Seattle Mariners @ Boston Red Sox May 15-17

Ruminator

Reaction score
Perhaps you should give this idea its own thread and quit spamming the game day threads with it. This applies to the other posters who are doing the same.

Just sayin 🤷‍♂️
Time to start a fund to have a bunch of punching bags made with Wong's face on it so folks have alternate means to vent their frustrations on the guy.

Uhttps3A2F2Ftse1mmbingnet2Fth3Fid3DOIP

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps you should give this idea its own thread and quit spamming the game day threads with it. This applies to the other posters who are doing the same.

Just sayin 🤷‍♂️
There's several other ways you could've worded that, or simply kept scrolling. Looks like my time on the Ms section of this site are over with.

Enjoy the rest of the season boys. Go Ms

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
There's several other ways you could've worded that, or simply kept scrolling. Looks like my time on the Ms section of this site are over with.

Enjoy the rest of the season boys. Go Ms
Not the outcome I was seeking, but you do you. <hugs>

I look forward to many more very watchable games this season. And as to Wong, I have to imagine he's looking over his shoulder right now, wondering when the axe will fall. I've never said he has lived up to expectations. He is certainly not living up to former stats from before he got here. I doubt he has any minor league options, so a DFA would seem to be looming in his near future. Servais and DiPoto are patient, to be sure, but I believe they use a 40 game tryout philosophy and we've just passed that milestone. Wouldn't surprise me to see a move there.

I just hate cluttering up the game day threads with more meta-, team related issues that cry out for more general discussion. But I have no power over that, so please proceed as you all feel best. I'll do me. :)

Chapow

Reaction score
Lol.

Game over.

Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
If theirs ever a time to apply the mercy rule...this is it..Thank god for Wong.. made two outs in that inning...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Haven’t watched the M’s in about a month. Usually don’t tune in until NBA playoffs is done. Is it that bad?

If we are out of contention by the deadline, it will be interesting to see who goes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Haven’t watched the M’s in about a month. Usually don’t tune in until NBA playoffs is done. Is it that bad?

If we are out of contention by the deadline, it will be interesting to see who goes.
Yes, the watching the NBA is.
The NBA died in my world the day Clay Bennett and David Stern decided to have a baby together and steal the Sonics.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marco needs to learn the Jamie Moyer type change up(s), slow, slower, and slowest.

When he isn’t pinpointing his 87-90mph fastball it’s batting practice.
Today is exhibit A of that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yes, the watching the NBA is.
The NBA died in my world the day Clay Bennett and David Stern decided to have a baby together and steal the Sonics.
I understand that. Basketball has always been my favorite sport. I’m over being bitter towards the NBA, anyways Stern is gone. And to be fair, watching the Mariners for the last 20 years has been for the most part a complete waste of time, but yeah. I’ll jump on the bandwagon in July if they get it together. Having not watched, im not that surprised by their issues, but I am surprised by how awful Julio has been.

Chapow

Reaction score

Do you mean the season or this game?

If you mean this game, yes it's that bad. 9-0 Red Sox after 2, 12-1 after 5. Obviously our offense has no chance against that kind of deficit.

If you mean the season, I mean, it depends what you mean by that bad. We're not terrible, but we've taken a big step back from back to back 90 win seasons. They haven't shown any reason to believe they could better than a .500 team, imo, and that's pretty much about what I expect at this point. Out of the hunt by late August / early September, and finish right around .500.

The front office decided to do basically nothing to improve this team over the off season and now we're back to being mediocre once again. So, ya know, I guess we have bobblehead nights and whatever other crap to look forward to.

Chapow

Reaction score
Oh, and it's gonna be kind of pathetic watching the all star game in Seattle this season with no Mariners even remotely close to being deserving of being an all star. I dunno, maybe they'll let one be on the all star team out of pity or something. Not really sure how that works for the host team.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
The M's were 17-24 at 41 games in last season. 🤷‍♂️