Jamal Adams brings Legion of Boom-like talent intensity back

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jamal Adams brings Legion of Boom-like talent, intensity back to Seahawks' secondary

With two Pro Bowls and a first-team All-Pro selection in three NFL seasons, Adams' pedigree is on a different level.

"There's so many things that he does well that we're excited about fitting that together as we move forward," coach Pete Carroll said last week. "It doesn't seem like uncharted territory for me at all because I've been very fortunate and have coached some really, really good safeties over the years, and I see traits of Jamal in all of those guys. He can do everything that we want a guy to do."

Carroll cited Hall of Famer Troy Polamalu, whom he coached at USC, as a good comparison for Adams, their dissimilar physical profile aside.

"There's some real similarities," Carroll said. "Forget the stature part of it, the way they look. It's the nature that they play with is similar. They play with such amazing confidence that when they see things, they go get things."

There was a ruthlessness that defined the Legion of Boom as much as talent. Brandon Browner, once the NFL's most physical cornerback, welcomed Terrell Owens to training camp by driving the future Hall of Famer into the turf, then stepping over him with an Allen Iverson-like punctuation.

Sherman shied away from no one and would tangle with anyone in practice, even his best friend, Doug Baldwin.

Thomas was so intense that he hardly cracked a smile during a 2013 press conference celebrating his record contract extension.

Chancellor was one of the league's most feared players, a team captain and a tone-setter on the field and in the locker room.

https://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seaha ... -secondary

Letsgo425

Reaction score
ivotuk":2o7liqk9 said:
Jamal Adams brings Legion of Boom-like talent, intensity back to Seahawks' secondary

With two Pro Bowls and a first-team All-Pro selection in three NFL seasons, Adams' pedigree is on a different level.

"There's so many things that he does well that we're excited about fitting that together as we move forward," coach Pete Carroll said last week. "It doesn't seem like uncharted territory for me at all because I've been very fortunate and have coached some really, really good safeties over the years, and I see traits of Jamal in all of those guys. He can do everything that we want a guy to do."

Carroll cited Hall of Famer Troy Polamalu, whom he coached at USC, as a good comparison for Adams, their dissimilar physical profile aside.

"There's some real similarities," Carroll said. "Forget the stature part of it, the way they look. It's the nature that they play with is similar. They play with such amazing confidence that when they see things, they go get things."

There was a ruthlessness that defined the Legion of Boom as much as talent. Brandon Browner, once the NFL's most physical cornerback, welcomed Terrell Owens to training camp by driving the future Hall of Famer into the turf, then stepping over him with an Allen Iverson-like punctuation.

Sherman shied away from no one and would tangle with anyone in practice, even his best friend, Doug Baldwin.

Thomas was so intense that he hardly cracked a smile during a 2013 press conference celebrating his record contract extension.

Chancellor was one of the league's most feared players, a team captain and a tone-setter on the field and in the locker room.

https://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seaha ... -secondary

in my opinion with jordyn brooks on a rookie deal (apparently the next bobby wagner) he can transfer the cap from wagner to adams and we can live with that for the next 1-3 years?

Letsgo425

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1r6vwq5y said:
Brooks has yet to play a down in NFL and you're already ready to shuck Wagner? Sheesh.
That's like buying a car without even taking a test drive. Will it start?

Aw yee that;s like saying we can replace the exhaust with a straight pipe when nobody ever said that YEE YEE/ Imagine replacing a high performance part with a newer part that could do the same acceleration at a lower price!!!!!

lmao i never compared brooks to wagner, only shared the likeness as MLB to the coach who coached BOTH OF THEM IN COLLEGE LOLOLOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhrUWu8_qDY

I never said to shuck wagz but if you can replace a part at half the expense without paying more, then sign me up!!! Wagz will be the Sea D for the next year or so until he gets replaced, that's how parts go!! Kind of like Brett Favre when he was as replaceable as Aaron Rodgers

Brooks is the next Wagner if he accepts a mentorship and learns to his full potentional, honestly this is a very good thing considering no one else is like Bobby W. at this point besides his apprentice, Brooks.

Edit: I loved Wagner since I learned about him in 2013, however we seldom learn about majestic mentor/mentee situations like this in sports to those who match up on an old-school to new-school similarity, and I see this as AMAZING and phenomenal to the Seahawks Defense

Latest posts