Seahawks working on hiring Jay Harbaugh (ST Coordinator)

Torc

Reaction score
Jay may have taken the job here specifically to work with someone other than his father - not because he doesn't want to work with his father but to show he can work with someone else and that he's earned the position. That can only help him climb the coaching ladder.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Jay: “I’m leaving you, Dad!”

Jim: “Yeah? And where too?”

Jay: “I’m going to a real organization!”

Jim: “You better not be going to the Niners! I’ll kick your ass!”

Jay: “They beat your Niners and they’ll beat you again!”

Jim: “Seattle?!?!”

Jay: “We’re out of milk….”

(Jay proceeds to go to the store for some “milk…”)

SeaWolv

Reaction score
This would be a really good hire. Jay did a great job with ST under his dad in Ann Arbor and I think it's good he's finally stepping out from dad's shadow. He and MM have a relationship so it makes sense.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Can anyone be a coach in the NFL if your dad hasn't isn't a coach it's just so weird the nepotism is just off the charts
The Harbaugh tree was started with dad Jack. He’s still involved with his sons game planning.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Great hire! Many in Ann Arbor thought Jay should have an expanded role with the program.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
It's exciting to see this staff start to come together. I'm curious how this team will look come training camp.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Another Wolverine Coach and this one is a Harbaugh.
Jim’s son Jay. It’s all over the press right now. I would add a link but I have serious issues posting on this format here with my iPad

Rat

Reaction score
My initial thought was "What, why?" because I had the Alabama semifinal fresh in my head, where numerous, inexcusable special teams gaffes by Michigan nearly cost them the game. Fortunately, from what I've read since, it appears that game was an aberration, and their special teams have been a considerable strength over the past several years, so I'm good now.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Wonder why they didnt just keep the one they had ? Aside from the kick returner, I thought our special teams were doing ok. But hey, maybe I'm just stoopid

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it means more of an aggressive approach, in fact I think our whole team is going to be more attacking and take it to another team rather then be safe and play the type of game waiting for a mistake.

Also why I believe we will have a different look on offense, not that Waldon could not do it but Petes playing not to lose for three quarters and than playing hero ball in the 4th if the other team didn't make a turnover, or execute correctly.

Marshawns sideline question always echos with me with Pete, Coach can we score again?

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think he was wise of him not to join his old man's coaching staff. He would have been subjected to charges of nepotism both within the locker room as well as in the media regardless if there were any truth to them. It's the same reason why I didn't want to see Pete's son considered for a position with us.

Latest posts