Seattle vs. Atlanta matchups

treefidy

Reaction score
Natethegreat":pvpiwem5 said:
Julio is not passing the ball though. If Ryan wants to test Sherman I'm all for it. It will be a lot of fun to watch two of the best at their position(Julio and Sherman) go at it.

Ryan is the best QB in the league this season. He finally has protection, a run game and a center that can sure up the protections on the line.

Have you not seen his numbers this season?

116/168 - 69% - 1,740 yards, 10.36 ypp, 12 TDs, 2 Ints, 121.6 RAT

I'm not worried about who is passing the ball for the Falcons.

2_0_6

Reaction score
treefidy":1sxjyt74 said:
I honestly don't believe the Seahawks will shadow him with Sherman. It doesn't benefit them in any way.

Care to explain? For the better part of 2 seasons now he has followed the opponents #1 WR.

Our best against theirs.

Sounds like as a Falcons fan, that's what YOU want.

treefidy

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3q85721m said:
So what do you think the score will be?

I'm not ready to make a prediction yet. I wait until I feel confident in my decision. This is a pretty even match all things considered.

treefidy

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":34o7k2hl said:
Care to explain? For the better part of 2 seasons now he has followed the opponents #1 WR.

Our best against theirs.

He tends to hold every advantage over most teams #1. He doesn't over Julio. ZERO other teams have 2 backs that are capable of going for 100 yards rushing AND receiving, 3 TEs that can catch ANYWHERE on the field and 8 players that CATCH the ball every game.

It makes no sense to leave him on Julio 1v1. Julio is going to beat whoever is on him over and over if you leave him 1v1. No need for it to be Sherman.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Julio just may be the best player, of any sport, in the history of the world.

2_0_6

Reaction score
treefidy":3nvckh1b said:
Hawk_Nation":3nvckh1b said:

Our best against theirs.

ZERO other teams have 2 backs that are capable of going for 100 yards rushing AND receiving.

Pittsburgh
Cowboys

Just off the top of my head.

Look bud, you like your team I get it. I think that's great to have that much passion for a team, but at some point you really have to step back and also observe how good players are outside of your team. I would be willing to bet that almost every Hawks fan on here would LOVE to have Julio line up for us every week because we all know what type of game changer he is.

I would also be willing to bet that damn near all of your fan base (outside of maybe you) would say the same about Sherman and take the best CB in the NFL in a heartbeat.

I saw that you mentioned in an earlier post about the Seahawks "easy" schedule so far this year.

Lets just take a quick peek at yours:

Week 1:
Loss at home to Tampa Bay.
From what Tampa has shown, they are an 8-8 team at best.

Week 2:
Win at Oakland. Not going to lie, impressive win.

Week 3:
WIn at new Orleans
Drew Brees threw all over your secondary, for the nice number of 376 yards.
Your secondary and LB's are vulnerable.

Week 4:
Win at home against the Panthers.
That secondary is an absolute dumpster fire without Norman.
Cam Newton got concussed early in the game.
Jonathan Stewart did not play.
Derek Anderson

Week 5:
WIn against Denver, which we all know is a tough place to play.
Demarcus Ware did not play.
Rookie QB making his first ever NFL start.
A win is a win, but I wouldn't call it an impressive one.

Its going to be a good game on Sunday, but I just don't see a finesse high flying passing team come in here and beat us at our strength. Regardless of who wins, I hope we come out injury free.

treefidy

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3972ad2m said:
Pittsburgh
Cowboys

Look bud, you like your team I get it. I think that's great to have that much passion for a team, but at some point you really have to step back and also observe how good players are outside of your team. I would be willing to bet that almost every Hawks fan on here would LOVE to have Julio line up for us every week because we all know what type of game changer he is.

I would also be willing to bet that damn near all of your fan base (outside of maybe you) would say the same about Sherman and take the best CB in the NFL in a heartbeat.

I saw that you mentioned in an earlier post about the Seahawks "easy" schedule so far this year.

Lets just take a quick peek at yours:

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:
WIn at new Orleans

Week 4:
Derek Anderson

Week 5:

Its going to be a good game on Sunday, but I just don't see a finesse high flying passing team come in here and beat us at our strength. Regardless of who wins, I hope we come out injury free.

The Cowboys? They haven't had a back go for over 37 yards receiving this year. Their backs don't even have 100 yards receiving PERIOD... Dallas is a rushing team and their backs are power backs.

The Steelers? They have 1 back that is a legitimate receiving threat. He's great too. He also plays almost every offensive down. Period. Since he's been back, Deangelo Williams has zero receptions and 4 carries in 2 games...

I now know what I'm dealing with when debating you.

The fact that we've played two 4-1 teams that have only lost to us IN THEIR HOUSE, and you have played FOUR 1-4 teams, and you are attempting to attack our schedule in anyway, is laughable...

treefidy

Reaction score
Smellyman":21zrub0x said:

From the look of this forum, it's Richard Sherman, and NO ONE is better.

2_0_6

Reaction score
treefidy":3uiqv8gn said:
Hawk_Nation":3uiqv8gn said:
Pittsburgh
Cowboys

I would also be willing to bet that damn near all of your fan base (outside of maybe you) would say the same about Lets just take a quick peek at yours:
Sherman and take the best CB in the NFL in a heartbeat.

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:
WIn at new Orleans

Week 4:
Derek Anderson

Week 5:

you have played FOUR 1-4 teams, and you are attempting to attack our schedule in anyway, is laughable...

Rams are 1-4?

Hmmmnnn I thought they we 3-2?

Not attacking your schedule, just stating facts. Its obvious that you cant take critiscm of your team whatsoever.

You need to lighten up, Its. A. Game.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Meh.......

SEAHAWKS-KID.gif

ballard1951

Reaction score
These cocky Dirty Birds seem to believe that the outcome of the game will be decided by stats. Why bother to play, it will be played outdoors, and the weather will be horrible. Holy smokes, I can't wait for Sunday. This will be fun!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
They seem to have this mentality over in their forum that they are going to blow Seattle out of the water. They also seem to be regurgitating the same old game plan that every other team thinks is the key to winning against us, and that is keeping Wilson in the pocket. Wilson is severely underrated in the pocket, damn near surgical. Your best bet would probably be the the exact opposite, and that is to flush a hobbled Wilson and force him to throw on the run while maintaining a spy.

As far as blowing us out of the water? When was the last time Seattle has lost by more than 9 points? First one to answer correctly wins a beer. Treecuddler is buying.

I get that Atlanta has an high powered offense, but they're not the kind of team that generally gives Seattle fits. It's the low scoring, grind it out, hand in the mud bar fights that give us a run for our money.

NINEster

Reaction score
Largent80":2naxf0lb said:
Falcons may score a total of 9 (with luck) in Seattle. Their problem is the Seahawks will score over 30. Falcons are giving up an average of 28, To very weak offenses...... :179417:

You really don't think you could make the comparison that Miami scored 10 points so Atlanta should score more?

And I would be careful with inflating "bad" defensive stats -- allowing 28 PPG to average defenses when you're blowing them out is a lot different than a bad team that just can't do anything right.

If you really believe it's a game of matchups, then that needs to be held consistent with how teams actually game plan within games to score more or less points, run/pass more, tight D versus garbage time D.

Niners allowed 34 points to the Patriots in 2012 thriller, but at one point had them down to 3 points, up 31-3.

Every game is new, throw everything out prior.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
treefidy":57uf5177 said:
Smellyman":57uf5177 said:

From the look of this forum, it's Richard Sherman, and NO ONE is better.
He's arguably one of the best Db's in the league, he's a great receiving DB and Ryan will have to make perfect passes if he's to challenge him. There's a lot of great QB's in the league who just don't even bother trying, Rodgers for one, Manning for another, and Brady just to name a few and I'm sorry, but Ryan is not mentioned as far as I know when speaking of these QB's. Perhaps Julio is one of the best in the league, but he still needs his qb to perform, and if he doesn't I suspect and what I expect, we'll see a lot of Coleman screen passes.

Fade

Reaction score
$3.50

I am sorry we aren't scared of the Falcons. Get a defense then we can talk.

2016 NFC Superbowl Contenders
1Vikings (Great D)
2Seahawks (Great D)
3Packers (Good D)
4Eagles (Very Good D)
5Cowboys (Their O-Line is a game changer.)
6Cardinals (Good D) (They just need to play better on O)(Stop Turning it over)
7Rams (Great D) (Horrible O)
8Falcons (Great O) (Horrible D)

The Falcons still have a long way to go. The NFC South is terrible so at least you have that going for you. (Guaranteed a playoff spot.)

You're putting too much weight into that Broncos victory, and it's making you delusional. ATL caught them at the right time. A skittish Rookie QB making his 1st start, backup injured RT, allowing the Falcons to have a pass rush for once. ATL still only put up 23, and won by a measly touchdown despite those handicaps. The way you're talking, you would think ATL blew them out, and hung 35 on them.

The Falcons may go on to win 10, or 11 games, they are built to win in the regular season. Come playoff time though, that is when the big boy teams show up. The ones with the defenses.

PS Kyle Shanahan is an awesome OC, I am legit jelly, and wish RW had him.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
treefiddy, what exactly are you looking to accomplish here?

Julio is good, yes, but the Hawks are not going to double him. They'll most likely shade coverage and bracket him with ET.

Largent80

Reaction score
NINEster":3nrbni5f said:
Largent80":3nrbni5f said:
Falcons may score a total of 9 (with luck) in Seattle. Their problem is the Seahawks will score over 30. Falcons are giving up an average of 28, To very weak offenses...... :179417:

You really don't think you could make the comparison that Miami scored 10 points so Atlanta should score more?

And I would be careful with inflating "bad" defensive stats -- allowing 28 PPG to average defenses when you're blowing them out is a lot different than a bad team that just can't do anything right.

If you really believe it's a game of matchups, then that needs to be held consistent with how teams actually game plan within games to score more or less points, run/pass more, tight D versus garbage time D.

Niners allowed 34 points to the Patriots in 2012 thriller, but at one point had them down to 3 points, up 31-3.

Every game is new, throw everything out prior.

I THINK what I think. I think the Seahawks shut them down, end of my discussion here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
treefidy":3dhthoo3 said:
CodeWarrior":3dhthoo3 said:
We've seen countless fans like treefiddy. They never amount to much as their fledgling bravado wears thin remarkably quickly.

I'll just sum it up as I see it: your team is a soft, finesse, timing squad. We've had our way with far better offenses than yours.

Got this from Denver fans all last week as well. They not only told me they've had their way with far better offenses than ours, they said they used to have one.

You haven't, you won't and you were warned.

To be fair some of the stuff you said was slightly ridiculous. Denver's defense is much better? Your O-line will dominate our D-Line? Not saying in a one game setting you cant win that match up but I wouldn't say the odds are in your favor. This defense has been #1 4 straight years and is in the hunt for a 5th straight year this year. Take away the points in garbage time and we are best scoring defense and we absolutely shut down the run. I assume you think you're going to run wild on us apparently since you said you will dominate that match up?

Atlanta has played very well and last week surprised me. While you said Denver is better all around they are not capable of shutting down the run like we are so a little baffled by your stance. But regardless your offense is playing very well and I love what Coleman brings to the table. This will be a great matchup. The advantage Seattle has is that even if you're right and you're able to score points I see zero chance your defense can slow down Russell Wilson. You're defense is very pedestrian and that's being kind....Wilson is going to have a field day against you.

Let me ask you this. Which is more likely Wilson finding success against your defense or your offense finding success against our defense? Be objective here.