Seahawks vs 49ers, Wild Card

WarHawks

Reaction score
Has a team ever picked 5 and 32 before? Wouldn't that be incredible? Go Hawks! Let's Fly!

Jegpeg

Reaction score
The bookies odds imply that we have about a 20% to win which seems about right. Unlikely that we pull it off but hoping we do.
Ironically I think if we do win the games will get easier the Eagles are in decline so we might have a 30% chance against them and that woould leave the top two seeds out of the possible opponents in the championship game

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Has a team ever picked 5 and 32 before? Wouldn't that be incredible? Go Hawks! Let's Fly!
Not sure but I suspect something close to that has happened bu the other way round. I team pushing for the championship trades away their 1st round pick to a team that finishes something like 5-11 and goes on to win the SB.

At the start of the season a lot of Bronco's fans were expecting us to have picks something like 5 & 32!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hard to beat a team 3rd time. But, the Niners are the hottest team in the league w/out a doubt. ALL the pressure is on Santa Clara in this game. And we just saw last night what a team can do with no pressure on them and/or many expecting them to lose.
Do I think we will beat a red hot Niners team? No, but we COULD. If they play their best game of the season, 4 FULL QUARTERS, they have a legit shot. Esp. against a rookie QB.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Hard to beat a team 3rd time. But, the Niners are the hottest team in the league w/out a doubt. ALL the pressure is on Santa Clara in this game. And we just saw last night what a team can do with no pressure on them and/or many expecting them to lose.
Do I think we will beat a red hot Niners team? No, but we COULD. If they play their best game of the season, 4 FULL QUARTERS, they have a legit shot. Esp. against a rookie QB.
it would be tough but the Niners secondary can be beat, i hold my breath every time a deep pass is thrown.
De-Lo is a serious liability at corner right now and Hufanga gets rolled far too often at the point of attack for a ProBowler.
It would be a soul crushing loss of epic pain to lose to Seattle in round 1.
Here is to hoping the zebras don’t ruin the game with bad calls, for either team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool to hear from a Niners fan. You guys are frickin red hot. And with a 3rd string QB. I hate the Niners, but damn, they are loaded.

Skyboy71

Reaction score
Hope we can win a 3rd time and come away without everyone being all broken up!
These teams seem to beat the crap out of each other!

Feel free to bring your B game lol

We all know that won’t happen!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Niners and Cincy are clearly the hottest teams. It will take the Hawks' best effort of the year. 4 quarters of good football. Not 2, or 3, but ALL 4

Weadoption

Reaction score
The season is either a total failure or the 2022 Mr. Irrelevant personally leads the Niners on a 10 game rookie start win streak through the tournament culminating in beating likely either Mahomes or Allen or Burrows in the SB.
Failure or Football Nirvana

byau

Reaction score
Put me on the side that I don't see us beating the 49ers.

The run game by itself could beat us, and I don't just mean McCaffrey. Hawks couldn't handle the Panthers tandem of Hubbard and Foreman, and McCaffrey and Mitchell are 2x++ versions of those two. Add in Kittle, Deebo, and Aiyuk, a disciplined offensive playbook, and a great D, it's hard to fathom a way the somewhat regressing Hawks might win. Heck I'm not sure who in the NFC can beat the 49ers.

But hey! I'm just enjoying the Hawks making the playoffs and having a surprisingly good year (I had them at 5 wins tops). And if the Hawks go back to mid-season form and make it an exciting one, I'm looking forward to it!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Put me on the side that I don't see us beating the 49ers.

The run game by itself could beat us, and I don't just mean McCaffrey. Hawks couldn't handle the Panthers tandem of Hubbard and Foreman, and McCaffrey and Mitchell are 2x++ versions of those two. Add in Kittle, Deebo, and Aiyuk, a disciplined offensive playbook, and a great D, it's hard to fathom a way the somewhat regressing Hawks might win. Heck I'm not sure who in the NFC can beat the 49ers.

But hey! I'm just enjoying the Hawks making the playoffs and having a surprisingly good year (I had them at 5 wins tops). And if the Hawks go back to mid-season form and make it an exciting one, I'm looking forward to it!

I think we harass Lenoir and run k9 a bunch. Our defense should stay in their gaps and try to contain what comes at it.

Geno should practice throwing deep in Two seconds or less. Make a plan to get rid of it before Bosa and Armistead come in.

Thats all that we can do, really.

It’ll be a long shot in successfully defending Deebo, ayuk, Kittle, fig cmc all at the same time? Then there’s the fact Purdy just throws it to Juice And Jennings for tds whenever.

byau

Reaction score
I think we harass Lenoir and run k9 a bunch. Our defense should stay in their gaps and try to contain what comes at it.

Geno should practice throwing deep in Two seconds or less. Make a plan to get rid of it before Bosa and Armistead come in.

Thats all that we can do, really.

It’ll be a long shot in successfully defending Deebo, ayuk, Kittle, fig cmc all at the same time? Then there’s the fact Purdy just throws it to Juice And Jennings for tds whenever.

Running K9 at them ... maybe, but the SF 49ers Run D is tough.

Some info to chew on, taking a page from Fantasy Football, projected fantasy points for an RB is a fantasy stat for overall performance. It's an easily available stat, and whether one fully buys in to fantasy football or not, it still paints a picture that the 49ers run D is tough.

First, they are rated the #1 run defense in fantasy football, when RBs face them, their projected point performance is generally lower than their average. e.g. Kenneth Walker projected points range usually between 11 and 16 projected points. When he faces the 49ers, his projection falls towards 11.

Second, since the bye week, even with a lower projection, all RBs except one have failed to hit that projection against the 49ers (and the one that exceeded projection was an overtime game so more time for obtaining fantasy points)

Whether one will believe in fantasy points or not, bigger picture this means they are a tough run defense.

RBs vs 49ers Weeks 10 through 17
Week 10: Chargers Austin Ekeler 9.8 pts (18.68 projected)
Week 11: Cardinals James Conner 12.4 pts (13.06 projected)
Week 12: Saints Alvin Kamara 4 pts (14.37 projected)
Week 13: Dolphins RB Committee (Raheem Mostert/Jeff Wilson) 3.3 pts (18.4 projected)
Week 14: Bucs RB Committee (Fournette/White) 15.8 pts (19.1 projected)
Week 15: Hawks Kenneth Walker 9.9 pts (11.84 projected)
Week 16: Commanders RB Committee (Robinson/Gibson) 9.9 pts (15.6 projected)
Week 17: Raiders Josh Jacobs 17.5 pts (14.22 projected) <= Overtime

I think for our offense, seems we get success with Geno using his legs, rolling out, we have high success with him rolling out and running or throwing to the TEs, which hopefully then opens up more opportunities for K9 as well. The Raiders I think surprised the 49ers with an excellent offensive game and 3 pass TDs which also helped open the run game for Jacobs. They started Stidham at QB that game and sat Derek Carr, so there was also no tape on Stidham yet that season which probably worked in the Raiders favor.

I think the big key though will be if somehow the Hawks defense can turn Purdy into a pumpkin. Surprisingly he seems more composed than Trey Lance and Jimmy G. so not sure that happens, and that's a testament to some disciplined offense playcalling and balancing out all their playmakers. But if the Seahawks make a game of it, I think it'll be because the D steps up big time and fluster Purdy.

Let's FG Hawks!!

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Had to take a Ram 3rd string team to OT. 1 and done.

Rams basically missing Stafford, Donald and Kupp. Seahawks missing Adams, Penny, Brooks, Dissly. Every team is playing third stringers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sorry dude you lose that argument. The answer is “with an excellent front seven”
We shall see, I think Pete will get them to play above what we have seen and there are wrinkles in the offense we have only begun to scratch, time to let Walker catch a few more passes also and make that secondary work harder.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Niners front 7 can be weak up the middle against the run. Armstead and Kinlaw both tall high pad types. Kinlaw hasn’t played any better than his rookie year, he stands straight up and apparently closes his eyes when he bull rushes, lets backs go by him all too often. For a 1st rounder, he’s a bust. You let Walker get by you like that and he will hurt you with his jump cuts and wicked speed. That’s a smart running back with Tomlinson like talent, that dude is definitely a concern, with a wet field even more so.