Shaun Alexander To Join Ring Of Honor

Aircrew

Reaction score
Meh. He's deserving but I don't really care. When Alexander was effective, he was a human highlight reel, albeit behind an all world o-line. Then he got paid and fell off an absolute cliff, he'd hit a hole softer than Charmin. And I still haven't forgotten the "stabbed in the back" comment Shaun made about Holmgren when he didn't get the rushing title was pretty shallow and Russell Wilson-esque. He's earned it, no question, but he's one of my least favorite Hawks.

Last edited:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I could have scored 27 Touchdowns running behind that line. But either way, Shaun got it done, and he's a famous part of the franchise history.

audioeffects

Reaction score
It is a transitional time where aspects of the Holmgren era are getting props again. Thankful for every bit of fun watching Seahawks Football Alexander brought to us.

BASF

Reaction score
Meh. He's deserving but I don't really care. When Alexander was effective, he was a human highlight reel, albeit behind an all world o-line. Then he got paid and fell off an absolute cliff, he'd hit a hole softer than Charmin. And I still haven't forgotten the "stabbed in the back" comment Shaun made about Holmgren when he didn't get the rushing title was pretty shallow and Russell Wilson-esque. He's earned it, no question, but he's one of my least favorite Hawks.

The falling off a cliff was due to being injured in the first game and believing "God will heal my foot" and playing on it further injuring it until Holmgren finally shut him down. It was stupidity at it's finest, but it wasn't cuz he got paid and lost his desire to hit a hole.

Aircrew

Reaction score
The falling off a cliff was due to being injured in the first game and believing "God will heal my foot" and playing on it further injuring it until Holmgren finally shut him down. It was stupidity at it's finest, but it wasn't cuz he got paid and lost his desire to hit a hole.
That's true, I had forgotten about the foot injury. His dropoff was also exacerbated by the departure of Hutch to Minnesota, which to me only further proves that a sizable portion of his productivity was due to that offensive line. I'd argue my niece could have picked up 600 yards and a baker's dozen TD's behind that line.

morgulon1

Reaction score
His first half against the Vikings in primetime (I want to say 2002) was possibly my favorite memory as a Seahawks fan. I laughed so hard during that. Much deserved honor; I'm surprised to learn he wasnt in already.
Do you remember Al Michaels at the start of the 3rd quarter?

"For those of you just joining us ,the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to beat the bejeeasus out of the Minnesota Vikings"

Laughed fo weeks 🤣

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Do you remember Al Michaels at the start of the 3rd quarter?

"For those of you just joining us ,the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to beat the bejeeasus out of the Minnesota Vikings"

Laughed fo weeks 🤣
I actually believe it was Paul McGwire that said it. Only intelligent thing he ever said.

Reactions: Rat

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It's been a long time , I hear it in Al Michael's voice tho. Maybe you're right.
I certainly wouldn't bet you.
I would only bet a small amount. I did some minor searching for it but couldn't find it. Only reason I'm partially sure was remembering the oddity of something useful coming out of that useless waste of a microphone. McGwire and Theisman were so effing annoying to listen to.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This thread started at the beginning of last season. SA already has been inducted and deservedly so. It happened last October -

He hurt his foot in the 2006 season and still ran for 896 yards after missing about 6 games. He probably hurt it more by trying to play on it as he injured it against the Lions (first game of the season) and after injuring it, he played in 2 more games on a broken foot. Yet to some, he was "soft". He also had a game where he ran for 201 yds on 40 carries later that season.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
His first half against the Vikings in primetime (I want to say 2002) was possibly my favorite memory as a Seahawks fan. I laughed so hard during that. Much deserved honor; I'm surprised to learn he wasnt in already.
FIVE TOUCHDOWNS in >ONE HALF < game, talk about getting the sh*t stomped out your Defense LOLOLOL!