Seattle Mariners @ Boston Red Sox May 15-17

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I understand that. Basketball has always been my favorite sport. I’m over being bitter towards the NBA, anyways Stern is gone. And to be fair, watching the Mariners for the last 20 years has been for the most part a complete waste of time, but yeah. I’ll jump on the bandwagon in July if they get it together. Having not watched, im not that surprised by their issues, but I am surprised by how awful Julio has been.
Oh I’m not making excuses for the Mariners. Their ownership/FO self-induced suck has been why I stopped going to games and stopped buying merch. Baseball is my favorite sport growing up. That’s why I still watch.

Basketball is my least favorite, so I was a fair weather fan at best, and when the Sonics left, and the commish, and Seattle politicians bent over for Stern and Clay Clay and believed their empty promises (you may get a team back in 5 years which I knew was bullshit when I heard it) I was done with the NBA.

Adam Silver is just like Stern, except he keeps his assholeness behind closed doors.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The rollercoaster continues. Oh well, on to the next one. My expectations for this team are iffy at best, at least right now. But, it's May, 4 plus months of baseball still to be played. I'll continue to watch and/or listen to all the games. Thru thick and thin, Go M's! The offense gives me hives. And at this point, I expect them to leave guys on base every inning. Like Metallica said: Sad but true.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Even though it's not really an answer,I think the Ms need a spark and since
they won't fight maybe it's time to fire Scott.
The hitting coach should go as well..In what world is being a .200 or under
hitter acceptable???I don't want to hear pitchers are better!
you either can hit or you can't..There is no stat to me that covers it up.

Crizilla

Reaction score
All other teams have a "Hitting coach" and assistant hitting coach. The M's have a "Director of hitting strategy" and assistant hitting coach. LOL! They're trying to get fancy with the titles and it's not even working. This isn't rocket science. This isn't some large company. This is a baseball team. Everything about the offense is cringe. Mike Salk on 710 this morning said it's time for a change, I agree.

Chapow

Reaction score
The M's were 17-24 at 41 games in last season. 🤷‍♂️

Fair point. I just haven't seen anything from our offense that makes me think they might turn things around like they did last year. We're going to need 5-6 guys in the lineup to start improving significantly if they want to come close to 90 wins.

Chapow

Reaction score
So far this team clearly doesn't have the same vibe as last year. Not even close. Would LOVE to see them make a change at Manager.

Don't think it'll make any difference. The next manager will just have the same group of players anyway. The front office failed in the off season and because of that this team, this group of players, just isn't good enough. Changing managers isn't going to change that.

That being said, sure go ahead and fire Servais. I don't really care. But this team isn't going to get any better until they get better players.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
So far this team clearly doesn't have the same vibe as last year. Not even close. Would LOVE to see them make a change at Manager.
Even though I wouldn’t be against it, Jerry won’t do it. They are tied at the hip and they are still in contention. Scott has managed himself into quite a few losses this year already.