Sherman and Baldwin Can be Crazy Sometimes

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Bigbadhawk":1oljk88r said:
Wonder if this is what is really going on.

Lynch has been in the media a lot lately and we all know how much he dislikes the media as a whole. I it is safe to assume all of this attention makes him uncomfortable one way or another and he would rather just focus about the actual game of football.

Richard Sherman is comfortable not only being in the spotlight but also dealing with the media and being involved in controversies. We all have heard how the team came together last week and are now more focused as a team. Since this took place this afternoon how much have we heard about Lynch in the media and how much have we heard about Sherman. Lynch is now NOT in the spotlight were as his teammate are which we can say would make Lynch a bit more comfortable especially with a short week and no extra time for rest.

Perhaps I am over-thinking this but it appears to me its teammates helping teammates (remember three of the 6-7 names that were mentioned that came forward to get the team meeting going was Baldwin, Sherman, and Lynch.) Perhaps its just a coincidence but I think there may be some truth to what I am thinking.

I'd say you have a great '3rd Eye'. Spot on analysis.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
1. One of my thoughts would be "Why isn't he more concerned about getting ready for the Niners." But then I say, "Wow, how loose are these guys with such a big game coming in two days?" Farrr out!

2. Who can blame players from constantly being asked those stupid, "How does it feel to be back, or winning today's game, etc." questions. Do they really expect the player to respond with, "I hating winning today!"? :roll:

If the media wants better availability; they should ask better questions!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Meh...

Lynch is a grown man and he knows his obligations, whether he finds them agreeable or not. The choices are simple: Do the PCs or pay a fine.

I fully understand his reluctance to talk to the press in general. That said, he was a straight-up butt head to everyone in the room. I can understand how maybe he didn't want to show preferential treatment; however, there were a few people -Jen Mueller being one of them- that had very well thought out questions that did not seek to spin, slander or manipulate in any way. Just as Lynch doesn't like the 'thug' stereotype applied to himself, he should set an example by not treating everyone in the room as one collective ball of sh*t, because they are not.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
After watching Mike and Mike, I'd say Sherm and Baldwin's mission was accomplished.

firebee

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3m0e3u2h said:
Meh...

Lynch is a grown man and he knows his obligations, whether he finds them agreeable or not. The choices are simple: Do the PCs or pay a fine.

I fully understand his reluctance to talk to the press in general. That said, he was a straight-up butt head to everyone in the room. I can understand how maybe he didn't want to show preferential treatment; however, there were a few people -Jen Mueller being one of them- that had very well thought out questions that did not seek to spin, slander or manipulate in any way. Just as Lynch doesn't like the 'thug' stereotype applied to himself, he should set an example by not treating everyone in the room as one collective ball of sh*t, because they are not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, hasn't Lynch contacted M Rob and a few other people in the media after the games to do interviews. Didn't he talk to the media after the Chief's game, the game he got fined 100,000 dollars for not talking to the media for, because he didn't talk to the media as soon as the game was over. I'm reading this clause and it appears Lynch has followed the rules, unless their is some part in this clause that says the players have to talk to the media immediately after a game, which I'm not seeing. "post-game media availability" means after the game... It doesn't mean immediately after the game.

I'll agree to disagree with the last sentence in your post. Media maggots are collectively one ball of crap looking to sensationalize a quote, person or event for the purpose of their own story. Perhaps the POS media pundits that take things out of context to create bullcrap sensationalized stories and the NFL should examine the wording in the clauses they use. Based on the clause I saw, Lynch has fulfilled his obligations and, once again, the media has stretched the truth and sensationalized for their own purpose. I'm happy Sherman and Baldwin took shots at the NFL. It's about time some players start standing up and pointing out what a hypacritical POS league it's become under Goodell.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
tooshort":ejogd6dv said:
hawksfansinceday1":ejogd6dv said:
Sports Hernia":ejogd6dv said:
I bet this will get Rog and his cronies panties in a bunch.
Guessing that's exactly what they were trying to do.

How much you wanna bet on props being banned in press conferences by kickoff 2015?
No wager from me....I like to keep my money. :D

LymonHawk":ejogd6dv said:
........If the media wants better availability; they should ask better questions!
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!! :th2thumbs:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The timing was bad. Again offseason. You got the biggest game of the season coming up tomorrow, and you're going to create ANOTHER distraction.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
bigwrm":23din532 said:
I don't know why people keep saying that Marshawn must have an "anxiety disorder". That's clearly nonsense if you listen to how teammates describe him or have followed him throughout his career. He's genuine, hilarious, a little eccentric, and is always going to do things his own way. I think he should just do Japanese candy interviews.

[youtube]F_4X-thsaYc[/youtube]

watch from about 1:30 in and tell me what you think

hawkfan68

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1syj24j8 said:
The timing was bad. Again offseason. You got the biggest game of the season coming up tomorrow, and you're going to create ANOTHER distraction.

This is nothing like the Harvin distraction earlier in the year. That was a negative distraction. This is a positive distraction, it's taking away the spotlight from someone who doesn't want to be in it off the field. It's showing team camaraderie. It's bringing the team closer together.

Kap4president

Reaction score
As much as i cant stand Richard Sherman, i gotta admit i agree with what he said and i enjoyed it!
Took balls to do it!!

StoneCold

Reaction score
LymonHawk":xkhb41r7 said:
1. One of my thoughts would be "Why isn't he more concerned about getting ready for the Niners." But then I say, "Wow, how loose are these guys with such a big game coming in two days?" Farrr out!

2. Who can blame players from constantly being asked those stupid, "How does it feel to be back, or winning today's game, etc." questions. Do they really expect the player to respond with, "I hating winning today!"? :roll:

If the media wants better availability; they should ask better questions!

I have been thinking this is at the bottom of this whole issue and I don't think it's entirely the medias fault. What everyone wants to know about are tactics. What weaknesses does the other team have? What weaknesses does your team have. No one is going to say anything about any of that. So we get questions like, "After that bad play how did you feel?" Answer, bad. "After that great play how did you feel?" Answer, great. I think Lynch is too real to put up with answering stupid questions like these and so he prefers to avoid the situation. And if players and coaches are not going to talk about anything meaningful, the press goes after some personal angle. "Why were you screaming at Wilson during the game?" "What did you say?" "When Percy was traded why didn't you want to get on the bus?" Personally I don't know how you formulate a good question when all the "real" stuff is not going to be talked about.

SC

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Kap4president":v952lj1t said:
As much as i cant stand Richard Sherman, i gotta admit i agree with what he said and i enjoyed it!
Took balls to do it!!

Do you really believe Colin Kaepernick is a viable candidate to be President of the United States?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't get the "they should be focusing on the Niners" talk...are they supposed to be practicing or in the film room 24/7. Are they not allowed any down time to have some fun?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1e8ogatw said:
I don't get the "they should be focusing on the Niners" talk...are they supposed to be practicing or in the film room 24/7. Are they not allowed any down time to have some fun?

I agree. I really seriously doubt that they're taking this upcoming game lightly at all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":20xrwfwn said:
Kap4president":20xrwfwn said:
Took balls to do it!!

Do you really believe Colin Kaepernick is a viable candidate to be President of the United States?
He isn't old enough. :mrgreen:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
hawkfan68":18h5mbm3 said:
ZagHawk":18h5mbm3 said:

This is nothing like the Harvin distraction earlier in the year. That was a negative distraction. This is a positive distraction, it's taking away the spotlight from someone who doesn't want to be in it off the field. It's showing team camaraderie. It's bringing the team closer together.

Bingo.

Also this feels a little like an us vs them situation for the team. They thrive off that, they love that. This is a good thing people!! :th2thumbs:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":vhx3pb3v said:
theENGLISHseahawk":vhx3pb3v said:
Kap4president":vhx3pb3v said:
Took balls to do it!!

He isn't smart enough. :mrgreen:
FIFY

Barthawk

Reaction score
I thought it was kinda funny, but completely misdirected. If they are pissed about not being able to pimp their products, blame their union not the NFL. Also, Sherm needs to realize that he and the rest of brethren get 45% of the sponsorships the NFL has.

The more I think about it, it is embarrassing that Sherm and Doug don't realize their own collectively bargained obligations.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Barthawk":2y2kgoxn said:
I thought it was kinda funny, but completely misdirected. If they are pissed about not being able to pimp their products, blame their union not the NFL. Also, Sherm needs to realize that he and the rest of brethren get 45% of the sponsorships the NFL has.

The more I think about it, it is embarrassing that Sherm and Doug don't realize their own collectively bargained obligations.

No need to be embarrassed for them. They know exactly what is in the contract and what their obligations are. The point of their skit was to point out what they don't like about what is in the CBA.

SC

Latest posts