children.
Not knocking Newton, just sayin'.
Wilson has also been the catalyst for getting a bunch of his team mates and their kin together in the Off-Season on California beaches, & in Hawaii in the last few Years, so's to try'n build some comraderie. (sp.), and he's done it with a very small bankroll, and a big heart.

Steve2222

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3rx3k628 said:
Hasselbeck":3rx3k628 said:
Apparently Steve2222 didn't get it eh?

I have no shame admitting our QB can be a little dorky.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
scutterhawk":lk5vn45h said:
Newton doesn't have ANYTHING on Wilson when it comes to compassion for ailing children.

This post couldn't be any more ignorant. Good job.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1o2pxdcc said:
francois.nc":1o2pxdcc said:

W/L record
TD
INT
Rating
Sacks
Yards from scrimmage

How did you come up with that touchdown number?

Newton has over 120 touchdowns since 2012 including rushing TDs.