Sherman and Baldwin Can be Crazy Sometimes

jhoeHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":7jgnv6qc said:
SoulfishHawk":7jgnv6qc said:
And what even more hilarious is how the local media is getting bent out of shape. Especially the Groz, calling it "chump" :roll:

Yeah, coming from the most overrated man on radio. Geez, when did the world become so sensitive all the sudden? They were having fun, oh the horror :roll:

Agreed, Groz always seems bent out of shape

The only thing Groz was ever decent for was putting Seattleites to sleep after the lunch hour when he was with KJR.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pq3vijq said:
English is correct, and Marshawn's contractually obligated to do it, and he knew that before he was ever drafted.

I love Beef Moe, but he's got no excuse to avoid the media like he does, no matter how uncomfortable it makes him. He knew the stakes and requirements when he joined the NFL.
Meh, $&%# the media. 8)

endzorn

Reaction score
There are videos of Lynch doing interviews in Buffalo early in his career and he was great. I think the silence stems from the fact that the media started painting him out to be a thuggish POS and he made a conscious decision to avoid them. Either way I really don't care if any player, or coach, talks to the media.

Do we learn anything from Harbaugh's painful pressers? Do we learn anything from Wilson? EVER? Is it really that important to get forcefed a load of cliches? Peyton Manning never says a damn thing and does it for 10 solid minutes.

If the NFL had a Charles Barkley then yeah, I'd make him talk to the media just so he could blast the people making him do it for my entertainment.

bigwrm

Reaction score
I don't know why people keep saying that Marshawn must have an "anxiety disorder". That's clearly nonsense if you listen to how teammates describe him or have followed him throughout his career. He's genuine, hilarious, a little eccentric, and is always going to do things his own way. I think he should just do Japanese candy interviews.

irocdave

Reaction score
Lol, mission accomplished, again. Sherman and Baldwin have Lynch's back, say what most players don't have the ability to say without being to direct, and put the Hawks back in the lime light. Bravo.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I feel it should have been saved for the off season. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

Sac

Reaction score
ZagHawk":34pvooae said:
I feel it should have been saved for the off season. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".
They'll get fined, and they'll also get payed by their sponsors. The money is probably in their favor on this one, and it gets a message across in a way that more approved methods would not.

253hawk

Reaction score
They're probably doing cartwheels over at Martinelli's.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
That Sherman / Baldwin bit was hilarious. Funny that the self-righteous are bent out of shape over it. They just showed it on TSN (our EPSN north of the border) and the anchors loved it. One anchor said "if TSN6 (they have launched 2-5) was all Richard Sherman all the time, I would watch it".

As for the NFL types criticizing Lynch, I don't see what he did much different than a Billicheck press conference where he answered every question with "On to Cincinnati" or gives one word answers like he does.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Wonder if this is what is really going on.

Lynch has been in the media a lot lately and we all know how much he dislikes the media as a whole. I it is safe to assume all of this attention makes him uncomfortable one way or another and he would rather just focus about the actual game of football.

Richard Sherman is comfortable not only being in the spotlight but also dealing with the media and being involved in controversies. We all have heard how the team came together last week and are now more focused as a team. Since this took place this afternoon how much have we heard about Lynch in the media and how much have we heard about Sherman. Lynch is now NOT in the spotlight were as his teammate are which we can say would make Lynch a bit more comfortable especially with a short week and no extra time for rest.

Perhaps I am over-thinking this but it appears to me its teammates helping teammates (remember three of the 6-7 names that were mentioned that came forward to get the team meeting going was Baldwin, Sherman, and Lynch.) Perhaps its just a coincidence but I think there may be some truth to what I am thinking.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
What is also amazing with this is how many people on all the message boards and forums that I visit are saying how their opinion on Sherman has changed from negative to positive based on what he did today.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I don't care to be grouped into the category of "fans will always side with their star players". I respect Marshawn due to his principles, that he doesn't feel regurgitating canned responses to reporters dumb questions is a productive exercise.

I feel bad for the guy, honestly, when he is being held hostage in his locker by reporters armed with "doing the NFL's bidding".

Last Super Bowl media day was enough for me to see that the media is 99% circus. And what they don't get out of him Sunday after the game, they'll make up on Monday and throw in their own uneducated opinion.

He probably sees the downside as too great to allow others into his life. Anyone who has seen the Marshawn behind the scenes knows this.

I feel it's media entitlement...nothing more.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This team has needed an us against the world attitude. This only helps.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Im happy Sherman did this. Puts him in the spotlight where he is comfortable and it takes some attention off of Marshawn.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
bigwrm":1yw1zfls said:
I don't know why people keep saying that Marshawn must have an "anxiety disorder". That's clearly nonsense if you listen to how teammates describe him or have followed him throughout his career. He's genuine, hilarious, a little eccentric, and is always going to do things his own way. I think he should just do Japanese candy interviews.

It's quite obvious you don't fully understand how ANXIETY works.
What causes one person to have anxiety varies from PERSON TO PERSON.
Take a Toastmasters class.

Latest posts